September 2, 2014 | 1980 users online

Polishes - Estee Lauder - Pure Color Nail Lacquer in Smashed

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by seven12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this polish as part of an Estee Lauder GWP and I love the color, but I really dislike the formula. Mine was thick and unruly, the brush a bit splayed. I certainly wouldn't pay $20 for it when I could buy OPI for $8. However, I feel the same way about Chanel Blue Satin (thick, goopy, messy), which so many people love. I am on day two, and one nail is already badly chipped. So overall, I'd say this is a dud for me. The only positive is that despite being dark, you could almost get away with 1 coat. It did dry really quickly as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Nosage

EL's polishes are so sophisticated to look at which I suppose is indicative of the high price tag. Beautiful though the colour is in the bottle it is lost in translation on the nail. It is nowhere near as exciting. The understated red glitter particles are still there yet the overall effect is a bit flat and lacklustre. I am disappointed in this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 3:12:00 PM More reviews by Maurie97

I have to agree that Estee Lauder's Smashed is beautiful, besides the price. But I do believe at times you get what you pay for, though not always. The color is edgy and sophisticated at the same time. Perfect for someone in their teens or twenties right up to 50's. No...not 50 yet, but soon. Color is purple with cranberry tones and the glitter is there but not in your face as I am not a glitter girl. Bottle is sturdy and enough room for me to use as a stand for my finger. Would buy another EL polish in a heart beat. Cannot report on staying power just yet as I just did a manicure. Will report back on that aspect.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by koushi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a stunning dark purple with red undertones and delicate but still noticeable blue and purple shimmer. The formula goes on smooth and opaque in a single coat (if you like your coats thicker, but definitely opaque by the second coat), and dries quickly with a smooth, shiny texture. EL has brilliantly made your whole experience with this polish one of luxury, giving you an impeccable formula, pliable but not splay-y brush, and a solid bottle encased in thick glass. You can't go wrong with any of the elegant shades in the Metal Mania collection, honestly. The only problem I have with it is the steep $20 price.