October 1, 2014 | 1936 users online

Lipstick - Avon - Ultra Color Rich Brilliance Lipstick (All)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2013 7:53:00 AM More reviews by Odette7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have it in Crimson Twilight. I love this colour, it's a rich pink-red and it is very flattering to my skintone, and being a more pinky-red it doesn't make my yellowish teeth look awful, unlike most strong red lippies! The lipstick has a satin finish, not shiny, not matte, which I like, and a subtle shimmer which comes from some blue glitter flecks. I like the shimmer, it's barely there. The lipstick lasts reasonably well, a few hours without eating, and I get compliments when I wear it. One of my better lipstick choices lately!
Only criticism is that, like most Avon lipsticks, it's more sheer than one expects and an extra coat is needed for the full colour effect.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2012 12:54:00 PM More reviews by missvioletpurple

I have this in Sienna Sparkle. I like the red orange color on my naturally pigmented lips. Stays on for 3 hours or so and leaves a tint on the lips. What I don't like is the chunky bluish silver glitters that it has which I think gives that drying feeling on the lips.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Canadianpetite

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is for shades Crimson Twilight and Rouge Luxury - both reds.

Rouge Luxury is a brighter red with orange. It is bright and better suited for skintones NC15 and lighter. On my NC25-30, it is…not complimentary. Too loud. My wardrobe does not have too many peachy items (on purpose) so this lipstick would not get much wear even if I liked it. Very creamy on the lips though and could last many hours if no drinks over that time. No repurchase. Rating is 2/5 because it is a nice texture but colour is not good for me.

Crimson Twilight is better suited to me. Deeper red with hint of berries/wine. It does have some purple tones to it which makes the shade slightly warm. I prefer cooler tones but this lipstick could work. Very creamy on the lips. Not perfect but not loving it. I will finish this tube but no repurchase. Rating is 3/5 as texture is nice and colour is good but could find better. May try Amethyst Sunset and Brilliant Ruby.

Packaging on both look like drugstore lipstick. I guess they made it pink so it can be differentiated from their regular UCR.