La Roche Posay CICAPLAST BAUME B5 (Multi-purpose/soothing repairing balm)

4.6

AQUA / WATER HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE DIMETHICONE GLYCERIN BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER / SHEA BUTTER PANTHENOL BUTYLENE GLYCOL ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE PROPANEDIOL CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE TRISTEARIN ZINC GLUCONATE MADECASSOSIDE MANGANESE GLUCONATE MAGNESIUM SULFATE DISODIUM EDTA COPPER GLUCONATE ACETYLATED GLYCOL STEARATE POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE SODIUM BENZOATE PHENOXYETHANOL CHLORHEXIDINE DIGLUCONATE CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE

on 7/18/2015 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

First off, hooray! It's finally available (easily) in the U.S.!

Second off, this stuff is great. This is an awesome, emergency skin saver. I vastly prefer it to the Avene salve, or any other drugstore brand heavy-duty salves I've ever used.

I first used it while traveling and my heels and feet were in absolute pain. Dry, cracked, bleeding. (This was before I had discovered the joys of Babyfoot.) Within a day of slathering this stuff on, my feet were comfortable again.

I've smeared this on burns, bites, dry skin, the like. I've had the same tube for a long time-- to my mind, this is something for occasional use, not for anything ongoing. And when I've needed it, it's always worked.

on 7/9/2015 4:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

when i first tried this cicaplast baume b5 on my face i thought it was very different from the original cicaplast. for one, the baume b5 has a thick white cream texture which leaves a whitecast on the face while the original has a clear gel-like texture. i much prefer the texture of the original but the new one performs just as good, although not suitable for morning use or for use under makeup. it's only been a few days since i started using it and i've yet to see any improvement in my skin. will update in a month or so.

on 6/23/2015 5:06:00 PM

After reading some reviews I bought this thinking that it would be good for when my skin is acting up. When I got an itchy rash near my mouth (probably from being allergic to something) I tried using it. It didn't soothe the itching or help the rash at all, and it also balled up on my skin. I tried using it several more times but gave up and used my regular moisturizer after that. More recently I tried to use this again for an itchy bug bite on my hand but again, this didn't do anything for the itching at all. I wouldn't buy again.

on 6/23/2015 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Great for extra moisture. Very nourishing and repairing.

on 5/30/2015 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is fantastic!

I had a contact dermatitis in both cheeks (very red, itchy and burning skin) due to using a new cleanser from Essence: My Skin Mattifying Cleansing Gel. I was desperate, I had never experienced such a allergic reaction, but the Cicaplast baume saved me! I applied this the same day that the rash appears, in a couple of hours it calmed down the eritema and the burning sensation, it was really amazing.

I have sensitive combination acne prone skin, I put a thick layer in the night and did not break me out, wich is a huge point for me. The next morning my skin was almost normal, great! Also, is very affordable for being a La Roche Posay product and the packaging is practical, hygienic and sleek.

Now that my skin has returned to normal I use it some nights when I feel my skin more on the dry side and/or my cheeks are more red than the usual. The next morning my skin is hydrated and soothed.

I will repurchase for sure!

on 5/16/2015 2:13:00 PM

This is amazing for sensitive skin. I had horribly dry hands during winter and my skin was at the point of cracking from lack of moisture, ordinary hand creams did not help at all. I live in Scandinavia so wet and snowy cold weather was unavoidable. I went to the pharmacy because I knew I needed extra help and got recommended this product. After only a week my hands were completely normal again.
I was really amazed with how well it had worked and started applying it whenever I had a skin issue, as it is a multi purpose product. Not only did it nurse my hands back to health, it works for pimples, rosy cheeks, dry skin, scaring, sun burn. This is the answer. I sometimes use it under my day creme or smear it under my night creme as an extra treatment.

The packaging is very straight forward and simple, the tube is easy to squeeze and the product is easy to measure.
The cream has a good consistency, doesn't have any perfumed scents and smears easily.
Since it's a pharmacy product that actually works really well it's not particular expensive compared to other products, but it might be cheaper here in Europe than the U.S.
I'm on my second tube, and I will repurchase.

on 5/11/2015 3:17:00 AM

So disappointed! After breaking out in an awful red bumpy rash out of nowhere on my forehead I was eager to try this product after reading such good reviews about its effect on super sensitive and irritated skin. But on first application it just burned! So much that I had to wipe it off and quickly apply an alternative cream to the area to cool it. I persevered thinking it may require a few go's, but 5 applications later I need to cease using it. My forehead is even itchier and burns more, after using this cream. Don't know how this can receive such good reviews for being suitable for irritated skin as it's made mine worse. Very disappointed

on 5/2/2015 8:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a must! It is expensive but its amazing. Acne scars than last weeks disappear in 3 days. Totally love it

on 4/3/2015 10:43:00 AM

Amazing stuff! I've been using it for 3 days now and it has saved my skin. Red flaky patches and acne spots that just wouldn't heal properly for weeks and weeks are almost gone. Skin feels glowing and well moisturized.
I was weary first to use this all over my face as it seems quite thick, but my skin drinks it up and it doesn't cause breakouts at all. It reminds me a little of bepanthen healing salve that I used as a kid for cuts and abrasions and I think they share the ingredient panthenol, which is very beneficiary for healing and moisturizing.
It is quite thick but unlike a typical diaper rash cream for instance it doesn't have this white chalkiness. Also it is really good as a makeup base.

Highly recommended!

on 3/28/2015 7:44:00 PM

Amazing if your going through accutane treatment and have really dry skin! This helped me a lot!

Popular Treatments (Face)