April 18, 2014 | 1209 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Daiso Sponge detergent

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 9:20:00 AM More reviews by TheHateress

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Epic, epic, epic brush cleanser! There's nothing to say other than buy it, because this works incredibly well. I thought I'd never get my Beauty Blenders clean/stain-free again, but after washing with this detergent, they are as good as new. Although it's worth mentioning, that the first few uses actually remove some of the pink dye from the BB. This works well on sponges and natural/synthetic brush fibers. It's also worth mentioning that this thoroughly cleanses, leaving no residue behind.

The bottle is plastic and dispenses the detergent from a flip top lid; it's not spectacular, but it is functional. The detergent itself is clear and has no scent. To clean, I wet my brush's bristles, put a small amount of detergent in the palm of my hand, swirl the bristles in it, then rinse and air dry. For my Beauty Blender, I wet it, pour a small amount of detergent on the soiled sponge, and squeeze several times until it rinses completely clean and the water is clear.

The BEST part about this detergent is that it cleans instantaneously in a literal fraction of the time that other cleansers take. The amount of time you save alone, makes this a worthwhile purchase.

I purchase this from vendors on eBay, and find that the price varies, but I have never paid more than $10.00 for the product and shipping.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 9:30:00 AM More reviews by kitchensink01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is amazing value. It quickly dissolves all the built up makeup from my synthetic brushes & sponge applicators. It is so scarily fantastic at its job that I also do a final clean with a very gentle facial cleanser to remove all traces of Daiso's cleanser from my brushes. Just in case I might rub the leftover residue on my skin... I don't use it on my expensive natural hair brushes because I'm too scared it might dry the hair out too much. Tempted though...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 9:04:00 PM More reviews by aquaryss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

OMG. WHY DOES THIS PRODUCT NOT HAVE HUNDREDS OF REVIEWS?

Everyone who uses makeup NEEDS this. You will save a TON of time and money. Have you ever taken your foundation brush to the sink and cleaned it, say, 10 times to get all the product out? How about the product that's simply stuck and won't get out. You know, the nitty gritty that's trapped in the bristles? All the way down?

This product is a miracle worker. You simply take a cup (use plastic), put a few drop of this, take your brush and swirl it around in there. Miraculously, you will see the product leave the brush in just 20 seconds or so. Keep swirling! Soon, you will see that ALL the product is gone from your brush and it basically looks flawlessly new! I was shocked when I tried it on my Sigma F80 and 82. It doesn't damage the brushes either, because I have noticed no change in softness or shedding with my brushes. If you're paranoid, use some brush shampoo/condition or something (bare minerals makes an excellent one).

When I first heard about this, I was very skeptical. Could it really be true? Can such a thing exist and work so perfectly? Yes!

Now, if you're like me and a major slacker when it comes to cleaning brushes, this cleaner will save even the most dirtiest, disgusting, lost-case brushes. And if you're not dirty like me, you still need this!

Don't think twice, just buy it, you will be glad you did. I need to get backups, because I am paranoid this will be discontinued or become hard to find.
Where to buy: I got it from ebay. Super cheap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 2:59:00 AM More reviews by tamedDOLL

This is AMAZING!! I've been using the Brush Guard's brush shampoo because i thought it would be really good but it sucks because I had to use a lot of it to clean one brush. I didn't have high hopes for the daiso but it is super cheap ($2 in store), so I picked up. I normally expect to wash my foundation brush at least twice, but this got the job one in just one! Also, a small amount is enough to cleanse a brush or sponge. Definitely will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 1:56:00 AM More reviews by crqrachel

I have tried a few makeup brush cleansers and this is by far the BEST and CHEAPEST of the lot! I have repurchased them soooo many times and I'm constantly stocking up on them. While the other makeup brush cleansers/shampoos do a decent job in cleaning my brushes, they do not really clean by beauty blender as well. Hence, I was quite tempted to get the beauty blender cleanser specially for my beauty blender, but I'm so glad I found this! This daiso brush cleanser removes all the foundation off my beauty blender and at such a cheap price too (Where I live, I can get this for $2).
If you are looking for a good makeup brush cleanser, just give this a shot! It really does it's job at removing all the products of your brushes, sponges and beauty blenders!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Fiammetta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff works. I had pretty much resigned myself to not expecting my synthetic foundation brushes (F80, Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, etc) to ever look totally clean again, but this detergent has made them look like new. Works great too for your 217, white blush brushes, and powder brushes. It's cheap, you need very little, and I'm contemplating a back-up already.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by missrachel2930

