September 2, 2014 | 1309 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Daiso Sponge detergent

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 7:09:00 AM More reviews by MonsterMeow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow~ this is wonderful!!! I have yet to try it on brushes but I use it on the beauty blender and it cleans the whole thing in just less than a few minutes~ so good!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2014 8:12:00 AM More reviews by Cherrybello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

Apparently this is one of the Daiso products everyone raves on about, but there hasn't been a Daiso store near me. When they opened in my area, I went straight there and bought this, and the charcoal face mask. This comes in a squeeze bottle with snap on lid, in a clear gel form. It is odourless, and seriously cleans like a gem. Just squeeze some on your used puffs/compact sponges, rub the sponge a little between your fingers so it absorbs the product, keep rubbing until the foam turns into the colour of your powder or foundation, then rinse it off. Tada~ good as new! Saves me so much time cleaning them now! At 2.80 per bottle, and made in Japan... I'd say you are silly if you still use anything else~! Go get one!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Nicola21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Great value, I got my bottle for 2 dollars. Gets even my brushes really clean and removes staining even on white foundation brushes, which in my experience some expensive brush cleansers haven't even been able to do. I also use it to clean powder puffs and my beauty blender and it works great for those as well. I like it so much I bought 2 backup bottles! You can't go wrong for the price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by ajax5455

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Fabulous stuff. I paid about $12 for it, but it just takes a couple of drops to clean my BB sponge. To clean my brushes, I put a drop or two into the palm of my hand and swirl the brush around. Daiso gets rid of the waxy gunk on my eye smudger brush. I had tried brush cleaner, shampoo, and Dr. Bronner, but Daiso is the only thing that got the brush clean. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by reverie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had never been able to get all the pigment out from my brushes before, no matter how many times I washed them. I thought that was normal until I read all the glowing reviews about this sponge detergent. For $2, there's really no excuse for not trying it.

So I bought it and the first thing I used it on was a brush I've had for 8 years. I washed it weekly, but it had always been stained. This detergent got rid of the stains in one wash. Took all my willpower not to bring out every brush I will never use again just to see the detergent work its magic.

The method of mixing the detergent with water in a container and swirling the brushes in it works well for removing powder products from your brushes. But it will not do much to remove cream or liquid products. Massaging one or two drops of the detergent directly into the bristles works much better. I use a conditioning baby shampoo on my brushes after this detergent, as I feel it can be a tad drying.

It feels fantastic to have truly clean brushes all the time now! This also works extremely well for puffs and sponges, which is its original indication.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 10:37:00 AM More reviews by jlxinle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I managed to get my hands on this sponge and puff detergent a few months back and was completely amazed by the wonder it does! It cleanses my sponges instantaneously and is good for my brushes too.

I was rather skeptical of what this product could do in the beginning as Daiso products only cost $2 and you wouldn't actually expect much out of it but this does magic! If you personally own the beauty blender, you would definitely know that its really tough to get rid of those stains but amazingly, this product made my beauty blender as good as new!

Runs out of stock in stores pretty quickly so its good if you grab some extras if you manage to find any in stores!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 9:20:00 AM More reviews by TheHateress

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Epic, epic, epic brush cleanser! There's nothing to say other than buy it, because this works incredibly well. I thought I'd never get my Beauty Blenders clean/stain-free again, but after washing with this detergent, they are as good as new. Although it's worth mentioning, that the first few uses actually remove some of the pink dye from the BB. This works well on sponges and natural/synthetic brush fibers. It's also worth mentioning that this thoroughly cleanses, leaving no residue behind.

The bottle is plastic and dispenses the detergent from a flip top lid; it's not spectacular, but it is functional. The detergent itself is clear and has no scent. To clean, I wet my brush's bristles, put a small amount of detergent in the palm of my hand, swirl the bristles in it, then rinse and air dry. For my Beauty Blender, I wet it, pour a small amount of detergent on the soiled sponge, and squeeze several times until it rinses completely clean and the water is clear.

The BEST part about this detergent is that it cleans instantaneously in a literal fraction of the time that other cleansers take. The amount of time you save alone, makes this a worthwhile purchase.

I purchase this from vendors on eBay, and find that the price varies, but I have never paid more than $10.00 for the product and shipping.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 9:30:00 AM More reviews by kitchensink01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is amazing value. It quickly dissolves all the built up makeup from my synthetic brushes & sponge applicators. It is so scarily fantastic at its job that I also do a final clean with a very gentle facial cleanser to remove all traces of Daiso's cleanser from my brushes. Just in case I might rub the leftover residue on my skin... I don't use it on my expensive natural hair brushes because I'm too scared it might dry the hair out too much. Tempted though...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 9:04:00 PM More reviews by aquaryss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

OMG. WHY DOES THIS PRODUCT NOT HAVE HUNDREDS OF REVIEWS?

Everyone who uses makeup NEEDS this. You will save a TON of time and money. Have you ever taken your foundation brush to the sink and cleaned it, say, 10 times to get all the product out? How about the product that's simply stuck and won't get out. You know, the nitty gritty that's trapped in the bristles? All the way down?

This product is a miracle worker. You simply take a cup (use plastic), put a few drop of this, take your brush and swirl it around in there. Miraculously, you will see the product leave the brush in just 20 seconds or so. Keep swirling! Soon, you will see that ALL the product is gone from your brush and it basically looks flawlessly new! I was shocked when I tried it on my Sigma F80 and 82. It doesn't damage the brushes either, because I have noticed no change in softness or shedding with my brushes. If you're paranoid, use some brush shampoo/condition or something (bare minerals makes an excellent one).

When I first heard about this, I was very skeptical. Could it really be true? Can such a thing exist and work so perfectly? Yes!

Now, if you're like me and a major slacker when it comes to cleaning brushes, this cleaner will save even the most dirtiest, disgusting, lost-case brushes. And if you're not dirty like me, you still need this!

Don't think twice, just buy it, you will be glad you did. I need to get backups, because I am paranoid this will be discontinued or become hard to find.
Where to buy: I got it from ebay. Super cheap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 2:59:00 AM More reviews by tamedDOLL

This is AMAZING!! I've been using the Brush Guard's brush shampoo because i thought it would be really good but it sucks because I had to use a lot of it to clean one brush. I didn't have high hopes for the daiso but it is super cheap ($2 in store), so I picked up. I normally expect to wash my foundation brush at least twice, but this got the job one in just one! Also, a small amount is enough to cleanse a brush or sponge. Definitely will repurchase.