July 28, 2014 | 2011 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Salon Manicure Cuticle Eraser + Balm

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2014 10:48:00 AM More reviews by briloveschocolatebunnies

This product looked really intriguing---it comes in a nice round little container and the balm itself consists of green and white swirls. I really wanted to like this balm, but overall I would say it is pretty mediocre. While it does moisturize, the color of the balm gives a grayish cast on the cuticles---even when rubbed in---that can make your nails look almost dirty. I also find it is not long lasting, although the quantity you get may last you quite a while even if you use it often. I do like the understated cucumber fragrance, and the convenience of the packaging though as you could really take it anywhere.

Bottom line, in my opinion, is it's an average product. Three lippies. There is probably something better out there, but for the price, it is decent.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2014 9:59:00 AM More reviews by Burma76

I'm in two minds over this one. On the plus side it does moisturise my cuticles well - and doesn't leave then feeling dry again in a few hours. It also smells lovely. But on the minus side - the attractive white and green swirl combines to a light green that actually looks grey when it collects near the cuticle. It's an ugly look. It works well for night time but I actually bought it to pop in my handbag because oils don't travel. I might have to try some Burts Bees instead. All up it works. But I won't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by sas1403

My search for a good cuticle oil/ balm/ cream ends here. I have dry cuticles, and the sides around my nails are always dry too, since I use acetone polish remover. This cuticle balm really moisturizes my nails well. After just a few days of usage, I could already see a change. Unlike most cuticle oils/ balms that I have used, my cuticles don't go back to being dry after a few hours of application of this balm. After a few days of usage, I no longer had dry cuticles, and the sides if nails weren't dry either. And yes, it does get rid of dry cuticles and hangnails. However, unlike the other reviews that I have read, this product doesn't give my nails a "dirty green look" after application. Guess it's probably cus I just take a small amount (aka gently sliding my finger across the balm's surface) for every application.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 10:52:00 AM More reviews by inkyblaine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

During my last manicure the manicurist actually said " so much cuticle" and it was like I never realized it. I have used Essie apricot oil but honestly its just ok.I have been using this balm for about 2 weeks and I have noticed a difference. I use it at night before bed and my cuticle area seems to look much better, and it has a nice smell.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Knitknitfrog

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Recently i've been 'collecting' cuticle treatments, removers, softeners, oils and cremes. This one caught my eye at the supermarket so i tossed it in the cart.
Things i like, or love, the smell - gorgeous melon fresh scent - really nice, and the texture, a thick cream that slips on nicely, slightly sticky but in a good way that stays put rather than slides around. The small flat pot is lovely, easy to open, and easy to access and very easy to slip into a handbag.
things I hate, I read on reviews that some people disliked the color, the swirl of green and white as when used it leaves nails looking dirty. I couldn't imagine how this would work but after using the creme a few times - i see what they mean, the green and white merge into a greyish white creme that sits next to my cuticles and looks dirty. ugh! 20 minutes later most of this has soaked into my nails and skin - but until then i look like my hands need a good scrub. Maybe i should put this on at night, just before sleeping so it will soak in overnight, but for the $ i think i get more from Lush Lemony flutter, its half the price and four times as much and doesn't leave my nails looking like i haven't washed recently.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by evapop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Why did you have to go with green for the swirl, Sally Hansen? This treatment softens, smooths and lasts. The texture is great and it works! BUT, my soft cuticles are left disgusting green grey. I have tried massaging for a couple of minutes, but still green grey. I won't go over a couple minutes cause come on, I work, I am married, I have kids, I have stuff to do!!!

In sum, I will use up when home or at night. But once gone, I won't repurchase. Will stick with oils and other clear balms. That is, until Sally realizes she is prettier in pink.

PROS:
- inexpensive
- highly moisturizing
- works on tough cuticles
- cute packaging
CONS:
- ugh with the green

We use stuff like this to look better, not worse. Change the swirl color!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by corrineinwa

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Although I love how this balm moisturized my cuticles, I have a real issue with the green pigment in the swirl. It makes my cuticles look grey and dirty!

I'll finish it up but it won't be my go-to at work.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by violetnights

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product really does what it says it will do. I get really excited when that happens! It softens and moisturizes your cuticles and they will look and feel better after one use. The balm is thick and sticky, it feels like a cross between hard wax, honey, and body butter. I actually like the green hue because it really motivates you to rub the balm into your cuticles until you get a clear color, thus improving results. Even if you really work it in, your fingertips will probably be sticky for a few minutes, just a warning but no biggie. Overall, I love this product and I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Lara_L

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this product- I have a terrible habit of chewing on my cuticles, but in a matter of days the balm has restored them to their former glory. Highly moisturizing and soothing, I also massage it into my nails to keep them strong and flexible. The only fault I had with this product, and I had to minus a lippie for it, is the colour- while the swirly white-and-green looks cute and retro in the packaging, it has a tendency to make my nail bed look dirty, especially so if it gets under my nails. Otherwise, top marks!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 5:48:00 AM More reviews by bonniherself

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have horrible cuticles. Always have. I've tried all kinds of things to sort them out, and picked this up to see if it would help, and it does. This has become part of my regular cuticle care routine, and I carry it with my in my bag for quick touch ups.

I remain unconvinced as to whether or not it's actually removing my tough, miserable, rough cuticles, but it really is a gorgeous, soothing balm with some sort of water-resistant waxy base that allows me to put my hands in water (briefly, anyway) while protecting my cuticles (I'm not talking washing the dishes, but rinsing out a cup is fine and the water visibly beads).

It smells lovely, it's pretty to look at, the compact is easy to use, and overall I just really like this stuff. Even if it's not removing my cuticles, it does feel wonderful and it smells nice, and I do sincerely believe it's helping to moisturise and soften them, and it definitely provides an immediate visual improvement, and it's actually matte, so you don't look like you're walking around with oily fingers!

Will most definitely be buying this again.

UPDATE: I've noticed that a couple of reviewers have trouble with the green pigments in this, which I find strange (although I do believe them, of course). I haven't had any such issue. Perhaps it's because I use this very sparingly? You only need a tiny bit to get the job done, and if you use too much, it can build up around your nails and look weird, something that can happen with any thick cream. This doesn't "melt" the way some cuticle creams do. It might also be the way I apply this,which is to get a little bit on my finger tip, and rub that finger against my thumb to soften the balm a little, and then rub that into the cuticle, rather than putting the balm on directly (which can, indeed, give a bit of a buildup along the edges if you're not careful).