Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr Cream Gel Shadow in Gold Shimmer

4.8

on 3/3/2015 5:34:00 AM

Great product ! Definitely would buy again. Great with black eyeliner. :) Last for hours

on 1/3/2013 2:26:00 AM

Another winner and cream shadow I love and can't get enough of. This brassy gold base with high gold shimmer is stunning on it's own or as a base. Texture is so creamy, smooth, blends easily, sets quickly, and does stay all day without budging or creasing. Also works great as an eyeliner too.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

My favorite shade of Maybelline's Color Tattoo line by far, but alas, it's LE! I own two pots and I already wish I had bought a few more, despite how long it takes to use up a full pot. This shade just works so well with my blue eyes and fair complexion. I can wear this color alone on my lid and instantly look polished and put together.. Maybelline has another gold shade as a part of its permanent range, as well as another new one they've released for spring, but neither are good substitutes. Gold Shimmer is much warmer, richer. It's brassy and brown in tone while Bold Gold is a truer gold and Gold Rush (the Spring '13 LE shade) is much more yellow.

Gold Shimmer has a great smooth, pigmented texture. It applies beautifully with a brush (I use Sephora's Cream shadow brush) or your fingers. Some shades of Color Tattoos can be a little tricky to apply, but not this one. I could apply it in the dark it's so reliably dense and creamy. It blends well and wears even better. I have moderately oily eyelids and this lasts at least a good 10-12 hours without creasing, even when worn on its own without a base.

If you run across this one and love gold shades, I definitely recommend it! At $7 retail, it's a steal.

on 12/23/2012 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Love this product. Stays put even in the humid climate I live in combined with my very oily skin. I purchased one to try and then ran out and scoured the shops (most of which had sold out) until I found more. I would love to see this in more colours too.

on 12/23/2012 12:47:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I literally hunted for this color all over NYC before finally striking gold (pun intended) in the basement of a Duane Reade. I also bought Rich Mahogany and Barely Beige and wish Maybelline would introduce all these LE shades into the regular lineup.

Out of all the Fall 2012 Color Tattoos, this one was my absolute favorite. The reason I overlooked it the first time around is that I don't really care about gold eyeshadows, but when I started seeing the review swatches posted by beauty bloggers, I knew I had to find this beautiful metallic brown shade. I think a more suitable name would have been Antique Bronze rather than Gold Shimmer. The texture is ultra smooth and the color payoff is excellent on the first swipe. It is also buildable for added depth, and I love the little glass pot. I generally just use my finger to pat it and blend it on my eyelid.

Minus one lippie because they are limited edition!

on 11/26/2012 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Love these gel shadows and this colour is just beautiful. Glad I managed to get one as it is limited edition. Beautiful shade, creamy and long lasting.

on 11/1/2012 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I've been a big fan of the Color Tattoos since they came out, and this is the best one yet! It applies like a dream, lasts all day, and blends easily. The shade is a deep green based gold- it's so beautiful! I wish it wasn't limited edition! ):

on 10/18/2012 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

gold shimmer is a metallic,shimmery gold-green eye shadow. It goes verry nicely on the application,it stays on verry long! It goes well with:any neutral or green eye shadows. Love it!

on 10/16/2012 1:15:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

This is very flattering for blue eyes! I really wish this was not LE : ( The two reviewers below me have done a great job of describing the color. I wish it was Bold Gold that was LE and not this product, as I use this far more often.

on 10/7/2012 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

BCbabe is spot on with her description of this color. "Gleaming Brocade" would have been a perfect name for this shade. Antique-ey golden brown shimmer. This is a cream version of Urban Decay Smog eye shadow. It is so gorgeous. This applies wonderfully with a synthetic shader and my MAC 286 blends this wonderfully too. I have no problems with it going patchy or strange. No need for multiple layers to get an opaque laydown. It does not crease or fade even when worn on its own. I've been using it primarily as a base on my lids for a light dusting of medium warm neutrals- particularly L'Oreal Infallible in Amber Rush and UD Smog. I've been wearing it nonstop since I got it a month ago. My 1387669876 other shadow bases have been jealous. This was the real gem of this L.E. Maybelline release- sorry Barely Beige. Not many color cosmetic products get a month of commitment out of me, but Gold Shimmer and I are still going strong.