April 18, 2014 | 1847 users online

Hair Styling Tools - John Frieda - John Frieda Full Volume Hair Dryer

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Theycallmekathy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Cons - Noisy ! loud . Pros - Cause less damage on my hair ! I love blow drying my hair & I usually do it for half & hour & my hair doesn't go dry on me . I have pretty oily hair . The thing I hate about it is the sound ! It hurts my ears !

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2013 1:18:00 AM More reviews by Piggie8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was sooooooooo disappointed with this!!! I'm like, almost angry because of how disappointed I am.

My dryer went out one morning, so after work I went to Ulta. I spent literally over 2 hours debating on this one and a Hot Tools one. They have live demos there and my gut told me to go with the John Frida. I was also impressed because it was ceramic, tourmaline and ionic as well with an AC motor. I decided if I spent a little extra, I'd be getting extra.

The next morning, I took it out of it's box (which by the way, is a joke, it kept falling apart when I was trying to put it back together to take back), turned it on and it wasn't that hot as i remembered, but I didn't think too much about it because I've had ion dryers in the past that even though they weren't hot, dried a lot quicker than some others. But as I blew dry my hair, I was really getting irritated as how the air was coming out. The only way I can really describe it is if you went into a public restroom and you put your hands under the dryer things, it's a shot of air at like, full speed. It's like when you go outside and it's windy as heck, it left my hair so tangled, and I don't get bad tangles like some other women do. I also noticed how extremely heavy it was, which normally wouldn't bother me, but since I wasn't having a good experience, I was getting more irritated.

I tried again the next day and I felt the same way. I also tried blowdrying my hair at a slower speed which was just way too slow. I thought about waiting a few days when I really had time to shop around for a new one, but by the time my hair was finally done and after I got out all the snarls, I couldn't take it and took it back that night.

One thing that really bothered me is on the handle it said Con Air. Not dissing on the Con Air, they have some good products, but if I wanted to buy a Con Air, I would have paid $20 and gotten a Con Air.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by perfumefiend

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This hair dryer is pretty nice. I blowout my hair often so I need something that is not going to fry my hair. I have owned this dryer now for about two months. It comes with 3 detachable pieces. The pieces don't easily fall off which is good for me because I am always losing them. I have long hair that I don't like to spend all day drying and it dries pretty quick with this dryer. This dryer is smaller than my last one. It is a bit noisy though, I wish it was more quiet.
I would repurchase again and have replaced my old dryer with this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/2/2012 1:17:00 AM More reviews by bumblebee770

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one LOUD, heavy dryer. And the air blows with so much force it blows it right out of my round brush. I can see someone with long, very thick hair who just wants to get it dry liking this but it certainly was not for me.