December 20, 2014 | 1490 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Daiso Sponge detergent

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by scriibblez

The BEST. I was not satisfied with my regular soaps, and was about to bite the bullet and buy Cinema Secrets' cleanser but the price was quite a bit to swallow for something I'd be using so frequently. I saw someone mention that this was the only thing that made cleaning Sigma's F80 brush and it was super cheap as well. I got a bottle from eBay for a hefty markup but still very affordable. It should last quite a long time because you don't need a lot. I use a plastic container, fill it up with enough water to cover up the ferrules, and squeeze a few drops in. I let my brushes just sit in the soapy water for a minute or two (yes I know this isn't really good for all of my brushes, especially since I mix my face and eye brushes of different heights together, but this is SO FAST) and quickly rinse them out. Voila they're super clean. Eye brushes are clean after that quick soak, and only liquid foundation and concealer brushes need a second quick scrub, but the whole process is relatively painless. HG I will stock up the next time I get to Vancouver or Asia.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by mibrola

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A MUST HAVE if you have a beauty blender or need to clean face-painting brushes - it will remove color smell and stains with a reasonable application - all other items recommended to me for brush cleaning have come up short and cost too much. This will not disappoint.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2014 10:52:00 PM More reviews by caitlinroseg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Best brush cleaner ever seriously. But omg. The daiso stores all within an hour of me NEVERRR have any stock. Soo annoying. So I have to resort to buying it on ebay for a 3 x price mark up and wait for it from Hong Kong ;( Anyway wow this will get everything out of your brushes. Especially good for heavy makeup stuck in your Sigma F80.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 7:09:00 AM More reviews by MonsterMeow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow~ this is wonderful!!! I have yet to try it on brushes but I use it on the beauty blender and it cleans the whole thing in just less than a few minutes~ so good!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2014 8:12:00 AM More reviews by Cherrybello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

Apparently this is one of the Daiso products everyone raves on about, but there hasn't been a Daiso store near me. When they opened in my area, I went straight there and bought this, and the charcoal face mask. This comes in a squeeze bottle with snap on lid, in a clear gel form. It is odourless, and seriously cleans like a gem. Just squeeze some on your used puffs/compact sponges, rub the sponge a little between your fingers so it absorbs the product, keep rubbing until the foam turns into the colour of your powder or foundation, then rinse it off. Tada~ good as new! Saves me so much time cleaning them now! At 2.80 per bottle, and made in Japan... I'd say you are silly if you still use anything else~! Go get one!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Nicola21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Great value, I got my bottle for 2 dollars. Gets even my brushes really clean and removes staining even on white foundation brushes, which in my experience some expensive brush cleansers haven't even been able to do. I also use it to clean powder puffs and my beauty blender and it works great for those as well. I like it so much I bought 2 backup bottles! You can't go wrong for the price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by ajax5455

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Fabulous stuff. I paid about $12 for it, but it just takes a couple of drops to clean my BB sponge. To clean my brushes, I put a drop or two into the palm of my hand and swirl the brush around. Daiso gets rid of the waxy gunk on my eye smudger brush. I had tried brush cleaner, shampoo, and Dr. Bronner, but Daiso is the only thing that got the brush clean. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by reverie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had never been able to get all the pigment out from my brushes before, no matter how many times I washed them. I thought that was normal until I read all the glowing reviews about this sponge detergent. For $2, there's really no excuse for not trying it.

So I bought it and the first thing I used it on was a brush I've had for 8 years. I washed it weekly, but it had always been stained. This detergent got rid of the stains in one wash. Took all my willpower not to bring out every brush I will never use again just to see the detergent work its magic.

The method of mixing the detergent with water in a container and swirling the brushes in it works well for removing powder products from your brushes. But it will not do much to remove cream or liquid products. Massaging one or two drops of the detergent directly into the bristles works much better. I use a conditioning baby shampoo on my brushes after this detergent, as I feel it can be a tad drying.

It feels fantastic to have truly clean brushes all the time now! This also works extremely well for puffs and sponges, which is its original indication.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 10:37:00 AM More reviews by jlxinle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I managed to get my hands on this sponge and puff detergent a few months back and was completely amazed by the wonder it does! It cleanses my sponges instantaneously and is good for my brushes too.

I was rather skeptical of what this product could do in the beginning as Daiso products only cost $2 and you wouldn't actually expect much out of it but this does magic! If you personally own the beauty blender, you would definitely know that its really tough to get rid of those stains but amazingly, this product made my beauty blender as good as new!

Runs out of stock in stores pretty quickly so its good if you grab some extras if you manage to find any in stores!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 9:20:00 AM More reviews by TheHateress

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Epic, epic, epic brush cleanser! There's nothing to say other than buy it, because this works incredibly well. I thought I'd never get my Beauty Blenders clean/stain-free again, but after washing with this detergent, they are as good as new. Although it's worth mentioning, that the first few uses actually remove some of the pink dye from the BB. This works well on sponges and natural/synthetic brush fibers. It's also worth mentioning that this thoroughly cleanses, leaving no residue behind.

The bottle is plastic and dispenses the detergent from a flip top lid; it's not spectacular, but it is functional. The detergent itself is clear and has no scent. To clean, I wet my brush's bristles, put a small amount of detergent in the palm of my hand, swirl the bristles in it, then rinse and air dry. For my Beauty Blender, I wet it, pour a small amount of detergent on the soiled sponge, and squeeze several times until it rinses completely clean and the water is clear.

The BEST part about this detergent is that it cleans instantaneously in a literal fraction of the time that other cleansers take. The amount of time you save alone, makes this a worthwhile purchase.

I purchase this from vendors on eBay, and find that the price varies, but I have never paid more than $10.00 for the product and shipping.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No