November 24, 2014 | 1179 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo 24hr Cream Gel Shadow in Gold Shimmer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2013 2:26:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Another winner and cream shadow I love and can't get enough of. This brassy gold base with high gold shimmer is stunning on it's own or as a base. Texture is so creamy, smooth, blends easily, sets quickly, and does stay all day without budging or creasing. Also works great as an eyeliner too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2013 3:00:00 AM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My favorite shade of Maybelline's Color Tattoo line by far, but alas, it's LE! I own two pots and I already wish I had bought a few more, despite how long it takes to use up a full pot. This shade just works so well with my blue eyes and fair complexion. I can wear this color alone on my lid and instantly look polished and put together.. Maybelline has another gold shade as a part of its permanent range, as well as another new one they've released for spring, but neither are good substitutes. Gold Shimmer is much warmer, richer. It's brassy and brown in tone while Bold Gold is a truer gold and Gold Rush (the Spring '13 LE shade) is much more yellow.

Gold Shimmer has a great smooth, pigmented texture. It applies beautifully with a brush (I use Sephora's Cream shadow brush) or your fingers. Some shades of Color Tattoos can be a little tricky to apply, but not this one. I could apply it in the dark it's so reliably dense and creamy. It blends well and wears even better. I have moderately oily eyelids and this lasts at least a good 10-12 hours without creasing, even when worn on its own without a base.

If you run across this one and love gold shades, I definitely recommend it! At $7 retail, it's a steal.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by jodiebug22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this product. Stays put even in the humid climate I live in combined with my very oily skin. I purchased one to try and then ran out and scoured the shops (most of which had sold out) until I found more. I would love to see this in more colours too.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by horangi113

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I literally hunted for this color all over NYC before finally striking gold (pun intended) in the basement of a Duane Reade. I also bought Rich Mahogany and Barely Beige and wish Maybelline would introduce all these LE shades into the regular lineup.

Out of all the Fall 2012 Color Tattoos, this one was my absolute favorite. The reason I overlooked it the first time around is that I don't really care about gold eyeshadows, but when I started seeing the review swatches posted by beauty bloggers, I knew I had to find this beautiful metallic brown shade. I think a more suitable name would have been Antique Bronze rather than Gold Shimmer. The texture is ultra smooth and the color payoff is excellent on the first swipe. It is also buildable for added depth, and I love the little glass pot. I generally just use my finger to pat it and blend it on my eyelid.

Minus one lippie because they are limited edition!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by RoxxyG

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love these gel shadows and this colour is just beautiful. Glad I managed to get one as it is limited edition. Beautiful shade, creamy and long lasting.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 10:20:00 PM More reviews by hobosmiles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been a big fan of the Color Tattoos since they came out, and this is the best one yet! It applies like a dream, lasts all day, and blends easily. The shade is a deep green based gold- it's so beautiful! I wish it wasn't limited edition! ):

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

gold shimmer is a metallic,shimmery gold-green eye shadow. It goes verry nicely on the application,it stays on verry long! It goes well with:any neutral or green eye shadows. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 1:15:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

This is very flattering for blue eyes! I really wish this was not LE : ( The two reviewers below me have done a great job of describing the color. I wish it was Bold Gold that was LE and not this product, as I use this far more often.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Nikki16519

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

BCbabe is spot on with her description of this color. "Gleaming Brocade" would have been a perfect name for this shade. Antique-ey golden brown shimmer. This is a cream version of Urban Decay Smog eye shadow. It is so gorgeous. This applies wonderfully with a synthetic shader and my MAC 286 blends this wonderfully too. I have no problems with it going patchy or strange. No need for multiple layers to get an opaque laydown. It does not crease or fade even when worn on its own. I've been using it primarily as a base on my lids for a light dusting of medium warm neutrals- particularly L'Oreal Infallible in Amber Rush and UD Smog. I've been wearing it nonstop since I got it a month ago. My 1387669876 other shadow bases have been jealous. This was the real gem of this L.E. Maybelline release- sorry Barely Beige. Not many color cosmetic products get a month of commitment out of me, but Gold Shimmer and I are still going strong.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

This is part of the Fall 2012 collection, LE I believe and I picked it up in the US at RiteAid.
The name "Gold Shimmer" is a bit misleading. This is actually a rich antique bronzey gold with maybe a slight hint of green. When I look at it I think of a rich gleaming brocade. Very autumny! It's certainly deep enough to use as a crease colour and the staying power is amazing. I applied it with my finger but a synthetic brush would work too (I must try this as a liner!) Once it's on, it's set, won't smudge or smear, and it's there for the day, unlike the L'Oreal Infallible shadows which tend to fade on me. I must say these impress me, this being my first foray into the "24hr tattoo" territory and now I'd love to try more.
By the way, this is actually quite similar to the L'Oreal Infallible in Bronze Divine (I think it goes by another name in the US, Bronze Goddess?), but the Maybelline is a touch deeper, browner and with a hair less green... and lasts better too (on me anyways). I swatched both on the back of my had for this review for comparison and the L'Oreal faded away rather quickly but the Maybelline is still there, gleaming away. I need to go out and get more of these.