November 23, 2014 | 1858 users online

Treatments (Face) - La Roche Posay - CICAPLAST BAUME B5 (Multi-purpose/soothing repairing balm)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by thelittlestrebel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Currently I have extra dry, cystic acne prone skin. This is one of my favourite, repurchased products that I recommend to all my clients and friends.

As well as the claims - it leaves a beautiful bouncy glow to the skin and is amazing to pop on top of a serum or another moisturizer.

It heals all of my dryness, the texture from my retinol A and acne medication (Tactuo gel) and speed heals any cystic acne or other issues my skin may have.

The price point and accessibility is fab, as well.

I highly, highly recommend this and trust the rest of the La Roche Posay line.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2014 7:15:00 PM More reviews by corviddreams

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have such ridiculously sensitive skin. I have rosacea, scent allergies, normal allergies, and at 44 I still get acne. Finding a product that does not make any of that act up is very difficult. One of the hardest things about finding good skin care products is that my skin hates silicone, which gives me acne. Silicone is in darned near every skin care product. Fortunately, this one is silicone free. It is also perfume free, another ingredient I have to avoid.

This cream is thicker than I would normally like, but it absorbs quickly and leave my skin very moisturized. What I like about it most is that it is very soothing after using retinoids or other exfoliators and helps prevent the flaking that I used to get from using them. I only use it at night as it is too thick for use under make up. However, I also have oily skin so I don't usually use moisturizer under make up anyway.

This doesn't have active ingredients to target any of my other skin concerns: rosacea, acne, wrinkles. However, I have serums and such for that. What I really needed in my routine was a soothing moisturizer and this does the job perfectly.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2014 3:43:00 PM More reviews by cherryme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh oh it seems I am the only person that doesn't like this balm! It is not really that I don't like it, but I think it doesn't like me. It makes my skin itch wherever I put! I don't know which ingredient is to blame but is a shame it didn't work for me as I have a wound I am trying to ''repair''.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2014 6:54:00 AM More reviews by jnpho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have rosacea dry skin and bought this cream after having some persistent flaky patches on my face. The first time I used this it made my skin flake WHILST I was applying - weird! After I tried applying over moistuiser/oil to lock it in, and it still came out drier than had I left it at just the moisturiser alone. It didn't irritate my skin, but didn't improve it either. Disappointed after all the rave reviews.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by LambLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have dehydrated and sensitive skin with dry itchy patches on my cheeks. I saw some reviews for this and decided to try it. I'm really glad I did because this helps a lot when my face is irritated. I've also used this on my lips at night and I wake up with them feeling nicely moisturized in the morning.

This is really soothing and stops my face from itching. It also helps get rid of the redness on my face too. This is extremely moisturizing, so I only use it where my skin is dry. I find that it doesn't exactly sink in, but I don't mind because it makes my skin feel incredibly soft.

This is my new go to "oh-my-god-why-does-my-face-hate-me" cream. It is about $15 in Canada and you only get 40ml, so it's not cheap. Save it for your most important areas or areas that are crazy dry and itchy.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 6:43:00 AM More reviews by kathykiller

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

First of all, I have sensitive oily, acne prone skin and every and I seriously mean every moisturizer in the market broke me out. I stopped using moisturizer cause I was tired of the breakouts. I used a harsh cleanser to get rid of the oil and dirt but that routine made my face even worse. Acne got worse and my skin was dry as hell.

After reading great reviews about La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume B5, I decided to give it a try thinking that my face couldn't get any worse than this right now. Due to the fact that I live in a warm climate, I used it as a night cream.

The next day I was hooked! Not a single breakout, no oiliness and baby smooth face. I haven't felt my face so smooth in years!! No redness, acne was calmed and no breakouts. Also, no fragrance makes it ideal for sensitive faces like mine.

When I apply it on my face it doesn't melt easily and it seems lightly greasy but it's not after quite some minutes when it is absorbed! The texture is medium-thick, white and small amount goes a long way.
It gives the exact hydration my skin needs and it contains chlorhexidine digluconate as antibacterial for my acne. It works like charm on chapped lips too!
Overall I very much recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2014 4:20:00 AM More reviews by littleantlers85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very sensitive, reactive skin that is prone to redness. I have been using this as my main moisturiser for over a week now. I've noticed:

- A great reduction in redness. Skin no longer looks at all red. I no longer wake up with red cheeks.
- Decrease in the visibility of fine lines, presumably down to the moisturising qualities of this balm.
- Skin looks even-toned, brighter and glowing.
- Skin no longer feels prickly or tight.
- Reduction in flaking from retin-A.

Overall, discovering this balm has been a breakthrough. Totally recommend.

(Post script: The only thing I would say is that it doesn't sit very nicely under make-up so I normally only use it at night and in the day when I don't intend on leaving the house).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 6:20:00 AM More reviews by tinybucket

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have just started using this a few weeks ago, it's absolutely beautiful for my sensitive, rosacea prone skin. Calms it right down and seems to protect and maybe even strengthen it (my skin is quite lovely and "resistant" after using this as my main moisturiser). I used to love Avene's Skin Recovery Creme but this might have taken it's place, as it's not sticky (my problem with Avene's cream). It also contains zinc and is targeted at keeping inflammation down. It works well as a day and night moisturiser (I use it on top of serums and the like). Because it contains zinc you can get slightly whitish bits that you can easily blend into your skin. I have used foundations on top with no problems. I found it for quite a reasonable price online and it comes in two different sizes. I already repurchased this because I feel like my first tube is running low already (but I have been slathering it on quite enthusiastically).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2014 8:15:00 PM More reviews by dri5hti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually use oil on my skin which is dry, dehydrated and dull on a bad day. I've been getting awful adult acne and scars and I thought perhaps it was my rose hip seed oil that was the culprit. So I bought this and judging by the ingredients and rave reviews I thought it would be a breakthrough. The acne certainly healed a little (but not more than it would have naturally) the scars did not fade but the worst part was this congested my forehead with little white bumps. I suppose creams are just not compatible with my skin. My bf though, who has developed mild eczema around the mouth loved this product as it apparently soothed and healed the area.

It's a great product but it might or might not be compatible with your skin.

Scent: mild/none

Texture: medium-thick, white, small amount goes a long way. Slightly greasy for my dry, sensitive skin. But perfect for my Bf's normal/dry skin.

Hydration: Not enough for my dry skin. Perfect for normal.

Price: I love European skin care products and I find they are generally worth the price. Same in this case.

Would buy again: maybe under certain circumstances. Right now only oils work for my skin

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 4:39:00 PM More reviews by rklbrck

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My sensitive skin can't live without this stuff! Nothing else but this smooth, dream cream has worked on persistently dry areas. Problem is I moved countries and can't find it anywhere here in South Africa; winter is coming and the tube is looking worryingly empty. Will have to make a plan to export a crate full of this goodness here.