October 2, 2014 | 1743 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Color Stay Ultimate Suede Lipstick

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by misterandry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Horrible.

The colors are really gorgeous, but they apply ridiculously patchy, no matter how well I've exfoliated. If I have lip balm on my lips, it won't apply evenly, and if I don't, it will apply evenly until I purse my lips or talk, at which point it starts clumping. Worse, I found the texture to be tacky, it doesn't dry the way lipstick normally does.

I love Revlon's lip products usually, but these were very disappointing.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Angeni

just first off let me say if you like relvon ultimate stay liquid lip color you will like this, otherwise you probably won't like this lipstick. I did some research before buying cosmetics because I dislike when product does not live up to hype. I bought in color trendsetter, which is a very bright opaque red with pink undertones. I found that several claims from a beauty guru on YouTube was true about the color stay ultimate suede lipstick. After thirty minutes of applying this to clean dry lips it sets like second skin and becomes slightly tacky, not as bad as relvon ultimate stay liquid lipstick( that one your lips literally glued together if you press your lips together!). The second claim I found was true was it will stay on through a meal, if it is light and non-greasy, thirdly it will stay on while you sip on drink. What I found out was that it wears off kind of like outlast 24hrs by covergirl. What mean by that it wears off in center of your mouth, so that after awhile it looks like your wearing lip liner!This lip product is very drying; I do not suggest this lipstick if you have chronic dry lips. Overall I do like this product and would buy it again, because it last a good 4-5 hrs on me.
update: I've found that this stays tacky through out the day, if wears off you can't reapply it on the lip color remains on lips or it will ball up. This product needs clean dry lips to adhere to. How I keep this from going into fine lines in my lips is I use a lip plumper like too faced lip injection and let that plump my lips for awhile, then I completely wipe it off then apply this lipstick. I find that lip plumper plumps up the fine lines long enough that when this lipstick sets it won't go into the lines of my lips.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2014 2:06:00 AM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not the most comfortable lipstick I've ever worn, but I've kept these in my regular rotation since they first came out. They're the most reliably long wearing lipstick (not counting lip stains!) I've tried. On me, they wear a good 7-8 hours and look pretty fresh most of the work day even through light snacking and drinking through a straw. None of the shades I use (Supermodel- a dusty mauve, Muse- bright fuschia, and Backstage- a deep raspberry) gather in my lip lines at all, and the color fades pretty evenly.

The product goes on surprisingly smooth and creamy, feeling very plush and comfortable at first. Unfortunately, that only lasts for maybe 20 minutes before the texture of the lipstick completely changes. It dries out and becomes tacky to the touch in a pretty unpleasant way. It's not so bad that it's turned me off from using them, but this is definitely not a lipstick I reach for on days when my lips are parched. If dry lips are a chronic problem for you, skip this lipstick.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2014 3:56:00 AM More reviews by nini68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well, first of all, this is my first review as I usually just read reviews before bying some product. I had to log on just to write my opinion as reading this I could not stop wondering how is it possible that my niece and I think that this is the best lipstick product I ever purchased when used with one coat of labello clasic. I have very dry, very pale (they tend to be almost white), very sensitive lips. When I apply ths and one coat of labello I get the best MLBB feeling on my lips which last and last for hours without feeling to heavy or drying at all. Without labello it is drying a little bit after some time but I still find this product GREAT. Lips looks so natural!

UPDATE: I must admit that after some I used it every day for more then a month my lips started to be very dry. I've also noticed that if I put just a thin layer of colour on lips it looks good but more product on lips dries them very quickly. Unfortunately, I am not such a big fun anymore.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2014 12:41:00 AM More reviews by janelee123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the most horrible lipstick ever. Thousand times worse than Maybelline Baby Lips or the Revlon Just Bitten Balm Stains. I don't even understand how they could sell this when it's such a horrible product. I like the colors but it sucks because once you put in on, maybe 10 minutes later it just disappears, and only the creases on your lips retain color. It basically makes you look like you have a bunch of old coffee or ice cream stains on your mouth and is embarrassing. It makes your lips look very dry and as if you don't know how to apply lipstick correctly haha. Would definitely not recommend. You should try NYX matte lip creams or the Revlon Just Bitten Balm Stains. Those work well and last long without drying into the creases of your mouth!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2014 2:16:00 PM More reviews by sunshinemakesmehappy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ugh this is a very drying product. It does last a while and they have a nice color range, but it dries and makes your lips look dry... I've paired it with lip balm and it looks better but I wouldn't recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2014 11:27:00 PM More reviews by kittyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nope. As many other people have said, this lipstick goes on nicely but after a short time (about half an hour on me) it dries into the lines on your lips, making them look more obvious. Not a good look.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2014 8:37:00 AM More reviews by DanaCheryse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

No good! I tried it for the first time at home and loved it. I was going out shopping and wanted a nice light coverage lipstick. It started out great, looked nice but fast forward to 30 minutes later and I looked a mess! It was drying up and creasing in crazy places. It was so bad I had to take it off with a receipt I found in my purse. Will never repurchase and will throw out the 2 I bought.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by kristyb114

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Saw a swatch of this lipstick in socialite on Pinterest and went out to purchase it immediately. At first upon putting it on the product goes on smoothly and pretty evenly. It's a light moderate coverage. Not a super heavy lipstick. Initially I was like great! This will be my new every day work lip color.

Wait 20 mins and boy was I WRONG!

As it dries you can literally feel your lips getting tighter. It's so dry yet tacky. Went to look in the mirror and as I suspected my lips were full or crease lines. This product is absolute garbage. Tried it again with chapstick both underneath the product and over top and still the same results.

I know this is a cheaper lipstick but c'mon there are tons of great options in the drugstore. I can't believe Revlon decided to release this garbage.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I bought this lipstick in the shade Trendsetter because I had seen a lot of positive reviews on this particular shade on Youtube. I do think that this lipstick is long lasting and doesn't feel too drying on my lips but it goes on SO patchy! The shade is a really nice warm red but I could apply this to my lips with a million layers and it just never applies evenly. I didn't notice how patchy is was when I was initially applying it but when I went outside my boyfriend asked what was wrong with my lips and upon looking in the mirror in my phone I scrubbed it off right away. Really nasty lipsticks....wouldn't recommend this to anyone.