July 23, 2014 | 2119 users online

Candles - Bath and Body Works - in general

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2014 8:09:00 PM More reviews by girlndocs

I'm a confirmed candle snob and never, ever did I think I would have anything nice to say about B&BW candles. My exposure was mainly to fruity sweet and bakery gourmand scents, which I dislike universally, and which the B&BW store at the mall near me always smells overwhelmingly like.

But I've been on a search for a grapefruit candle and heard enough about Pomelo Grapefruit that I wandered in to try one ... just in time for the big sale. I was really surprised how much I liked the Pomelo and went back for more but they were out (I could have got the 3-wick but honestly, I think it would have gassed us out of the house, that candle is STRONG). I ended up with a bag full of 4oz candles at $3 per pop: Limoncello, Lemon Mint Leaf, and Lilac Blossom. I don't think I would pay full price for any of them except maybe Pomelo but I think all of them were definitely worth the sale price.

The florals shocked me the most. I was down with the idea of cheap&cheerful, strong citrus scents for the kitchen but my bedroom is kind of a sacred shrine to Diptyque and Tatine. I really, really like the lilac candle though -- it might be too strong in an enclosed room but with the window open and the fan on I'd just be wasting expensive delicate scented candles anyway. I think I need to run back and grab another and maybe a honeysuckle.

EDIT I ended up scouring the B&BWs in my city down to literally the last Lilac Blossom. It's SO NICE for a fresh summer scent and smells so natural. I also grabbed a few Garden Party, and was also really impressed with that one: super light, green, natural fresh rose with other very light airy florals. I didn't care much for Honeysuckle Bouquet but I think that was an issue of individual taste because it didn't smell artificial or bad, just not for me. I'm completely sold on B&BW's florals, and will be checking them out from now on.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2014 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Sandy1213

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok they aren't the best out there but they are damn good!!!! Nothing is like my circle e candles but I use the BBW ones for my rooms and bathrooms and they smell great. Some scents are over the top but all candles has weird obnoxious scents! Overall great candle and I would repurchase. The best thing about them is they don't create much soot obviously cause I never have a nasty black rim around my candle!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2014 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Icantrememberallmyaliases

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pineapple Mango: Smells just like the fruits, instead of perfume-y. I can almost "taste" the flavors. This candle smells like juicy sweet and tarty pineapple, mango, and a hint of creamy vanilla to soften the sharpness.

London Calling: Reminds me of the time I worked at Teavana! Smells like tea and lemon; like a very expensive, top-quality Earl Grey.

Tokyo Petals: This is what I was hoping Fresh's "Sake" perfume and bath products to smell like. BBW's "Tokyo Petals" smells like delicious, warm rice sake mixed with delicate cherry blossom petals. Unfortunately, there was still no throw even after three hours of burning, so back to the store it went.

American Boardwalk: Smells so festive and full of nostalgia! It reminds me of the times I went to the fair as a kid. "American Boardwalk" smells like delicious caramel popcorn (no cheap burnt note here) and vanilla ice-cream.
.......................................................................................................................................................

I have bought over 10 BBW candles, and only one has turned out to be a dud so far (no scent throw). Thus, I would give these candles in general two thumbs up, and will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by shi1

I bought two 3-wick candles from Bath and Body Works. I bought one holiday scent and the Lemon scent. The scents were ok. They didn't smell particularly strong, and not particularly refined. I've definitely smelled better. The packaging is also just ok. They came in plain glass jars and lids and the label of the scent. Aesthetically, there are nicer jars out there. One thing I found was that they burned away quite quickly. They burned evenly which was nice, but after one burn, you'll see a lot of wax has melted away. Also, I'm not a big fan of the wicks. I'm no expert, but they don't seem to burn very clean and they tend to smoke quite a bit after you blow them out. Finally, the price. At full price, these are definitely duds. You can buy much better quality candles for that price. If you wait til they are sale, they are much cheaper, but still, I'm not convinced they're worth it. I think I'll keep looking for better quality candles.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMommyAmy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love these candles smell my whole downstairs up oh I love them!!!! Makeupmommyamy.blogspot.com

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I agree with the previous review. BBW candles are fantastic. They burn evenly and they are clean. The holiday line is great also. My favorites are Black Tie and Mint Chocolate. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2012 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Susan2148A

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love BBW candles. They burn evenly, cleanly and they burn completely up. I've never had a problem with uneven burning which can leave unused wax on one side of the jar. The one thing I do not like about them is having to go into BBW to get them. I appreciate their SAs' product knowledge and eagerness to help, but it can be over the top and annoying. I was in the store about 15 minutes yesterday to purchase a candle as a gift and one for myself, and I was approached seven times while I was in there. You can't look at something without an SA stopping to give you the low-down. Sometimes I just want to be left alone. But I love their candles and they're worth the annoyance.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2012 2:25:00 AM More reviews by adrianna511

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I think bath and body works candles don't last as long as some others (they burn more quickly) which is a little disappointing for the price. I buy them when they're on sale. They do have some really good scents, and most of them have good scent throws.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by ZebraPrints

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE LOVE LOVE! B&BW candles by Slatkin and co. And white barn. So, far I have a dozen of these candles in which Tis the season, and cinnamon sugared donut are by far my favorite. They leave my entire room smelling yummy.