November 28, 2014 | 886 users online

Palettes - NARS - Debbie Harry Eye And Cheek Palette

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Melikeymakeup

I was actually suprised to find how much I liked this palette! I had been sure it would not work on me - blue and purple sparkly eyeshadow? Glittery highlighter? I am 50 years old, after all. I just had to try it though because I love Debbie Harry.
Well, it actually looked very pretty on me! Two associates at Sephora told me so, and I liked it myself. I am glad that it doesn't have to look too vibrant. I do not think that every product needs to have a big "color payoff." Sometimes more subtle is better. You can apply this so it will either be subtle or bright, but either way these are very upbeat, fun colors.
I would recommend this palette. The colors are very feminine, and it would be great for party makeup!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2012 1:08:00 PM More reviews by rangers30

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this palette blindly. I am a big fan of NARS and have an admiration of Warhol and Debbie, so I thought, how could I go wrong?
The blush on the left is perfectly pigmented for my very fair skin, and suits my coloring. I would not recommend it though for anyone much darker than me. It lasted all through the day with minimal fading. The glitter didn't really translate to my face.
The highlighter doesn't look like much of anything on my complexion, other than a touch of glitter.
The purple shade has decent to bad pigmentation. It certainly shows up, but it takes some effort and a good primer. The turquoise shade is similar is pigmentation, although applied wet and layered it looked vibrant. There will be fallout with the glitter unfortunately.
The white shade is probably the worst of the lot, delivering a slight light wash of sparkle, while the black shade is the best. The black shade will definitely get a lot of use.
I used the little card NARS gave me in the palette to create the "Debbie Harry look" for a night out and it was a big hit. I'll definitely wear these shadows out again, although the blush will be the only color that sees the light of day. Overall, I probably would not purchase this palette again, but I am happy I have a cool (albeit expensive) new look to wear out at night.