December 18, 2014 | 1346 users online

Treatments (Face) - The Body Shop - Nutriganics Drops of Youth

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by leigharrison

Just purchased this product a few days ago after having had it suggested multiple times. SO far I am satisfied overall.
Background; fair, dry skin with slight redness on the cheeks.
When i first put it on I immediately felt my skin almost tighten up and it felt very fresh. I let it dry a while, and although it does feel a little sticky. once i applied my clique moisturizer over it felt great.
I applied this under makeup and it didn't not ball up.
In the few days I've been using this I think my skin has a brighter, less red and just overall nicer appearance.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2014 3:29:00 AM More reviews by KBaylie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This smells and feel like I'm putting Dep Hair Gel on my face. Broke me out into tiny bumps. I'm not a fan.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by cocoacloud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

The best thing about this product is of course, its ingredients. As 99% of its ingredients are natural, and 20% come from organic farming, you can be assured that this stuff won't be full of nasty chemicals. Marketing like this always gives me a peace of mind and I hate to admit that I'm susceptible to it....

Anyways! I purchased a bottle of this when it first came out and used it everyday until it ran out (about 2 months). Its directions recommend you using 2-3 drops of this serum prior to moisturizer/sunscreen and I find that I need around 3-4 drops instead for good coverage. The serum is a little sticky (it isn't runny like B5 serums) and gives your skin a very slight "plastic" sheen. It doesn't ball up under my makeup and I find that it does a decent job moisturizing. It's moisturizing abilities don't particularly stand out and I find that other moisture serums are just as good, if not better. It does an okay job at smoothing out skin. Another good thing was that it didn't break me out which is -always- a plus in my book.

The serum comes in a glass bottle with a screw top with a pump at the top, which allows you to easily (and hygienically) dispense the product. I'm not sure if this product is worth it's price but it's not definitely not bad, and I think I will repurchase again when TBS discounts it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by lnoon

I absolutely love this product! been using it for about 2 weeks now and have noticed a massive improvement in my skin! I have quite oily/combination skin which can be very spotty but now it is looking so much clearer!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by mistyxrose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first serum but I've been using The Body Shop products for a long time now. I was skeptical at first because my skin is pretty clear, but I'm glad I bought it and added it to my night time regime.

I think when people apply this product, they put too much. If your face starts feeling sticky or looks shiny, then you over-applied. After you wash your face and apply toner, all you need is a 2-3 drops, warm it up with your hands, and just pat it gently all over the face. Let it sit for a few minutes and then apply your night cream.

The effects of any product in the market take about a month because that's how long it takes for your skin to cycle. I've been using this for over 2 weeks and I've already received compliments on how much smoother my skin looks, and my boyfriend likes how soft its become.

It's $36 CAD for the small bottle and $50 for the bigger bottle, but most serums aren't cheap anyway. It's worth a try, and with the sales The Body Shop usually has, you get your money's worth for sure.

EDIT: It's been over a month now and my skin has only gotten better. It feels smoother and my overall complexion improved. I love this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by blackfish63

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have oily acne prone skin and I did not find that it helped at all with the acne as some other reviews said they did. It however leave my skin fresh and smooth to the touch - it is very light and absorbed well into my skin.

I will not be repurchasing it as I found out it has alcohol and that affects collagen negatively causing wrinkles with age ..

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 8:57:00 AM More reviews by Hambagyani

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am one of those people who get irritate/breakout my skin and always have at least one pimple on my skin. I just used this for a week and now my face getting smooth it works pretty well. Acne is finally under control and it does not iritate my combination skin. Definitely worth a try!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2014 6:39:00 AM More reviews by dora9213

i love this product. it makes my skin smooth and very easy to absorb. im kinda shocked by the low rate...i think it works well on me. btw im 22 yrs old and i think you have to choose a correct product to help yourself.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by KCucumber

I wish I had something good to say about this product because I usually love Body Shop products. Unfortunately I noticed no difference at all. No improvement in skin texture, no moisturising. Nada. After I put it on my skin feels really tight and looks like shiny plastic (not in a good way). I should note I do follow this with moisturiser, and still, nothing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I have been using this for awhile. Obviously I thought I would give it some time before reviewing. I have never used a serum or anything of the sort before. Here's my take.

My skin is dry, lately dull and for some reason I have darkness around my chin. My husband even mentioned how white my neck was compared to my chin/jaw area. Despite the fact that moisturize daily and exfoiliate daily it didn't seem to brighten me. So I bought the entire nutraganics line. What stands out to me in this line is this serum. After first application, after exfoiliating I applied this. I was fearful about this because I was worried it would be greasy and make me breakout, btw I was breaking out too. This was is super smooth and quickly absorbed. Some people say its sticky...I don't think so. You only need a little bit. I applied my night cream after and when I woke up in the morning thats when I noticed a difference.

My face was BRIGHTER! I mean, it was still dark around my chin but not nearly as bad. my skin was smooth. It looks awesome. most of the blemishes I had were nearly gone too. much to suprise to, after continous use it still held up to the claims, and my skin is soft and clear and glowy. I'm not exaggerating. This entire line is great. I apply serum at night only. I find thats all my skin needs. This has been a great experience for me. I can not believe how much better my make up applies. Good stuff in my opinion, you can get samples to so check it out, nothing to lose!