La Roche Posay CICAPLAST BAUME B5 (Multi-purpose/soothing repairing balm)

4.5

AQUA / WATER HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE DIMETHICONE GLYCERIN BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER / SHEA BUTTER PANTHENOL BUTYLENE GLYCOL ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE PROPANEDIOL CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE TRISTEARIN ZINC GLUCONATE MADECASSOSIDE MANGANESE GLUCONATE MAGNESIUM SULFATE DISODIUM EDTA COPPER GLUCONATE ACETYLATED GLYCOL STEARATE POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE SODIUM BENZOATE PHENOXYETHANOL CHLORHEXIDINE DIGLUCONATE CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

As someone with acne prone, sensitive skin, this is one of the few moisturizers I've found that doesn't break me out or make my face oily. The balm is fairly thick and I've found it hard to apply on its own but great for mixing with a little squirt of serum or oil. The balm has a slight glue-like smell but it fades away upon application. It does leave a bit of a white cast unfortunately. I got a 1.35 oz tube of this on Amazon for $15 and it lasted me about 4 months with twice daily application. Overall, a fair deal and certainly worth a try if typical moisturizers don't do the trick for you.

It calms my break-outs. I always apply a heavy layer of B5 as a night cream. I have already used 4 tubes of it!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is the only thing that will soothe and repair my dried out acne-prone skin during the winter. I have oily, and chronic dehydrated skin which during the cold months takes a hit, and I develop random dry patches and sore eyes. Combined with my nightly retinoid use, I also get a red rash on my neck. This balm is amazing, and cleared all my problems within 24 hours. I was convinced it would clog my pores, but it hasn't and I have been using at my day and night moisturiser, on top of various hydrating & anti-ageing serums. It's perfect under makeup, doesn't shine through or cause a greasy mess. I have also mixed it with my foundation for a more sheer coverage and it performs well. Surprisingly I love this, and it's literally saved my skin!

I loved this. Only thing that worked out for me. I had really oily skin that causes makeup melt off in 2hrs. However after on acne medication, some areas of my skin got so dry that it was flaking and even hurt especially around my mouth area. This prevented it from flaking yet did not cause my oily acne skin to break out. One day without this and my skin just starts to flake

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I got this as it said it could relieve dry sensitive skin, I have eczema so this is a big problem for me. The only weird thing is that the cream smells like rubber and toothpaste. It has a powdery feel and overall it seems to moisturize fine. I use it on my face for evening but apparently it can be used on the body and lips. I do not think i want to try it on my lips because of the smell. But SGD$24.90 for 40ml is quite expensive.

I've been a fan of La-Roche Posay for more than a year now and I generally like most if not all of their products I've tried. Even though my skin tends to be oily during the summer, the winter makes it extremely dry and prone to eczema. So I started using this as a moisturizer and I really like the texture. It's quite soothing and it doesn't have a scent. It keeps your skin moisturised as well as calms down any small irritations.
I would definitely recommend this for any small injuries and dry skin. And on the plus side, it doesn't contain any liquid paraffin, which just sits on top of the skin and clogged pores.(A very common ingredient in most soothing creams I've seen.)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is a very interesting product as you can really adapt it to your needs as I have found out. The most obvious use is to layer it as a barrier cream if it's really windy and cold, if you live in a harsh climate and you want to protect your face from irritation when outdoor.
Also great as a primer, I usually layer it on top of my normal moisturiser, just a thin layer and then apply my make up as usual. I found out that it's a brilliant primer as it works as a sort of cushion for your foundation that stays fresh throughout the day (my skin is pretty dry and tends to absorbs moisture from make up if skin is not in top moisture conditions). Also I dab a tiny bit on top of eye serum so that my concealer doesn't settle in fine lines (just a veil!).
This balm is also great for your feet at night before you slip on cosy socks for guaranteed softness in the morning.
It's great for men after shaving or out running.
It doesn't cost the earth so I will be repurchasing!

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Do i like this product? hmm probably not, but i dont dislike it either. I apply this on the face and it whitens my face. But half an hour later, my face just looks greasy and i have to wipe off the oil on my face that is from the balm. I do not think it is soothing nor helps with damaged skin. My face feels less pain when i applied, however after washing off, my skin just returns to normal. I am not sure if this balm breaks me out. I tried to use it at night before i go to sleep as a "sleeping mask". But it did not improve my skin that is breaking out:(. however, this balm is considered affordable for its brand. I would not repurchase.

Effective scientific skin care! I was recommended this post cosmetic laser treatment by the dermatologist. It is that safe and soothing. I find that it never breaks me out and moisturises so well. It's unscented and supposedly contains 5% panthenol which is often found in expensive luxury moisturisers for a lot more. At the end of the day it's the ingredient not the brand that's going to do good for your skin. I'm so glad to have found this. La Roche Posay is a thumbs up brand for me that delivers what they claim.

I've been using this product for a while now as my moisturizer and I really like it .
Pros:
-Hygienic (squeeze tube)
-Doesn't make me oily
-Doesn't cause breakouts
-Great for sensitive skin
-One tube lasts for a long time
Cons:
-Leaves kind of a white cast
-Takes a while to absorb
-A little expensive