July 31, 2014 | 1669 users online

Masks - Dermalogica - Skin Hydrating Masque

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 12:18:00 PM More reviews by gialastuin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm sorry Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant.. But, I like this better, a lot better. From the smell, I like it, it smells like herbs... It absorbed quickly in 10 minutes... A little bit oily feeling after rinsing it though. I'm on my BP regimen and to be honest, gentle cream exfoliant was PROBABLY the reason of my one or two pimples the very next day of application. So, I like this better since it doesn't damage my skin in any way. I also use Dermalogica active moist, special cleansing gel and the daily microfoliant (for traveling only).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 4:30:00 AM More reviews by MoaLoa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

+Love it! I sleep with this mask and wakes up with a moisturized and beautiful skin! :)
- Expensive

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Mihajla

The first time I tired this product was on a long distance flight with a total of 22 hours in the air. I have combination skin, and get really dry in areas on my skin when flying. I got a tester for this product, and decided to try it on the flight as I was gonna be sleeping and they told me it was transparent. So I got on the flight and removed my makeup and applied the cream all over my face. I was a little unsure if I should leave it on while I was sleeping, because in another review someone said that it would dry out your skin if left on for too long, whilst others have argued that they leave it on at night and get good results this way. I decided to leave it on as I don´t usually have problems with overall dryness. I was surprised how smooth the cream was, and I liked that it didn´t feel heavy on my skin. The fact that it is transparent makes it possible to not look silly while sitting next to strangers on the plane (I fly long distance several times a year).

While having the mask on, I felt it was a protective barrier on my skin, and it felt amazing because I could really feel the hydrating effect in the mask. Since I dry out a lot on the plane, I could really feel the difference, and it felt amazing. When I woke up after 8 hours or so, I decided to wash it off because I was very curious how my skin would feel. I removed it with makeup wipes as this was the only thing I had at hand in my seat. I can honestly say that my skin was SO smooth and it really did what it is said to do, hydrate!! I put on a moisturiser and I couldn´t stop feeling my skin, because I have never tried a product that made my skin feel this way. Once I got off the flight and went into the city, the first thing I did was to purchase a full size of this product, and hope that it will continue to work well on my skin. I am optimistic, because if it can fight the cabin dryness, I am sure it will do well when my skin is more normal as well. It cost a little bit more than what I usually care to spend on any product, but I realise that I benefit from investing a little bit more in products that actually works. I bought this in Australia for AUD55. But when I come to think about it, it is not that expensive considering its recommended to use once or twice a week, so it will last for a while as to if it was for everyday use.

If you are unsure if to purchase this product, go ask for a couple of tester packs to try on, everyones skin is different, and I can tell by the reviews here on makeupalley that some are really happy with this product, while others do not like it at all. So to make sure you get something that is right for your skin, it´s better to try it out at first.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2012 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Laski

This mask is hydrating, like the name promises, but in my opinion, not intensely and longlastingly so. I put the gel on my face, it disappears within 10 minutes or so, even if i applied it generously, and when I wash it off, my skin longs for moisturizer. It doesnt feel calming or in any way special to me, to be worth the high price. For me, its just another average product. Wont buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2012 2:52:00 PM More reviews by n5357

I adore this product. Due to (I think) age and living aboard my combination oily skin has a tendency to become dehydrated. It's taken me too long to realise but through keeping my skin hydrated my skin texture, clarity, clearness all improves. The more I use products to keep oil at the bay, the worse my skin now becomes. Similarly I can't use products for dry skin as it causes the same problems such as spots, oil etc. This baby however really does help my skin. Dehydrated skin I'm told needs water not oil. This leaves my skin refreshed, hydrated for days, glowing, less lines, less spotty. For me it really works. I've lent it recently to 2 friends with similar issues and they all said the same, so much so they both stocked up on the product. I use this around my eyes with no problem. A tube lasts me literally months. It's been about 9 months of weekly use and my tube This is my favourite Dermalogica product and I've repurchased.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2012 5:29:00 AM More reviews by rakelpetersen

it pumps up my skin and makes my fine lines disapear in a few sec. it feels vey refreshing on the skin, but i think i would try another one next time. maybe i would come back and use it as a eyemask.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2012 6:29:00 AM More reviews by wonderbuy

For the price, this is just OK. I would expect this to be about $10-12 for what it does. Doesn't provide as much moisture as I would like and a sheet mask beats this any day. Its so expensive and i'm sure aloe vera gel would do similar. I prefer the boots moisture mask over this. This dries really quickly but if you leave it too long it will dehydrate you so you end up using more. This was over in months time so its far too expensive and ineffective for me.I like the fact that it was no fragrance and clear gel.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by zed4zorro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was recommended this as part of my facial regime with all my other dermalogica products and out of all them I found this to be the most mediocre of the range. It's an ok mask but I felt like it didn't do anything to my skin. I finished the tube and did not repurchase it. Instead I now use an Origin's mask from the Dr Weil range which is much more hydrating.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2012 1:47:00 AM More reviews by Mijung88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

My skin is super sensitive- if it becomes even slightly dry, i will break out (especially my cheek area). I've been using the dermalogica mask for the past 2 weeks with amazing results! I haven't had a spot yet! And i was likely to get at least a new one every week. If i feel that my skin is drier than usual, i will use it once in the morning and once at night. When i first applied it, i didn't like it because it felt like it was drying out my skin- until after 5 minutes when i washed it off- it felt amazing. I could go without moisurising my skin for 20 minutes and my skin would still feel hydrated and smooth! The next morning, my skin still feels wonderfully hydrated! I've been using Origins 10 minute drink up, Missha massage cream, Missha hydrating snail mask, aloe vera mask etc. and none of them were hydrating enough. I highly recommend the dermalogica mask for those with sensitive skin and skin that's prone to break outs!!! I've also developed a fine line under my eye and tried several eye creams to get rid of it- i followed the recommendations of some reviewers and applied it on my eye and the line is gradually disappearing!!!! This is now my HG hydrating mask!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 3:50:00 AM More reviews by Mathou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Really like this one. Sometimes I use it as an eye mask too which works great for me!

I normally apply a thin layer before night time and when I wake up I cleanse my face and apply moist. Skin looks really great!