November 24, 2014 | 945 users online

Hair Color - Clairol - Soy 4Plex Liquicolor professional hair color

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2013 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Glittersticks

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was a Second Nature girl and, like others, was told the soy line was comparable and should achieve the same results. Uh, WRONG!
My ends picked up the base color which was a pink and nothing on my roots. Needless to say, I'm very disappointed. I wont be using it ever again and would not recommend it to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I actually really like this. I have been using this for almost a year, going back using mostly the lightest golden blonde color and shifting to the neutral version after I noticed my roots started to become brassy. I used to use the Clairol nice n easy dye but it ruined my hair so when i switched to this it was much more gentle. I use it with 30vol developer and never have a problem. Every once in a while my head gets itchy after dying but its nothing a little oil treatment doesnt fix :)

I also like the way this grows out, I get a root line but its not as bad looking as Ive had with other hair dyes so I can go longer between dying which is awesome.

Im a natural dirty blonde.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by JenPhil1313

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Recently, I was due for a root touch up and discovered that my beloved hair color Clairol 2nd Nature had been discontinued and no longer available at my local beauty supply store. The Clairol website and the salepeople at the store recommended the Soy 4Plex liquid color as a replacement. I figured, oh well, I've had good luck with other Clairol hair products (and I just really needed to get something to do my roots anyway!) that I decided to give this a try. I mixed together equal parts 4A light ash brown and 3AA medium ultra cool ash brown and used 10 volume developer. Initially, as I was mixing up the color, the odor was almost overwhelmingly strong. But after a few minutes of mixing, the chemical smell lessened somewhat. I applied it as I normally do- to the roots first, left it on for about 35 minutes and then mixed what was left with conditioner and put on the rest of my hair for another 5 to 7. This didn't burn my scalp or cause any itching or irritation. This color seemed to take a little longer to rinse out than the Clairol 2nd Nature though. After a light shampoo and some heavy conditioning, my hair felt no better, no worse than before I colored. This did not leave my hair dry or tangled and did not cause any more hair loss than what is typical for me. It was a fairly uneventful retouch. The color did seem to come out a teeny bit lighter and a teeny bit redder compared to the results I used to get with the 2nd nature. I am content with the color, but I am curious to see how it fades and holds up over the next couple of weeks. I will update my review (either upgrade to 5 stars or downgrade) depending on how the color holds up or fades (or, God forbid, turns brassy) over the next few weeks. As of now, I am thinking I would most likely stick with this brand in the future. I may want to use the 4AA light ultra cool ash brown (as opposed to just the ash brown) if it gets brassy or want less red. But, as of now, I would say using this brand gave my very good results and a stress-free retouch experience.

UPDATE** Now that almost two weeks have gone by, I have to say that I am NOT impressed with this hair color and would not use it again. My hair seems to be very dry and I noticed I have experienced some breakage. My hair was in rather good condition before using this- now I need a lot of moisturizing products to make it look smooth and shiny. My hair looks a bit dry and has kind of a dyed look to it. The color also seems to have faded a bit and is showing a touch of brass. I am spoiled! I never had this issues with their Second Nature brand. Oh, how I wish they would bring that back! Internet searches of places selling that brand has brought up nada for my shade. I plan on doing at least one Aphogee 2 step protein treatments and then in a few weeks, I'll probably try Redken Shades EQ. Sucks that I am back to searching for a haircolor that works for me. :(