April 24, 2014 | 919 users online

Liquid - Origins - Plantscriptions

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by justelle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Great foundation. Believe it's best for those with normal/dry skin. Leaves skin with flawless natural look, and you can build on it. Love it, but it's $$$$ - have to get it on sale.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by poonammehta1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

They were giving out samples at Macys and I tried it on - I have a problematic and sensitive skin that breaks out with anything. This covered all my acne and blemishes in a natural way, gave me a very subtle glow and has not broken me out yet. The only complaint is it is very expensive for a small tube..but I like it so far. Being natural and anti aging is def a plus and no parabens in this one.

Edit (12/12/13): After running out of my sample which was given to me in a a little pot, I found that you have to use a lot of the foundation to get the coverage you need. It is still pretty good..but I did not realize the amount I was using when the brush swooped the product out of the sample pot...makes it too pricey for my liking..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

This product might work on many people but did not work for me. I used to love Reflection Perfection from Origins. Unfortunately, that foundation was discontinued many years ago. In search of something remotely close to RP, I tried this. First and foremost, if you have oily skin, like me, there is no way that any of the new age defying foundations can last on you. Having said that, the easy fix is to use a primer. I used my beloved primer and this lasted on my skin. The shades are either way too light or dark. Try looking at the foundation under the sun. Now comes the worst part: My oily skin became very dry and irritated. Under my eyes turned red and uncomfortably dry. I would not recommend this to people who have sensitive skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by misscynthia06

Was really excited to try this natural and cruelty free foundation, alas this was terribly disappointing.

First, it is marketed as "best for combination/dry skin", INCORRECT, this is an absolute terror on my combination skin, I have never broken out from any liquid foundation the way I did with this, it goes on thick and even but something in it just hates my skin. forehead, chin and cheeks were all sprouting pimples in ways I hadn't seen in years. I gave this a few more tries, just in case it was something else causing the irritation, nope it was this, without fail every time it caused a breakout, mixing it in with my other foundations or moisturizers did nothing to reduce the terror. So ladies with combination or anything but totally dry skin nothing-causes-acne skin, beware!

Second, this smells awful! Totally chemically, like sunscreen meets metal or plastic or something yucky. Very unpleasant, if you like nice scents, avoid this. If you like clean or simple scents, avoid this.

Finally, the formula is really unnatural. Everything from the way it glides on to the way it sits and blends, just nothing about it improved the way my skin looked. For a foundation this is not a useful product.

Very disappointing, would never buy again, would never recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2012 11:14:00 AM More reviews by amshafer

I have had the hardest time finding a liquid foundation that doesn't clog my pores AND has buildable medium-full coverage. This product is great for your skin and is the perfect foundation. It starts off looking slightly oily but don't worry- it turns into a nice matte finish once oxidized a little bit. I definitely recommend this to those with acne prone skin who need full coverage!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2012 12:42:00 AM More reviews by ccarlino

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Just purchased this foundaton after wearing it for one day. No oxidation, or shine. Does not settle into pores and sets to semi-matte natural appearance with medium coverage. Best to apply with foundation brush for even finish. After trying a myriad of foundation samples (Jane Irdale, Chanel, Dior, Clairins, Lancome, Shiseido (was ok), MUFE (was awful), and Hourglass (greasy) . . . . don't like the smell. Not sure about ingredients or irritation.

3/7/2013 - Update -- I am just getting around to this update -- I actually returned the Plantscriptions makeup as it was not long wearing and looked awful by the end of the day. I think the color was off too and it was greasy even for my dry mature skin.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2012 4:57:00 AM More reviews by glitteratti

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this foundation because it was advertised as having an anti-aging serum by Origins in it. Plus, it was for women with dry skin. I had the rep at the Origins counter match the right color for me. It is very moisturizing, color was correct for me, and it does as it says...which is leave my skin moisturized all day. Coverage is fair, but I don't need a lot of heavy coverage. It does require a bit of powder to offset the shine after application. But, this does last quite a while during the day. This is NOT for oily skin, ok? Dry skin only. It is very natural-looking and does not enhance any dry lines or wrinkles. I've never used an Origins foundation before, so I was pleased with this one.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No