July 29, 2014 | 1064 users online

Treatments (Face) - La Roche Posay - CICAPLAST BAUME B5 (Multi-purpose/soothing repairing balm)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 4:39:00 PM More reviews by rklbrck

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My sensitive skin can't live without this stuff! Nothing else but this smooth, dream cream has worked on persistently dry areas. Problem is I moved countries and can't find it anywhere here in South Africa; winter is coming and the tube is looking worryingly empty. Will have to make a plan to export a crate full of this goodness here.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2014 5:18:00 AM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was laughing and cursing when looking in the mirror the first morning after I tried this as a night cream. My skin looked like someone else's. Completely transformed. No redness, smooth, hydrated but no oily spots, no clogged pores, no dry patches, no visible lines - totally balanced as a healthy skin should be. Why did no one tell me about this stuff before? I found it when re-ordering the Cicaplast lip balm and started reading reviews for other products in the line. I thought this stuff was for burns, or insect bites, I didn't know you could use it as a face cream!? Well, it's a real find for someone with super-sensitive skin that needs some intensive hydrating. I highly highly recommend trying it. It's not expensive, and if it doesn't work on your face, there are loads of other ways to use it - it makes a great hand cream for example.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by CombatWombat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A very simple, no-frills healing cream for extremely dry or cracked skin. I used this first as an all over facial moisturizer (including around my eyes) at the beginning of the winter when my face was painfully dry and tight. It solved the problem and did not worsen my acne, and I've been able to switch to using LRP's Toleriane Ultra instead. Now I use this on blemishes, dry lips, angular chelitis, cracked cuticles, and anything else that needs to be fixed but doesn't need Polysporin. This thick white cream provides relief without greasiness or any odor and applies easily without the need for a lot of rubbing.

I do have both this and the regular Cicaplast, and I use the two on the same kinds of skin problems but for different purposes. The original Cicaplast is a thick, clear gel with a silicone finish that acts as a barrier so that skin can heal underneath; it also reduces friction over the surface of the skin so the skin is not re-injured. It gives a smooth finish over broken skin so that concealer can be applied over top without looking cakey or uneven. The B5 Baume is more fluid by comparison but still relatively thick, opaque, and with a drier finish. I find the B5 Baume to be somewhat more "active" in its healing abilities, less slippery so less helpful for friction, and has a slightly powdery/chalky finish once it dries if it's used in large amounts - say, reapplied to the lips after an hour or two. I can use the B5 over larger areas of my face for some texture correction, but I find the original Cicaplast better for smoothing over small areas of rough skin. Neither product is something that everyone will need, but I find myself reaching for both on a near daily basis and for different purposes.

Overall I very much recommend this product for all the little dermatological indignities winter throws our way. Relatively inexpensive (under $20CDN), lasts forever, and easy to find for most Canadians. Do your American friends a favor and mail them a tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 7:35:00 AM More reviews by meru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My HG moisturiser. I have rosacea and acne prone skin, and absolutely everything makes my skin red or dry. This moisturiser soothed and calmed down my skin every time I put it on. It feels quite greasy but has not broken me out once, I feel it calms down my breakouts as well. I now cannot live without it and have bought another 100 mL one to store in my cabinet. It is also great to use on other areas of the body, it healed a rash on my hand overnight! The only problem with it for me is that make up does not sit well on top, I have to wipe off the excess grease after putting it on with a cotton pad first and then make up application is smooth and easy.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 2:04:00 AM More reviews by lollipopgraceE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a great little product for sensitive skin, or for people who do a lot of facial treatments/ exfoliation. It's quite good for getting rid of redness, and it leaves a nice matte finish on the skin. So far it does not seem to have caused any breakouts, which is very impressive considering how sensitive my skin is to...well, anything. It works well underneath makeup as well. I am probably not going repurchase this though, because my Dr. Eckstein Kamillen Azulen Packung (a mask with Chamomile and Azulene) is still better at reducing redness and calming down my acne-prone skin. While the cicaplast baume b5 doesn't aggravate my acne, it doesn't help it much either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by paintingitpink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Another great product that I've found thanks to Lisa Eldridge! I've been through several tubes of the regular cicaplast, but when I saw this at Shoppers a few months ago (it was $5.00 cheaper than the regular cicaplast) I picked it up. This is an AMAZING winter moisturizer! This product is the only reason that I've been able to get through the Canadian winter AND use Retin-A almost daily! This is super concentrated, but it's not greasy. I've been using this both morning and night (sometimes mixed with the Avene Antirougeurs concentrate, another HG product I've found through Lisa!). My acne has improved tremendously as I can tolerate the higher dose with minimal peeling.
Also, I've been using this twice a day for around two months, and I doubt I've used even half of the tube. Excellent value for what you get. This ends up being far cheaper than most drugstore moisturizers.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 11:16:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

I bought this out of desperation to heal my poor son's cheeks that is so red, dry, chapped, flakey, and just raw to the touch due to the winter this year. Not to mention him getting the flu which resulted in continuous runny nose that added to the problem. This balm helps to restore the skin and repair it overnight when I apply it on very thick. I will say though it is not a miracle worker by any means. By that I mean is that in order to see results i had to apply this every night, and then after the 5th night of applying this on very thick, I started to see overnight results from there on. Strange right? It's okay though as long as it works. It is definitely a life saver for me now. The texture is non-greasy and a pleasure to apply. It soaks in instantly and has no fragrance. It's just a nice white cream with no fuss and frills. I have been applying this every night on his cheeks during this winter season beacuse of it being so raw every single day, and this is the only thing that helps to recover his skin with continuous overnight use. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 8:58:00 AM More reviews by Miloshy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing product, I'm really impressed by this product...I got a 3ml sample of cicaplast a couple of months ago and used it on my cheeks that got irritated by Clarisonic...for 3 days my skin was red and hurt. I applied cicaplast 2-3 times and in 2 days my cheeks came back to normal and I felt like my skin got stronger so I continued using my clarisonic without any problem. So last week I got a really bad cold, I kept sneezing every minute like crazy and my nose got so red, flaky and my skin hurt a lot...again, I applied it 1-2 times and my skin calmed down incredibly. So today I went to the pharmacy and bought the full size (for 110 norwegian krones) coz this is really worth the money, I would purchase it even if it cost the double... just whish the PAO was 12 months instead of 6, most lrp products have a really short PAO!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by monty713

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Lovely as a night time moisturizer. Applies nicely, no scent and it isn't all that expensive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by leavingthingsbehind

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have nothing but great things to say about this product.

I've used to use Avene Cicalfate but this one is less greasy (Avene balm is much more thicker, perhaps it has more zinc in it?) and more pleasant to use. It is the same amount as Avene (100 ml, although you are able to get a smaller tube of Avene) and it is very reasonably priced (I've paid £15.50 at Boots).

It is wonderful on my dehydrated, dry skin. It does not have any fragrance, it does not block pores it just hydrates and greases thirsty skin wonderfully. I used to have to put multiple layers of hydrating cream to quench my skin but with this one, I require only one application and I am done until the morning.

I would not use it during the day, under makeup as it leaves a white, shiny cast but it is not sticky and chalky smelling like Avene. Actually it is quite smooth and I can spread it straight onto the skin (I had to pat the Avene one, it was impossible to smear on the skin without stretching).

I think it will be a wonderful staple for a Scottish winter - windy and cold, with lashing rain, not to easy on dry, easily reddening skin. Well done LRP = *****

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No