August 27, 2014 | 1781 users online

Treatments (Face) - The Body Shop - Nutriganics Drops of Youth

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by mistyxrose

This is my first serum but I've been using The Body Shop products for a long time now. I was skeptical at first because my skin is pretty clear, but I'm glad I bought it and added it to my night time regime.

I think when people apply this product, they put too much. If your face starts feeling sticky or looks shiny, then you over-applied. After you wash your face and apply toner, all you need is a 2-3 drops, warm it up with your hands, and just pat it gently all over the face. Let it sit for a few minutes and then apply your night cream.

The effects of any product in the market take about a month because that's how long it takes for your skin to cycle. I've been using this for over 2 weeks and I've already received compliments on how much smoother my skin looks, and my boyfriend likes how soft its become.

It's $36 CAD for the small bottle and $50 for the bigger bottle, but most serums aren't cheap anyway. It's worth a try, and with the sales The Body Shop usually has, you get your money's worth for sure.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by blackfish63

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have oily acne prone skin and I did not find that it helped at all with the acne as some other reviews said they did. It however leave my skin fresh and smooth to the touch - it is very light and absorbed well into my skin.

I will not be repurchasing it as I found out it has alcohol and that affects collagen negatively causing wrinkles with age ..

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 8:57:00 AM More reviews by Hambagyani

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am one of those people who get irritate/breakout my skin and always have at least one pimple on my skin. I just used this for a week and now my face getting smooth it works pretty well. Acne is finally under control and it does not iritate my combination skin. Definitely worth a try!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2014 6:39:00 AM More reviews by dora9213

i love this product. it makes my skin smooth and very easy to absorb. im kinda shocked by the low rate...i think it works well on me. btw im 22 yrs old and i think you have to choose a correct product to help yourself.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by KCucumber

I wish I had something good to say about this product because I usually love Body Shop products. Unfortunately I noticed no difference at all. No improvement in skin texture, no moisturising. Nada. After I put it on my skin feels really tight and looks like shiny plastic (not in a good way). I should note I do follow this with moisturiser, and still, nothing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I have been using this for awhile. Obviously I thought I would give it some time before reviewing. I have never used a serum or anything of the sort before. Here's my take.

My skin is dry, lately dull and for some reason I have darkness around my chin. My husband even mentioned how white my neck was compared to my chin/jaw area. Despite the fact that moisturize daily and exfoiliate daily it didn't seem to brighten me. So I bought the entire nutraganics line. What stands out to me in this line is this serum. After first application, after exfoiliating I applied this. I was fearful about this because I was worried it would be greasy and make me breakout, btw I was breaking out too. This was is super smooth and quickly absorbed. Some people say its sticky...I don't think so. You only need a little bit. I applied my night cream after and when I woke up in the morning thats when I noticed a difference.

My face was BRIGHTER! I mean, it was still dark around my chin but not nearly as bad. my skin was smooth. It looks awesome. most of the blemishes I had were nearly gone too. much to suprise to, after continous use it still held up to the claims, and my skin is soft and clear and glowy. I'm not exaggerating. This entire line is great. I apply serum at night only. I find thats all my skin needs. This has been a great experience for me. I can not believe how much better my make up applies. Good stuff in my opinion, you can get samples to so check it out, nothing to lose!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by duonglega

I just used this for 3 days and can clearly feel the smoothing and softening of my skin which is as it states on the bottle . I like how it go deep in my skin right away after i applied it

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by kaylynncr89

I'm very disappointed with this product. I like the nutriganics line, and have been wanting to buy this product for a while. I was given a sample to try at home. I have combination/dry skin. It left my skin feeling extremely dry and tight!!! I had to top it up with my Vivo Per Lei Vitamin C serum and moisturizer and could still feel the tightness underneath all of this. I think it may be because alcohol is one of the main ingredients in this product. I will not be purchasing this product in the future.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by CurlsAloud

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Absolute rubbish. When I opened the bottle the product had stuck the rubber stopper to the bottle, and I couldn't reseat it. When I applied the product to my skin it felt tight, sticky and itchy. This is going straight back, what a load of crap. Nil for packaging and nil for product. There are better natural products than this.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2013 10:23:00 AM More reviews by Laurelwood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Why oh why is the second ingredient alcohol denat? This would be the perfect serum without drying, irritating alcohols :(. I didn't realize this until after I purchased it. If you do a simple search of "alcohol denat. + collagen" you will see for yourself that it contributes to the early aging and wrinkling of the skin!

I find it quite ironic of the Body Shop to be putting this ingredient in their serum that claims to diminish early signs of aging. Perhaps what they meant was that will begin to give you early signs of aging so that you continue to purchase their products into your later years :(

Bottom line: The Body Shop: Please consider removing ALCOHOL DENAT. from this serum.. I will not repurchase until you do this.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No