July 29, 2014 | 1979 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Lashionista

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by Jadetive

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Although this mascara made my lashes very separated and long, it built ZERO volume for me and made my lashes look quite spidery. Worst of all, it irritated my eyes when I took this off.

I much prefer the volume and curl defining qualities of Volume Express. And the eye irritation was a dealbreaker for me. Will not re-use and definitely will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by thiirdtimesacharm

I absolutely love this product. To be honest, this is the only product I've purchased time after time. I am a mascara junkie and love to always switch and try other ones. I've never stuck to any mascara like I have with this one. I have tried going a month without it and used several different types and I couldn't go through with not using it any longer. So pretty much, it's become my HG mascara and a staple item in my makeup routine.

Pros/What I love about it:
*It never gets clumpy, no matter how many layers you put on.
*Really lengthening, because of the bits of fibre in it.
*Black, fans out your lashes.
*Very good mascara for everyday, very natural yet defining
*Can we just pause for a moment and admire the glorious bright hot pink packaging with a very clever name "Lashionista"?
*The mascara wand is thin enough that it doesn't really scrape against my eyelid and have mascara smearing on it

Con:
*It is not super volumizing or waterproof. It doesn't really bother me though.

~I honestly just put Max Factor False lash effect mascara in waterproof(very similar to Covergirl lash blast) for staying power in the rain/water/humid days and a bit of added volume on top.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by pslovetoshop

I am afraid - I am the odd one out here. It's not a "bad" mascara but its not something I would purchase again. Yes it is very natural and lengthens a little ( no volumizing properties). I definitely cannot use it alone and if I have to use two different lash products to get my desired effect - then I would rather use my Kate mascara base (at least that lengthens and volumizes well). Thumbs down for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 10:43:00 AM More reviews by PhilomenaY

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Because it is so thin, it looks super natural and no matter how many coats you apply, it will not clump and instead gives you a naturally long lash effect! Perfect for school and everyday. But it isn't waterproof so it might not hold the curl as much but I'm fine with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by asherzoby

The fibre adheres nicely to my eyelash and are removable with warm water. however, it does not give the va va voom effect to the eyelashes. needs a few coats to make it look more "mascaraed". not a bad product for the price though! it is about 18 SGD in Singapore. I am not sure if it causes my eyes to itch though when the fibres drop off. i realised with the new heroine make mascara that i use, it does not irritate my eyes as much. still hoping for my HD fibre mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by maryttan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked up this mascara in black because I liked the slim packaging and bright pink colour. I like it but it's still not my HG! I use this on my sparse, permed lashes only because the product doesn't hold curl on its own.

PROS :
- Doesn't clump, no matter how many layers you apply. You could just keep going on (though I usually stop at 2!)
- Visibly lengthens lashes and fans them out
- Love the curved, slim brush which really helps to get mascara on all the littlest lashes in the corners too, and boosts curl.
- Waterproof but also comes off in the shower with just water and no makeup remover needed.
- Overall effect is very natural and light, good everyday mascara.

CONS:
- When my lashes are not permed (I have naturally straight, droopy lashes), it doesn't hold the curl at all.
- The formula is quite light, so I really need to lay it on thick to see an effect.
- If I'm going for a dramatic look, I skip this altogether because it's just too light and natural and doesn't make enough of an impact.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by lteich

I'm blown away. Great deep black color. Gives great length and pretty good volume without any clumps. Makes me look like I'm wearing false lashes (the natural looking ones). Best drugstore mascara ever. Just wish they sold it in the US!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 5:40:00 AM More reviews by blackygreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

First, the packaging is pretty. It's HOT PINK and awesome.
This mascara is a fibre, lengthening mascara.
It is amazing because it can be used without an eyelash curler because of the curved applicator.
It also never smudges. I swear. No matter what I do, it will not come off. Unless I try to rub my eyes.
It doesn't clump either, just make sure that you don't have weird fibers sticking out in odd directions after applying the first coat.
But I must say that is is not volumizing at all.
So, use it with another mascara if you want volume. I use the VS triple drama mascara.
But overall, it's great! It gives a really natural lash look!
PS: it's also easy to remove. just rinse with warm water!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2012 8:40:00 AM More reviews by Haco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Lashionista is a film mascara from Maybelline, but it's sold only in Japan.(or Asia?)
This is created for Japanese eye lushes - that means it has slender brush.
I always use film type mascara. I used to love Fiberwig extra long from Dejavu, that made beautiful long lushes but that has a problem, which the fibers fall under my eyes and that looks dirty.
But it doesn't happen with lashionista, and lashionista makes long lush too, and yet it's cheaper than Fiberwig.
Fiberwig is more luster beautiful black, but for daily use, lashionista is better.
I wish they sell this in US or other countries too.