July 24, 2014 | 1003 users online

Makeup Brushes - Laura Mercier - Face Brush

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by wickedcoolmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i got this brush in a kit with their mineral powder. i find this brush a little too big and i dont like this brush at all. not even for what it was made for...mineral powder. the bristles are so prickly and rough. i have tried using it just to lightly dust look powder on my face...and i dont like the feeling of this brush touching my face so i stopped trying to make this work for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by LibertyRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use and love many LM brushes but this one is a dud. It is only noteworthy for its unique shape. Whereas most face brushes are either fluffy and pointy or dense and flat, this one falls in the middle. As the picture shows, it has an angled head with rounded edges. Compared to the pointy brushes, the side that touches your face is flatter, but it still has a circular shape so it applies differently from a flat, fan-shaped brush. I am not sure how beneficial this shape is, and the benefit of the doubt I was willing to give quickly dissipated after I saw how much shedding there was. According to the SA, this brush can be used to apply powder foundation, setting powder, and even blush, and I do use it to apply all three. However, there is not a day when this brush does not shed; I count at least three strands after each use. The shedding continues well into the second year of use. The two lippies are for its two virtues: the goat hair it is made of is soft, and the size makes it portable.