Revlon Color Stay Ultimate Suede Lipstick

2.7

Isohexadecane, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Isododecane, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butyrospermum Parkii, Pentaerythrityl tetraethylhexanoate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Parfum, Benzyl Benzoate, Palmitic Acid, Methicone, Benzoic Acid, BHT, limonene, silica, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides,Yellow 5 Al Lake, CI 15985, CI 15850, CI45380, CI 17200, CI 42090, CI 75470, CI 45370, CI 45410

on 3/11/2015 9:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Oh god, how do I begin? First, I would give this a zero rating if I could. This is, by far, the very worst lipstick I have ever had and I am not at all hard to please. I have a Laval lipstick that cost me 1 pound and I love that! This applies creamy, and after a few minutes it turns to a waxy, sticky, patchy, horrible consistency. It feels incredibly gross and sticky on the lips. If I rub my lips just a tiny bit together it turns to a patchy mess. The consistency seems that of an extremely old expired lipstick. Awful, awful, awful. I'm taking it back and I will insist I get it swiped for something else.

Edit: Ok, I changed my mind about this after I decided to make it work since I am a little embarrassed to take it back and I do like the shade (socialite) . I will still leave it a one rating tough since it pissed me off so bad in the beginning.
I was so confused how can this be so bad because I wasn't used to "long wearing" products.
This IS longwearing. How to make it work:
- exfoliate lips with wet cloth
- put a non-petrolatum lip balm or regular face moisturizer on the lips. If any excess lipbalm is on your lips, gently wipe it off . Your lips need to be moisturized but not have any excess product on .
- line your lips
- put this on generously layering it . after you applied the first layer like you normally do, apply another layer while holding your lips in "resting" position, like you aren't actually applying lipstick. this is to "fill" any wrinkles with product . I hope I made myself understood.
- let in dry without rubbing your lips together at all. Treat your lips like you have nail polish on them it that makes sense.
-if your lips still look wrinkly put a clear lipgloss over.

Yeah it's a lot of work and still think the product is rubbish but it can be made to work.

on 2/19/2015 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I'm a recent fan of Revlon products and wearing lipstick and fell inlove with Ultimate Suede after watching the Olivia Wilde ads. I got this in Muse which is a beautiful pink color. The packaging is sleek and clear plastic so you can see exactly what you're getting. It's not bulky so perfect for purses. It's easy to apply,glides smoothly and lives up to it's name,it feels moisturising and luxurious,like suede. However,after an hour or so, it got tacky and dried out. I even tried a gloss to keep it in place but when that wears out,the lipstick is very unsightly. Think I shall stick to Superlustrous lipstick.

on 2/8/2015 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm not sure why there's so many bad reviews....I have been on the lookout for a longwearing, transfer proof lip color for the longest time, because I am getting married in May. I want something transfer proof so I don't get it all over my husband, and long wearing because duh, I don't want to have to constantly reapply my lip color on my wedding day!! I have this in 4 different colors, ranging from a dark berry to pale pink, and they all are transfer proof for me!! No matter how many times I kiss my hand or my fiance, it does not leave a trace of color! It glides on the lips smoothly, and does not show every crack and line like most long wearing lipcolors do. It goes on smoothly at first, and then it will dry after a while, becoming transfer proof and pretty much stain like. You cant really rub your lips together easily, because it makes your lips slightly tacky, but I don't mind that because of how long wearing it is. I can eat and drink in this and nothing will rub off or fade, it looks the same! It's not moisturizing and somewhat drying but it does not flake off or peel or anything, and I don't mind the slight dryness of it because you can always apply lip balm/gloss over it. For how long wearing it is I will gladly take my lips being slightly dry! I've had this on for 8+ hours and not needed to reapply, I just love it! And the good thing about this is that when you DO reapply, it doesn't look gloopy or chunky or anything, like other long wearing lip stains can do (cough cough Rimmel Provocalips, Sephora Rouge Infusion Lip Stain...) it goes on perfectly like the first coat! There's no flavor or scent, and the color payoff is great. I'm so glad I have found my wedding lip color!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like it. It's nice and smooth. It can be drying, but with a nice lip balm, it's just wonderful.

on 2/4/2015 11:29:00 PM

My main problem is the container. I bought two lipsticks of different shades and within a week one of the containers had cracks in the cap, and it was not mistreated. Now the cap comes off in my handbag, so that's a bit of a disaster. Also the casing is just a little too long, so they don't fit in my lipstick holders (those colourful little Asian ones with a stud on the side and a little mirror inside) so now I have to carry the empty lipstick holders or a separate mirror. The lipstick itself is quite dry.

This is a little drugstore gem I found when I lost my good lipstick. I typically am not a fan of red lipstick because it tends to be too bright (kill me) or too dark to the point where I can't wear it on a day to day basis. I haven't found another lipstick, Chanel, or Mac or whatever that has this perfect of a shade. Also the price is definitely great. My only thing is that this lipstick is extremeellyy drying and during the winter my poor lips don't need that along with the harsh wind so EXFOLIATE EXFOLIATE EXFOLIATE. It stays on at full vibrancy for a good couple of hours but I like to reapply once a day just to be safe. You can't expect too much of the packaging because it is walgreens material and the plastic cap doesn't always stay on but it's bearable. Overall I will come back for more until I find something with this beautiful a shade and price.

on 2/1/2015 3:37:00 PM

I'm reviewing #055 "Iconic"
The good:
No discernible fragrance - I usually think of Revlon as highly stinky.
I like that you can put this on full strength and it doesn't look overly strong.
The formula is good for covering my uneven lip line without using a separate liner.
but...
I'm fair and yellow (NC 15) and this color is good but not great on me. The base color is a bright-ish neutral pink but the gold flecks push this too warm to be totally flattering on me.
The dealbreaker is the wear: after an hour (no eating or drinking) the color has gone patchy and my lips feel and look dry.
Also the glitter is too chunky for me - I prefer a finer shimmer.

on 1/31/2015 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

This lipstick is awful! I bought it for a dance I was in and it was so dry. Also, after about an hour it started flaking like crazy. Though the colors are pretty, the formula is horrible.

on 1/26/2015 8:52:00 AM

I got this in 30, a beautiful vivid pink that matches my favorite blush, Boots` No.7 Ballerina, spot on. I`ve tried every possible way to wear this lovely shade: with balm underneath, on top, with/without gloss, but either way it dried up my lips horribly, and this was in summer when the humidity where I live is like 80% (the laundry is never really dry, unless you use an electric dryer). Now it just sits uselessly in my drawer. The packaging is also less than impressive, no matter how careful I am, product somehow smears all over the cap.

on 1/11/2015 8:15:00 PM

I got this in fashionista. It's a nice tone down red ideal for daytime everyday wear. I love the color and that's about it. The texture nice when you first put it on and then it begins to suck out moisture from your lips every second after that. If I use a lip balm underneath, it doesn't stay put and kiss off on everything that touches your lips. I paid $10 for this at the drugstore and I am not going to buy again. It's quite expensive for being so comfortable to wear. Again, I love the color.

Popular Lipsticks