October 21, 2014 | 1512 users online

Lips - E.L.F. - E.L.F. Essential Lip Stain - Crimson Crush

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2014 12:42:00 PM More reviews by kendallr123

After trying a previous ELF lip stain (nude nectar) and liking it, I took the plunge with this darker color since it was fall. I have light to olive skin, light eyes, and dark hair. The wearability of this cheap stain is awesome, it lasts long, is not sticky, and doesn't come off on things like my coffee cup. It looks great and I received compliments when I first began wearing it. For such a reasonable price it is totally worth it. The applicator is a bit pointy, but helps to "draw" the outer edges of my lips. For fuller coverage, I just apply it at an angle. Looks great layered with a gloss over it (I used one from selma hayek's nuance line). Recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by Dragun

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have wanted to try this brand forever and my local Wal Mart finally got the display. I wanted to go nuts, but I settled for a $2 USD lip stain. Crimson Crush is certainly crimson! Its a bright, blue - based red that whitens teeth. I have lightly pigmented lips, and it took a bit of building on my lips to get the full saturation, but its a gorgeous red. I have other brands of lip stain and this one is as good as the $9 USD offerings.
One thing I really like about e.l.f.'s stain is that after it dries, I can put balm or gloss on top and the color doesn't bleed onto the balm or gloss. I hate that!!
It lasted really well drinking with a straw, but food sent it to the edges of my lips.
Overall, a very good start for me with this brand, I look forward to trying more from them!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2014 10:39:00 AM More reviews by jianing23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

really nice color and pigmented, slightly drying

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2013 5:09:00 AM More reviews by dumbdollyblonde

For a $2 stain I was very impressed. It held up longer than my Benetint, which I've always had a problem getting to stay for more than a couple of hours. The downside is that it has dried out some, and I have to work a little more for the same first-day results, but in the end I can't complain. Definitely a keeper.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by makeuplovuhhh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I feel like this product has the potential to be great however I just bought it and it is already dried out. And I had to work REALLY hard just to get mediocre coverage. I would definitely not recommend this product unless you have TINY lips

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by elledrose

I got this just to try it and it worked the first day but the next day it was already dried out! It barely gives any color, it mattifys your lips, makes them feel very dry and I just found mine today, I've had if for about 2 months and it smells horrible! Would not reccomend

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by theblondlife17

I am so shocked to see the positive reviews on this product! Maybe it's just me, but it didn't work out so good.

When I saw the packaging, it instantly screamed "Cheap." It is only $2, so that really wasn't a big deal to me. When putting it on, it took a while to reach it's full "richness" in color. After about 5 minutes of building this product up on my lips, I wasn't too disappointing with the color! It was actually quite lovely. But...after only a few minutes of wearing, it dried up my lips majorly and left me with "cracked" looking red lips.

Bummer!

-Mak

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by BeckyR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked up Crimson Crush and Nude Nectar at Target after my NYC lip stains ran out. The Crimson Crush builds to a nice color (NOT the case with Nude Nectar), but you have to really work to get the color. The stain lasts a fairly long time ~ 4 hours before you need to reapply. I like the felt tip pen-style packaging of the product, makes it very easy to line your lips and fill in the color. The only downside is that the stains tend to dry out your lips, but that's something I've noticed with most stains. Overall, I'd recommend Crimson Crush if you're looking for a nice, low priced stain.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by mailife4

LOVE this product! I was always a fan of the lip stains but I couldn't find a good color for a dark lips. I purchase this color at Target when it was release. The fine tip gives you the accuracy to create clean lines. The texture feels like a watercolor and dries instantly for a matte finish. However, it can be drying so moisturize the lips before application. The color is bold and the look lasts over 8 hours with little reapplying after meals or drinks. The only downside is that I'm not sure how much this product contains but I can feel the pen drying. Even after that, for $2 it's still a steal.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Monseter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Purchased this yesterday at target for 2 dollars and so far so good! It makes my lips nice and dark but at the same time it's not dramatic because it's really matte. It doesn't last forever so longevity isn't great BUT the pigmentation is amazing. Will most definitely purchase more colors in the future.