March 1, 2015 | 916 users online

Treatments (Face) - La Roche Posay - CICAPLAST BAUME B5 (Multi-purpose/soothing repairing balm)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2015 6:14:00 AM More reviews by geekinpink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is saving my skin and I wouldn't have found it without all of you! My skin is turning into a flaky, itchy, dry mess, while still oily in spots. We're in the dead of a cold, windy Canadian winter right now. Nothing else was working so I picked this up. I'm using it as the final step of my skincare routine. I love the method of warming in my hands and pressing, not rubbing, into my skin. At first, my skin looks like an oil slick but it absorbs within 10 minutes. I layer some products at night and this goes nicely over it as a final step. In the day, I sometimes use this after my usual routine (toner, antioxidant cream, sunblock) but before applying makeup and my makeup still wears really well.
My skin is more hydrated and this is taking redness and irritation away. It feels SO good on, like my skin feels so calm, soft and happy. I'm no skin care expect but LRP lists the following as active ingredients in the product: [Madecassoside] + [Copper - Zinc Manganese] Soothing of dry, irritated areas [5% Panthenol] Skin protection. it also claims to have antibacterial properties.
I'm very breakout prone and this doesn't seem to cause any problems. I don't detect any scent. For the price, less than $20, I'm really really pleased.
Update: This really healed my moisture barrier and after a couple of weeks I don't have to use it regularly although am still applying outside of my oily spots some of the time. I do dab it on healing pimples and in the morning I'm surprised that they look much less red.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2014 2:10:00 AM More reviews by silviabeloved

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Edit: One month later, B5 has proven to be even better than I thought it was when I first reviewed it here. It's not too heavy to use it daily, and even when I put a lot of it on my face and/or body, my skin seems to just drink it all up. I now use it under makeup with no problems whatsoever. And I do think one of the previous reviewers was right in saying that it helps with minor breakouts a great deal. This is a truly fantastic product. I might switch back to Cicaplast in Summer, but right now my skin is loving this. If you get a big one(100ml), you can easily get great skin from head to toe with not much money at all!

I have been a faithful user of Cicaplast as my moisturizer for a few years now. I have such sensitive skin that my skincare routine is extremely short and simple. (As few items as possible, on a good day I can count all the products I use with the fingers on my right hand, including makeup.) And almost everything I use on my face are from La Roche Posey. In my personal opinion, they have safe, gentle, effective, and affordable products. Admittedly I haven't tried all of their products, but the ones I do try and use are all very satisfying. (God, I hope I don't sound like their spokesperson or something.) I often wish I had known and used their products since my teenage years, I think my life might have been somehow improved if that were the case.

Anyway, due to the weather and heater and my own stupidity (which is enormous and boundless, apparently), my facial skin has been really dry and itchy. It hasn't really flaked yet, but it's tight and uncomfortable and there are visible dry patches. I even tried putting a really thick layer of Cicaplast as a kind of masque in my bath, it did sooth my skin a bit, but the results didn't last. When I started feeling like I was having chicken pox again with all the itching and temptation to scratch (and leave scars, grr....), I asked my loving boyfriend to get me both Cicaplast and Cicaplast B5 on his way home. The whole time through dinner I was literally squirming like a worm because I wanted to scratch my face so badly, especially around my eyes, it was so dry that it sometimes hurt when I blinked.

I put some on my whole face after dinner, the cream came out of the tube completely white and a bit thick, the texture is very different from the original Cicaplast, which is a clear gel. It went on my face quite heavily but sinked in really really fast. Just like Cicaplast, it can hurt a little when you first apply it on the really dry or affected areas. But the soothing sensation follows immediately after, and this time it lasted enough for me to get a good night's sleep. I thought it had a scent that Cicaplast doesn't have, but it's supposed to be fragrance-free, anyway the scent is by no means strong or offensive. I actually told my boyfriend that it smelt nice when I first poured it unto my palm. It's not some quick magic worker, but I woke up this morning with much better looking complexion and zero itching sensation. I put a lot of it around my eyes which the instructions suggest against, but I always put Cicaplast around my eyes with no problems, and my eyes are so dry that I did it anyway, and it certainly did help with the skin around my eye area a great deal without any bad reactions. (Hello again, blinking and batting eyelashes!) It leaves a visible white cast on my lips overnight, but not my face.

I prefer the packaging of Cicaplast, but this one is cheaper. I think B5 is more like an emergency solution for me, it would be quite heavy to use it daily, but I am really glad I bought it on the first sign of skin discomfort and it did what it claimed to do. So yes, I will use it again and recommend it to people who are suffering from extremely dry skin. And hey look, it's got shea butter in it! And no mineral oil!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by thelittlestrebel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Currently I have extra dry, cystic acne prone skin. This is one of my favourite, repurchased products that I recommend to all my clients and friends.

As well as the claims - it leaves a beautiful bouncy glow to the skin and is amazing to pop on top of a serum or another moisturizer.

It heals all of my dryness, the texture from my retinol A and acne medication (Tactuo gel) and speed heals any cystic acne or other issues my skin may have.

