E.L.F. E.L.F. Essential Lip Stain - Crimson Crush

2.9

The only things I like about this is the applicator. It is only really pigmented towards the back of my lips, it makes it look like I bit then and they're bleeding. On the rest of my lips, it looks really uneven. It'll be darker in some spots and lighter on others, no matter how many layers I apply. Mine hasn't dried out, like some of the complaints and I've had it for two months.

I love elf but this product is a disappointment. I bought it and tried it on it gave a little bit of color but the market was kinda dry and it was patchy and did not apply well so I took it off. An hour or two later a tried it again and it was completely dry and gave no color whatsoever and Yes the cap was on. Defiantly not trying this product again.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Overall, I liked this product. Gave my lips a small hint of color. The only thing is that after a month or two, it starts to STINK. Its awful. I would continue to buy this, if not for the smell after two months time.

I thought this was like a long lasting lip gloss. I was wrong.
On my lunch break, I saw it at 7-11 and decided to buy it w/ a couple of other Elf products.

When I got to work and opened it, I had to retrieve the package to read it completely. Because for a second there, I thought I made a mistake & purchased a marker.

At first, I was too leery to try this on my lips. So I tried it on my hand.
The color is a nice shade of pink. Feels a little dry, but a little creamy as well. Used my hand to take it off easily. Though you could still see it very slightly afterwards. A little soap & water takes it off completely.
I then tried it on my lips. I didn't like how it felt on my lips.
So yea, I will not be wearing this.
It's now in my pencil/pen/marker cup holder. It'll be used as a marker since it was only $2.

I really can't say I like this. It gives a nice deep color, and is good for making a gradient lip, but only if you're working on perfectly dry lips. This will not show up on moisturized lips! It's the same texture exactly as a crayola washable marker, so ask yourself whether you want to literally be coloring on your lips with a children's marker.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm sad to say that this is one of the only elf products I've used that I don't like. Ive owned three different shades of this product. They all have little to no product, and there is almost no pigmentation when there is product. I've also noticed that after a very short amount of time (around two weeks/ after 10 uses personally) they develop a very bad smell.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I hate it! I love love love ELF Products! I stare at their whole line every time I'm in Target. I saw this lip stain and decided to try it because i abhor lipstick! So I bought this....went to the car and tried it on......but the stain marker was DRY. I got a tidbit of color, even tried to mark it on my hand, paper, lips. I thought maybe the tip was bad (remember when you were younger and cut a small piece of the marker tip....didn't work) So i returned it and got another one thinking it was just a bad piece. #NOPE didn't work at all! I would not recommend!

Okay, after reading so many good reviews, I decided to go ahead and try this since it was only $2.

However, it has been terrible. Five minutes after I put it on it dried into the corners of my mouth and faded every where else.

I just threw it in the trash.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

These are nice stains. The colors are nice, there's no bad smell or anything like that. I have all the stains and the only one I don't care for is crimson red. It's nice but it doesn't look good on. It looks like you applied lipstick 4 hours ago and not in the good way. Also for any of these colors. Exfoliate well.

The others are beautiful though and make your lips look nice and fresh. I always put a clear balm over top. The packaging is nice, the applicator is precise and they stains dry quickly without bleeding. (Even crimson red) besides that, for the orice, I paid $2 you can't complain too much. Elf is one of my favorite lines. There isn't too much I don't like from this company.

After trying a previous ELF lip stain (nude nectar) and liking it, I took the plunge with this darker color since it was fall. I have light to olive skin, light eyes, and dark hair. The wearability of this cheap stain is awesome, it lasts long, is not sticky, and doesn't come off on things like my coffee cup. It looks great and I received compliments when I first began wearing it. For such a reasonable price it is totally worth it. The applicator is a bit pointy, but helps to "draw" the outer edges of my lips. For fuller coverage, I just apply it at an angle. Looks great layered with a gloss over it (I used one from selma hayek's nuance line). Recommended.