La Roche Posay CICAPLAST BAUME B5 (Multi-purpose/soothing repairing balm)

4.5

AQUA / WATER HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE DIMETHICONE GLYCERIN BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER / SHEA BUTTER PANTHENOL BUTYLENE GLYCOL ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE PROPANEDIOL CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE TRISTEARIN ZINC GLUCONATE MADECASSOSIDE MANGANESE GLUCONATE MAGNESIUM SULFATE DISODIUM EDTA COPPER GLUCONATE ACETYLATED GLYCOL STEARATE POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE SODIUM BENZOATE PHENOXYETHANOL CHLORHEXIDINE DIGLUCONATE CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE

on 8/28/2015 7:18:00 PM

I've been using this product for a while now as my moisturizer and I really like it .
Pros:
-Hygienic (squeeze tube)
-Doesn't make me oily
-Doesn't cause breakouts
-Great for sensitive skin
-One tube lasts for a long time
Cons:
-Leaves kind of a white cast
-Takes a while to absorb
-A little expensive

on 8/23/2015 6:41:00 AM

Meh. Yes, this is moisturising and soothing for dry, cracked or irritated skin, but so are a lot of other products that are cheaper and more absorbent. It didn't work any more magic than a drugstore hand cream. I guess the film it leaves is protective, but unless you can't avoid exposing the damaged area of skin to something that's irritating, it would seem to be more convenient to use a cream that absorbs better, and wear washing up or winter gloves, or long sleeves etc until the area heals... To be fair, unlike many other users, I haven't tried this stuff on my face - maybe it would work better there?

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It healed my skin of acne. I suffered of really bad acne for about 16 years. Nothing worked until I tried this. I exfoliate with image ageless cleaner (chemical exfoliation), then apply this cream before going to sleep. It worked for me, that is all I can say :D!!!

on 8/6/2015 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for 2 months now, and so far I've been loving it!

The balm is slightly thick and gives you a faint white cast if you apply a thick amount. The texture becomes soft and slightly oily on the skin. The moisturizing effect is decent-- not super moisturizing but I think slightly dry skin can use this. I use this in the AM and PM with hydrating serums so it is not a problem.

Why do I like it? Because it is fatty alcohol free (they cause pimples on my skin) and it truly helps heal the skin faster (great since I use peels). Whether you over-exfoliate, pop pimples, or cut yourself, this will help! Also, I have awful, painful eczema on the front and back of my neck, and this is one of the only two products that actually have put it back into remission (the other being Protopic).

I love the price too. Compare to the other LRP creams, this is one of their cheapest. I'll definitely be buying more of this. :)

on 8/6/2015 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I was disappointed in the original Cicaplast but this an entirely different story. This balm is great and it really does quicken the healing of small cuts. I was amazed how it healed my mangled squeezed zit in just days - first it formed a light scab over the raw skin and after just a day or two, I could lift off the entire scab and find perfectly healed skin underneath. Another great aspect of this is that although it's a balm and quite thick, it'll really absorb and not sit on your skin like an oily film. It's also lanolin and mineral oil free. Cicaplast Baume B5 worked great as a moisturised in the winter, too, but sadly I think it broke me out (not entirely sure of that, though). The packaging says to keep it away from the eye area but I never had any problem even though I used it all over my face. In any case, I always keep a tube of this at hand and I recommed you do too!

on 7/18/2015 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

First off, hooray! It's finally available (easily) in the U.S.!

Second off, this stuff is great. This is an awesome, emergency skin saver. I vastly prefer it to the Avene salve, or any other drugstore brand heavy-duty salves I've ever used.

I first used it while traveling and my heels and feet were in absolute pain. Dry, cracked, bleeding. (This was before I had discovered the joys of Babyfoot.) Within a day of slathering this stuff on, my feet were comfortable again.

I've smeared this on burns, bites, dry skin, the like. I've had the same tube for a long time-- to my mind, this is something for occasional use, not for anything ongoing. And when I've needed it, it's always worked.

on 7/9/2015 4:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

when i first tried this cicaplast baume b5 on my face i thought it was very different from the original cicaplast. for one, the baume b5 has a thick white cream texture which leaves a whitecast on the face while the original has a clear gel-like texture. i much prefer the texture of the original but the new one performs just as good, although not suitable for morning use or for use under makeup. it's only been a few days since i started using it and i've yet to see any improvement in my skin. will update in a month or so.

on 6/23/2015 5:06:00 PM

After reading some reviews I bought this thinking that it would be good for when my skin is acting up. When I got an itchy rash near my mouth (probably from being allergic to something) I tried using it. It didn't soothe the itching or help the rash at all, and it also balled up on my skin. I tried using it several more times but gave up and used my regular moisturizer after that. More recently I tried to use this again for an itchy bug bite on my hand but again, this didn't do anything for the itching at all. I wouldn't buy again.

on 6/23/2015 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Great for extra moisture. Very nourishing and repairing.

on 5/30/2015 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is fantastic!

I had a contact dermatitis in both cheeks (very red, itchy and burning skin) due to using a new cleanser from Essence: My Skin Mattifying Cleansing Gel. I was desperate, I had never experienced such a allergic reaction, but the Cicaplast baume saved me! I applied this the same day that the rash appears, in a couple of hours it calmed down the eritema and the burning sensation, it was really amazing.

I have sensitive combination acne prone skin, I put a thick layer in the night and did not break me out, wich is a huge point for me. The next morning my skin was almost normal, great! Also, is very affordable for being a La Roche Posay product and the packaging is practical, hygienic and sleek.

Now that my skin has returned to normal I use it some nights when I feel my skin more on the dry side and/or my cheeks are more red than the usual. The next morning my skin is hydrated and soothed.

I will repurchase for sure!

Popular Treatments (Face)