The price point and accessibility is fab, as well.

I highly, highly recommend this and trust the rest of the La Roche Posay line.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2014 7:15:00 PM More reviews by corviddreams

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have such ridiculously sensitive skin. I have rosacea, scent allergies, normal allergies, and at 44 I still get acne. Finding a product that does not make any of that act up is very difficult. One of the hardest things about finding good skin care products is that my skin hates silicone, which gives me acne. Silicone is in darned near every skin care product. Fortunately, this one is silicone free. It is also perfume free, another ingredient I have to avoid.

This cream is thicker than I would normally like, but it absorbs quickly and leave my skin very moisturized. What I like about it most is that it is very soothing after using retinoids or other exfoliators and helps prevent the flaking that I used to get from using them. I only use it at night as it is too thick for use under make up. However, I also have oily skin so I don't usually use moisturizer under make up anyway.

This doesn't have active ingredients to target any of my other skin concerns: rosacea, acne, wrinkles. However, I have serums and such for that. What I really needed in my routine was a soothing moisturizer and this does the job perfectly.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2014 3:43:00 PM More reviews by cherryme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh oh it seems I am the only person that doesn't like this balm! It is not really that I don't like it, but I think it doesn't like me. It makes my skin itch wherever I put! I don't know which ingredient is to blame but is a shame it didn't work for me as I have a wound I am trying to ''repair''.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2014 6:54:00 AM More reviews by jnpho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have rosacea dry skin and bought this cream after having some persistent flaky patches on my face. The first time I used this it made my skin flake WHILST I was applying - weird! After I tried applying over moistuiser/oil to lock it in, and it still came out drier than had I left it at just the moisturiser alone. It didn't irritate my skin, but didn't improve it either. Disappointed after all the rave reviews.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by LambLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have dehydrated and sensitive skin with dry itchy patches on my cheeks. I saw some reviews for this and decided to try it. I'm really glad I did because this helps a lot when my face is irritated. I've also used this on my lips at night and I wake up with them feeling nicely moisturized in the morning.

This is really soothing and stops my face from itching. It also helps get rid of the redness on my face too. This is extremely moisturizing, so I only use it where my skin is dry. I find that it doesn't exactly sink in, but I don't mind because it makes my skin feel incredibly soft.

This is my new go to "oh-my-god-why-does-my-face-hate-me" cream. It is about $15 in Canada and you only get 40ml, so it's not cheap. Save it for your most important areas or areas that are crazy dry and itchy.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 6:43:00 AM More reviews by kathykiller

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

First of all, I have sensitive oily, acne prone skin and every and I seriously mean every moisturizer in the market broke me out. I stopped using moisturizer cause I was tired of the breakouts. I used a harsh cleanser to get rid of the oil and dirt but that routine made my face even worse. Acne got worse and my skin was dry as hell.

After reading great reviews about La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume B5, I decided to give it a try thinking that my face couldn't get any worse than this right now. Due to the fact that I live in a warm climate, I used it as a night cream.

The next day I was hooked! Not a single breakout, no oiliness and baby smooth face. I haven't felt my face so smooth in years!! No redness, acne was calmed and no breakouts. Also, no fragrance makes it ideal for sensitive faces like mine.

When I apply it on my face it doesn't melt easily and it seems lightly greasy but it's not after quite some minutes when it is absorbed! The texture is medium-thick, white and small amount goes a long way.
It gives the exact hydration my skin needs and it contains chlorhexidine digluconate as antibacterial for my acne. It works like charm on chapped lips too!
Overall I very much recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2014 4:20:00 AM More reviews by littleantlers85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very sensitive, reactive skin that is prone to redness. I have been using this as my main moisturiser for over a week now. I've noticed:

- A great reduction in redness. Skin no longer looks at all red. I no longer wake up with red cheeks.
- Decrease in the visibility of fine lines, presumably down to the moisturising qualities of this balm.
- Skin looks even-toned, brighter and glowing.
- Skin no longer feels prickly or tight.
- Reduction in flaking from retin-A.

Overall, discovering this balm has been a breakthrough. Totally recommend.

(Post script: The only thing I would say is that it doesn't sit very nicely under make-up so I normally only use it at night and in the day when I don't intend on leaving the house).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 6:20:00 AM More reviews by tinybucket

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have just started using this a few weeks ago, it's absolutely beautiful for my sensitive, rosacea prone skin. Calms it right down and seems to protect and maybe even strengthen it (my skin is quite lovely and "resistant" after using this as my main moisturiser). I used to love Avene's Skin Recovery Creme but this might have taken it's place, as it's not sticky (my problem with Avene's cream). It also contains zinc and is targeted at keeping inflammation down. It works well as a day and night moisturiser (I use it on top of serums and the like). Because it contains zinc you can get slightly whitish bits that you can easily blend into your skin. I have used foundations on top with no problems. I found it for quite a reasonable price online and it comes in two different sizes. I already repurchased this because I feel like my first tube is running low already (but I have been slathering it on quite enthusiastically).