eos Lip Balm Sphere - Honeysuckle Honeydew

3.8

on 12/31/2014 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I LOVE this lip balm. It's really strange that I see a ton of reviews saying it's not moisturizing at all, yet Burt's Bees or Carmex/ Blistex are. For me, those balms always have so much menthol or other irritants that dry my lips like crazy and I end up reapplying in a vicious cycle, in an attempt for smooth lips -when it's the lip balm that's making lips even drier. Chapstick always felt like candle wax on my lips. As a result, I have only been a fan of higher end lip balms: Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment, Tokyo Milk Lip Elixirs, or Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask (the only drugstore lip balms I've liked are Blistex Five Star lip balm and Alba's Coconut Cream). I tried EOS after seeing my friend's daughters collecting them and raving about them. The ingredients are impressive, and actually moisturizing: shea butter, coconut oil, jojoba oil, vitamin E. The balm is silky smooth, goes on clear and isn't heavy on the lips at all. The moisture from these is freaking amazing, and when I apply at night, I wake up with the plumpest, smoothest lips I've ever experienced. This isn't a lip plumper, but for me it has that effect without any of the tingly irritation. I loved this so much that I bought the Blueberry Acai and Pomegranate Raspberry flavors too (although this one is my favorite :).

on 5/22/2014 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

The packaging is so cute but this balm doesn't moisturize my lips at all. It will do the job if my lips are okay but if they are severely dry I stick to blistex Dailey conditioning treatment or hemp lipz balm.

on 5/17/2014 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My favorite by far out of all the scents! Really moisturizing and smells great!

on 3/31/2014 1:10:00 PM

When I first came across this product I was dying to get one! So when I saw it I immediately purchased it with high expectations based on the many reviews and testimonials on beauty blogs. This flavor is nice, light and refreshing and it tastes okay too! The packaging is original and cute and I think I would re-purchase one based mainly on the packaging and the fact that it is organic and natural.

However, I find that I constantly need to reapply the product and after a week of using it I find that if I don't reapply it my lips get really dry. I also read some reviews that said the users' lips got dry too. I'm not sure if it's just this flavor that has this effect on my lips.

Would try other balms to find one that works for me, sorry eos. I really wanted to love you!!

on 3/15/2014 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I am a lip balm hoarder and I have honestly been in love with this lip balm ever since I first started using it. The little spherical shape is so cute and handy and I love this scent! The product glides on my lips and gives them a very moisturizing, almost buttery, feeling that is light but really hydrates my lips. Unlike other balms, eos doesn't have a strong smell, doesn't make my lips feel super chapped afterwards, and it also isn't too thick or sticky. So far it's lasted me over a year and I'm only about halfway through!

on 3/1/2014 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

First of all, the packaging is so cute! I just repurchased this. I had used it years ago, but my dog has this lovely habit of eating every EOS I get, so everytime one would get eaten I would but a different one. This one was the first one I ever tried. It's super moisturizing, smells amazing and really smells like a melon. It also tastes good! Love it, however the price is a little much.. That's really my only complaint.

on 2/25/2014 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love these lip balms. I have the Honeydew one on my desk at work for months now and reach for it several times a day and still haven't run out. It keeps my lips nice and moisturized, and I love the smell. I also love that I cut put it on in one swipe, because of the shape of it...no need to do top lip and then bottom lip. The packaging is what really draws you in, something about it, and I see other ladies agree with me...:) I really love these. Just ordered the lemon drop one and keep that one in my bag. Definitely a keeper and a repurchase.

on 2/19/2014 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I was attracted to the shape of the balm. I find the packaging really eye-catching, and the smell of each one is nice. The formulation is average, or worse than average. Sadly, I bought 3 different ones at the same time (I found them to be cute, though the package is bulky). The balm doesn't nourish or hydrate my lips, and leaves a really thin, watery film, that doesn't stay long on lips. If your lips are chopped, they'll say chopped. I use them only when I need to add moisture when my lips are dry (weather, after eating, kissing) or to add shine when using Illamasqua's lipstick or a lip liner as a lipstick. TBH, the balm isn't useful at all. I'll stick to Labello and Alverde. Not to mention the price.

on 2/19/2014 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Such a cute, tempting lip balm to buy, isn't it? I had to have it. I got the honeysuckle honeydew one because I like the smell of it. On to the actual review, it does a decent job moisturizing my lips. It half moisturizes and half stays on top of my lips. I do notice my lips are less cracked looking, so the balm is doing some work. I usually like to use the lip balm to give a glossy look to my lips when I'm going out. I would not buy it again, I'd rather get a balm that actually moisturizes.

I saw this bizarre little lip care sphere ball and only purchased it because it was so weird looking. I am happy to report that this product it actually pretty effective. My lips are so hydrating and this spells great.

Popular Lip Treatments