April 19, 2014 | 1674 users online

Polishes - Essence - Color and Go-Chic Reloaded

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2013 7:13:00 AM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my first Essence polish and I am so in love with it from the bottle to the formula to the color once it's dried. This is a gorgeous metallic charcoal duochrome polish with superfine shimmers. I bought this as it is a bottle dupe for OPI's Peace & Love & OPI. On the nail it isn't a dupe, but it is sooo darned close like Peace's big sister. They are almost twins though.This is a shade darker and more charcoal colored. It does have a slight purple cast and appears to be a duochrome too but it isn't quite as strong a shift as OPI's Peace. I actually like this Essence polish better. This has got more sparkle, more shimmer, the color is richer and more saturated and a stronger shade of gunmetal. If you have one you won't need the other, unless you are a polish hoarder like me. The cap is oval shaped and easy to hold and feels quite comfortable to work with. The brush on this is a nice wide professional type brush with a tapered tip. It is very similar to Wet n' Wild's professional brush which I love. The formula simply glides on and is nearly opaque in one coat. This goes on smoothly without streaking, running, or balding. I'm really loving the hidden sparkles in this. I love this polish so much that I already went back and got 2 more bottles for backup. I found this at HEB for less than $2. Yes, please!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 3:11:00 AM More reviews by imaunicorn

It's a lovely purple/green duochrome. Doesn't chip easily and gives color with one coat. It's one of my fav polishes ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2012 8:16:00 AM More reviews by Hoppla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very beautiful duochrome.
The base colour is grey which shifts from green to pink.
Very, very pretty. I absolutely love the colour, very elegant.

I needed 2-3 coats to.achieve opaqueness. It applied very well, dried quickly and lasted 4-5 days with top coat.

Love the new bottle.shape and the new brush, very easy to work with.

8ml for only 1.59.- I cannot believe the excellent quality of Essence polishes and their innovative colors.
I will definately buy more. Essence polishes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by MadchenRogue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

**this is a review I posted on my blog**

Chic Reloaded is one of those shades that kept calling me when I was at Ulta a few weeks back. Inside at the store you would have thought it was a basic charcoal black color. To my surprise it is a duo-chrome!The only thing disappointing are the photos. I tried so hard to capture the other shade it leans to (blackish green). I took so many photos and NONE of them could capture the green color it leans. It is a shame since all you see in the photo is the black, sorta purple-ish, semi-pink.
The nail polish itself is good. Taken a good 2 coats to reach full opacity. It is priced at 1.99 however because of my discount they deducted 47 cents. Not bad for a polish that costs virtually $1.52 The color is very pretty and unique. It was a great idea for me to follow my instinct and purchase the shade.

**The Positives**

2 coats to reach full opacity
unique color
affordable

**Negatives**

Availability

So is this shade worth the purchase? Absolutely!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by cleo777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous purple/green duochrome that I absolutely love! Looks so futuristic and "robot-y". Super cool. And super cheap. Can't go wrong for $1.99. Do it. Do it now.