Wet 'n' Wild Megalast - Deadly Dose

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/29/2014 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Deadly Dose is a pretty antique looking gold that I picked up from a halloween display last year. This doesn't turn out as dark and antique gold looking on the nail as the bottle color suggests though. It dries to a regular looking gold finish. This is not quite what it appears to be as the formula on this is thin and it goes on sheer so I had to use 3 coats to build up to opacity. It does build up very nicely.The brush on this is a wider pro style brush that is great for painting thumbnails and middle fingers with ease but takes a bit of careful precison to paint a small pinky. I have a love/hate relationship with this brush because of that. The polish dried to a pretty satin looking finish and while it is a "metal" it isn't brushstrokey and does not show all nail imperfections. For that I love this polish. This is a really nice polish once you get past the sheerness on the first coat because when you see this you really expect it to be opaque and a good stamping polish and it isn't. I think this could double as a topper with a sheer wash of gold in one thin layer too. I really don't mind that this takes an extra coat of polish considering it is less than $2 and the end result on this is really nice. Isn't that what really counts in the end anyway? This looks great and wears well so I am happy with it.

on 10/5/2012 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

CVS is having a BOGOF sale on Wet N Wild this week, so I picked up several polishes since I had Extra Bucks and coupons to burn. This one is a slightly shimmery metallic gold. It's pretty but not unique. I needed two coats for opacity. The formula is smooth but the brush! ARGH! It's all curvy and squashed. I found it in its own separate display so I think it's LE but it doesn't say so on the bottle.

Popular Polishes