Coola Moisturizing Face Sunscreen unscented spf 30

3.5

Active Ingredients: Octocrylene (Sunscreen) 8.0%, Octinoxate (Sunscreen) 7.5%, Oxybenzone (Sunscreen) 5.0%, Octisalate (Sunscreen) 2.0% Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Zinc Oxide (Sunblock), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Tapioca Starch, Sorbitan Stearate, Titanium Dioxide (Sunblock), Pogostemon Cablin (Patchouli) Leaf Extract, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Extract, Dog (Rosa Canina) Rose Hips, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (She a Butter) Fruit, Beeswax, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Flower Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange/Neroli) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A Palmitate), Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Juglans Regia (Walnut) Seed Extract

on 3/3/2015 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

**Thanks to the first reviewer for posting the ingredients, so I knew this review was for the correct one, and also what was in it. Also, it's no where near the same as the cucumber one so yes it matters what type you use, especially if you are sensitive to ingredients.**

I got this from a friend but I have to say, almost all sunscreens break me out, from either cyclo-siloxaines or glycols or something. I used this once after being extremely hesitant and I didn't break out. Usually by the afternoon I have a pimple forming. We'll see...and I will update, but this is huge for me so far. So if it holds up I'll plunk down for it. I just had to say that because I'm so shocked. I was looking at all kinds of cheaper brands and *maybe* a cheaper brand would work, but I haven't found it so far. And since this was 'free' for me, I gave it a try. I felt like my face was hot throughout the day, but when I came home I realized I was burned on my arms and neck but not where I applied it on my face, so I guess it does work. Will update.

on 6/22/2013 10:15:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I actually have this in the cucumber scent, but that's kind of an unnecessary detail - I believe the product is essentially the same. I got a sample of this in my Birchbox, and proceeded to steal my sister's sample as well before purchasing the full size. It works great, doesn't break me out and FEELS great on my skin because it is moisturizing. It sinks in really quickly so I can finish up my makeup without a fuss. On lazy days I even skip moisturizer and just use this, which is fairly unheard of for me because I tend to have pretty dry/dehydrated skin. I only wish it came in a higher SPF, but then again, products with high SPF tend to make me greasy so I guess this is just perfect for me.

on 6/1/2013 9:34:00 PM

At first, I loved this product. It smells wonderful and it felt very nice on my skin. However, it caused the worst breakout of my life that I am still dealing with 2 weeks later...after the second time I put this on, my face, chest and neck broke out in tiny under-the-skin bumps, white heads, and redness, itchyness, and my skin felt tight, and it all happened within the ~6 hours I had it on. I broke out in places I NEVER break out, and I am still getting random white-heads all over my face, and I had been break out free for months before I put this stuff on my face.

If it wasn't for the breakout I would love this product. I do NOT have sensitive skin/allergies, this was a first for me to ever break out like this from something.

on 10/1/2012 1:01:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

I absolutely love this sunscreen. It goes on like a light moisturizer, is not heavy, my skin feels moisturized (probably because of all the antioxidants) and it feels slightly cooling going on to my skin. I love the packaging as well- it comes in a nice, hygienic squeeze tube with a pump and is easy to take around for travel. One of the cons is the price, which is quite expensive $34 CAD from a local spa. The other major one is that some of the ingredients contain Vitamin A, which when laced with sunscreen can apparently speed the development of skin tumours when exposed to the sun according to recent research. I would definitely repurchase if they reformulated to not include any Vitamin A.
Edit: Just realized they reformulated this sunscreen.

Ingredients: