November 22, 2014 | 1818 users online

Polishes - Essence - Color and Go-Chic Reloaded

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by ladylazarus

This oil-slick duochrome colour was huge last fall, and I'm looking forward to wearing Chic Reloaded again this fall! Chic Reloaded is a two-coater with a dramatic colour shift in the sun. Dry time and wear are both average. This polish, however, is anything but.

Essence has, regrettably, axed this excellent product in Europe, so make haste to Shoppers if you're in Canada!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2013 7:13:00 AM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my first Essence polish and I am so in love with it from the bottle to the formula to the color once it's dried. This is a gorgeous metallic charcoal duochrome polish with superfine shimmers. I bought this as it is a bottle dupe for OPI's Peace & Love & OPI. On the nail it isn't a dupe, but it is sooo darned close like Peace's big sister. They are almost twins though.This is a shade darker and more charcoal colored. It does have a slight purple cast and appears to be a duochrome too but it isn't quite as strong a shift as OPI's Peace. I actually like this Essence polish better. This has got more sparkle, more shimmer, the color is richer and more saturated and a stronger shade of gunmetal. If you have one you won't need the other, unless you are a polish hoarder like me. The cap is oval shaped and easy to hold and feels quite comfortable to work with. The brush on this is a nice wide professional type brush with a tapered tip. It is very similar to Wet n' Wild's professional brush which I love. The formula simply glides on and is nearly opaque in one coat. This goes on smoothly without streaking, running, or balding. I'm really loving the hidden sparkles in this. I love this polish so much that I already went back and got 2 more bottles for backup. I found this at HEB for less than $2. Yes, please!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 3:11:00 AM More reviews by imaunicorn

It's a lovely purple/green duochrome. Doesn't chip easily and gives color with one coat. It's one of my fav polishes ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2012 8:16:00 AM More reviews by Hoppla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very beautiful duochrome.
The base colour is grey which shifts from green to pink.
Very, very pretty. I absolutely love the colour, very elegant.

I needed 2-3 coats to.achieve opaqueness. It applied very well, dried quickly and lasted 4-5 days with top coat.

Love the new bottle.shape and the new brush, very easy to work with.

8ml for only 1.59.- I cannot believe the excellent quality of Essence polishes and their innovative colors.
I will definately buy more. Essence polishes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by MadchenRogue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

**this is a review I posted on my blog**

Chic Reloaded is one of those shades that kept calling me when I was at Ulta a few weeks back. Inside at the store you would have thought it was a basic charcoal black color. To my surprise it is a duo-chrome!The only thing disappointing are the photos. I tried so hard to capture the other shade it leans to (blackish green). I took so many photos and NONE of them could capture the green color it leans. It is a shame since all you see in the photo is the black, sorta purple-ish, semi-pink.
The nail polish itself is good. Taken a good 2 coats to reach full opacity. It is priced at 1.99 however because of my discount they deducted 47 cents. Not bad for a polish that costs virtually $1.52 The color is very pretty and unique. It was a great idea for me to follow my instinct and purchase the shade.

**The Positives**

2 coats to reach full opacity
unique color
affordable

**Negatives**

Availability

So is this shade worth the purchase? Absolutely!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by cleo777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous purple/green duochrome that I absolutely love! Looks so futuristic and "robot-y". Super cool. And super cheap. Can't go wrong for $1.99. Do it. Do it now.