April 20, 2014 | 1618 users online

Styling Products - Alterna - 48 Hour Volume Spray

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by beckles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have incredibly fine, curly, shoulder length hair that is usually weighed down or becomes sticky or crunchy by products meant to add volume. This is the first product I've ever used that not only maintains the volume my limp hair so desperately lacks, but also retains the structure of my curls for days between shampoos. Usually after sleeping on my curls they become flat and ruined, but this keeps them plump and bouncy like no other product I've ever used. My routine includes washing my hair then applying a light leave-in conditioner and a curl defining gel-cream, after which I spray Bamboo Volume 48-Hour Sustainable Volume Spray throughout my hair and blow dry with a diffuser; I finish with a setting/holding styling mist. After trying product after product in search of obtaining the volume and curl definition I want, I've finally found the finishing touch to my hair routine that gets my curls how I want them to look! It may be pricey, but I think it's worth every penny.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by aizen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

it's didn't do anything with my hair.
my hair got just little volume for maybe about 2 hour.
it might be ( not sure) work with really thin hair type as it's so light.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2013 11:15:00 AM More reviews by TMWife

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have long (past shoulders) hair, which is layered. The texture of my hair is fine, but I have a lot of it. I bought this product based on the reviews in Style magazine - I am disappointed. I have tried it several times now and I found it left my hair difficult to brush when dry, and left it feeling dry and a similar feeling as if there was a supper strong mousse or hairspray in my hair. I didn't notice any boost in volume in the hair shaft or at the root. I had hoped for more - especially given the price....

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

I wish there was a "maybe" category for repurchase. Claims of increasing volume 105% are laughable. It's more like 15% which is ok I guess because the one thing I like about this product is that it is undetectable. I picked it up after In Style "reviewed" it as a superior product. I am not inclined to believe any review in magazines that have advertisers that they have to please and this just reinforces that. That is why I source Paula Begoun because she is independent of these influences. Unfortunately she doesn't review many hair care products.