October 25, 2014 | 1031 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sephora - Pro Precision Blush Brush #73

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by moosey2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I recently purchased a highlighting powder (NARS Albatross), and went on a hunt for a brush that I can apply it with. A couple girls at Sephora suggested this brush. Was it cheap? No. It was around $30 but I got it anyway. I went home to try it out.. it wasn't picking up the product well and I was practically digging into the powder to get anything out. I went back to Sephora to return it... and I found out I was using it wrong! lol

Like a fool, I was dipping the pointed end into the powder. BIG MISTAKE! The brush is flat, and you dip one of the SIDES into the product. Holy cow... I barely tapped the side of the brush into the highlighter and it picked up soo much product! I couldn't believe it. Then I just sweeped it onto my cheekbones and it applied perfectly! So moral of the story... this brush is amazing, if you know how to use it lol.

It's very nice and soft, it hasn't really shed (maybe 1 or 2 hairs max?), and it comes with a little plastic cap so it's protected when you're on the go. One of the girls told me the pro brushes are made in the same factory where they make mac brushes... not sure how true that is, but I will say the bristles are very comparable to the ones on my MAC 109 brush!

So why did I take off a lippie? Well, the metal part of the brush wasn't secured properly to the wooden handle and it was wobbling. So I exchanged it for another one which doesn't have this problem. I realize that maybe the defect was a rare exception, but if you want me to pay $30+ for a brush, every one of them should be inspected and in perfect condition!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 11:56:00 AM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I have mixed feelings about this brush. On one hand, it picks up product like no other brush I've ever used. That is especially helpful when using drugstore blushes, which I find aren't as soft and easy to pickup as HE blushes. My problem with the brush is that it's very flat. It almost looks like those flat foundation brushes. I just found the brush a little too hard to work with, so I returned it. I think it could work really well for people who like to contour their cheeks, as this would fit nicely in the hollow of a check. Since I don't contour my cheeks, I didin't need the brush, especially for $32.