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been hearing this is the holy grail of all makeup brush/sponge cleaners for years, but I have just recently gotten around to trying it. And let me just tell you, it has lived up to the hype. This is the ONLY cleaner I have ever used that has gotten my beautyblender completely clean. All it takes is a quarter-sized amount in the palm of your hand and you rub it into the beautyblender similar to the instructions they give you with their cleaner, but you don't wet the sponge first. You will see the cleaner quickly turn the color of your foundation and then you rinse out the sponge and it's all clean again! The whole process takes under 2 minutes for me. And this stuff is cheap to boot! I found it for about $6 online. I highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this based on the reviews here and this is seriously awesome stuff. You only need the tiniest amount diluted in water and it gets brushes SUPER clean and soft! I do want to point out that this doesn't really get sudsy; it will when you first add water to it but the suds quickly dissipate. It obviously doesn't need the suds to work though, because it gets all my brushes amazingly clean, even removing all trace of stain from my white ones. It leaves no residue behind either like some soaps can. I got mine on eBay and it was about $6 shipped. Great stuff, highly recommend!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 9:50:00 AM More reviews by Freedom3033

This is a great cleaner. I used to use shu uemura, but this cleans my makeup tools better and faster. My sponges, my real techniques brushes all come out looking like brand new! Btw, I tried using this on my real hair shu blusher brush, and it made it quite dry. So this works better on synthetic hair brushes. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 8:05:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

I honestly say that this is the BEST brush cleaner I have ever used. Not only does it remove every scrap of blush, foundation, powder and eyes shadow from my brushes, it also sanitises them and restores my white make up brushes back to their pristine condition! I love the packaging Ė a sturdy plastic bottle with a secure flip-top lip. Iím very impressed also with the size of the dispensing hole, because it means I can control exactly how much product I want to be squeezed out.The actual formula of the detergent has a runny, gel-like consistency that spreads evenly. Now, to best utilise it for maximum effectiveness, it is best to dilute with water, as using it on itís own with the natural-haired brushes can cause the bristles to become dry and limp. So, what I do is pour a tiny amount of the detergent, we are talking less than a 10p sized amount here into a plastic bowl, and then fill up with water. I would say I use 10% detergent to 90% water. When you mix the two together, it becomes very foamy and even though I am loath to use this phrase, a little really does go a very long way!

The first time I used this on all of my brushes, I was absolutely astounded at not only how well it cleaned my Sigmax brushes, but also how well it managed to totally eradicate the staining on my white brushes, like the MAC 239, MAC 217 E35 and the Sigma F40! Not even the washing up liquid and olive oil method managed to get totally get rid of the staining so I was ecstatic! Before, I would spend around 20 minutes thoroughly deep cleaning each brush, and nowÖ 5-10 minutes max! Itís so easy to clean my brushes quickly with Daiso Ė I just pick up my dirty brush, dip it in the mixture, swirl it round a few times, rinse thoroughly with cold water, and thatís it. It is fantastic equally on both synthetic and natural bristled brushes.

I donít use the washing up liquid and olive oil method anymore, I use Daiso to clean all of my brushes now, and love how quick it is to clean every single brush! Thereís only two downsides; firstly, it cannot remove gel liner from eye brushes effectively, so if you do use gel liner you may not want to buy this, and secondly, it is not readily available to purchase in the UK Ė luckily it is available on eBay from Hong Kong. Alongside my brushes, I have also been using it to clean my Body Shop Facial Buffer and my shower puffs, and they look and feel so clean afterwards, so I can say that it is a very multi-purpose product! I really believe this is the brush cleaner to beat them all!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No