July 31, 2014 | 1005 users online

BB Cream - Shu Uemura - UV under base BB mousse

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2014 8:48:00 AM More reviews by isis0

Review for UV under base mousse SPF30 PA+++ in Beige

To start off, I don't use this as a primer, since I find it alters the finish and coverage of my foundation too much. Instead, I wear it on its own - as it evens out my skin tone quite well and provides great oil control (for several hours!). I often use this on top of heavy duty sunscreens and it really helps take any shininess down. The mousse applies easily and dries to a satiny finish. The mousse is a very pale beige, so not suitable for medium or darker skins.

Pros:
- great oil control
- lightweight

Cons:
- heavy floral scent (and taste)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2013 4:26:00 AM More reviews by aicekins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am medium skin tone, acidic, oily skin type living in the hot and humid islands of the Philippines. Pretty much average profile for Asian skin types. I have to say I am happiest with this product ever since I tried it 6 months ago. Used with my beauty blender, the mousse is just not going to work with brushes coz you'll end up with uneven streaks all over ur face. I use this with liquid foundation or powder, sometimes both and rarely do I use it alone. First application it looks too white on my face but after it blends into your skin and you know you put the right amounts of it coz it blends in to your skin tone. My gripe about this product is that if you are not careful squeezing the nozzle you'll end up with too much product/waste. Also, like their foundation daily use will last only up to 6 mos. pricey but def worth the money in my opinion!! SPF and it feels light on the skin! Love this!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2012 9:51:00 AM More reviews by jltful89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is by far the most disappointing product I have gotten. Shouldn't have had such high expectations. It irritates and stings my skin causing red patches all over my face. I couldn't get decent coverage ( cover the redness that's already there) in fact my skin only got more irritated and redder. I tried it a few times when my skin was in better condition but it just performed badly each time.
I've also tried pairing it with the powder foundation recommended by the SA but nah didn't work either so dumping it and swearing off high end makeup thanks to the hole that's in my pocket.( My shopping at Shu Uemura earned me a membership which I will probably never use again.)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2012 2:30:00 AM More reviews by boyineedyou

It's good but it's cant resist water, i touch my face with wet fingers and it's comes off suddenly

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Eolo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm still not on the BB bandwagon, most Western BB creams I tried were nothing more than tinted moisturizers, when given the opportunity to get some Shu Uemura products with a significant discount I decided to get this more as primer/sunscreen than anything else.

This comes in a packaging much like the other Shu Uemura mousses and you have the option of beige or pink, I opted on beige.

This comes out as beige (redudant, yes) mousse that you dispense the size of a walnut that pretty much covers the whole face, at first it appears slightly whitish/gray and then it shifts to my shade, whether by oxidizing or something else, I have no clue but it works for me. I have doubts that these would suit a medium complexion however.

The product is advised to be applied with a sponge, I have tried it with my fingers and a couple of brushes, the brushes leave a streaky uneven finish while the fingers (although more effective) do become rather messy as well as you have product everywhere, it applies easily with a sponge and I definitely am considering the purchasing of a Beauty Blender or one of the new MAC sponges.

However these are minor details because this product was a most pleasant surprise, with a buildable coverage that even out skin tone to an almost medium coverage having dealt with a couple of blemishes that were plaguing my nose. This product also appeared to have soothed my skin and evened out my skin tone (claims that I usually see associated with bb creams) and definitely became a keeper. I also dispense with the use of powder and it holds up very well without looking greasy. It takes roughly five minutes to set and the feel is slightly stick until it fuses with your skin.

I am definitely taking care of getting another replacement because I see it as my go-to complexion product.

Being this in a can, I can't vouch for how long it will last, but it is rather pricy although time has taught me that, within reason, a pricier product sometimes holds better results in the long term.

For reference, I am Finland/Siberia in NARS, Chrystal Ochre #310 in SKII, Porcelain in Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer.