Daiso Sponge detergent

ETHYL ALCOHOL, GREEN TEA EXTRACT, PERSIMMON SEED EXTRACT

This is one of those Daiso products that I will probably own like 5 backups and still be buying it over and over again. It's THAT GOOD.

Since Daiso are open in US now, they're only $1.50 a pop (it's only 100yen in japan which is like .75-.80 cents actually but, well, you know markups) and lasts quite a long time even with frequent and generous use. I usually dribble this directly onto my sponge or brush, add a bit of liquid, swirl brush on my hand and then rinse. For larger brushes like powder brushes it might take a couple of washes, but even during the lathering process (swirling on my palm) you can see the product coming off. It rinses quite clean as well, no more washing and washing and washing and then that weird after layer (I've tried the dr. bronner magic soap or whatever, I really hated it!). After washing and drying, the bristles of my brushes are as soft as they were before, no buildup or left over on the brush, and as far as I can tell I didn't notice any splitting or damage to the natural hair brushes that I own.

that said, i did buy the Hakuhodo brush cleaner for my $$$$ hakuhodo brushes, but honestly i don't think the Daiso sponge cleanser is much worse (if any). I use the expensive stuff for expensive brushes more as a precaution than any real need.

This works fantastic for sponges as well (actually what this is for are for sponges, not brushes technically), it's quite clear how well it washes out. Doesn't matter if it's like the toughest waterproof makeup - this will cleanly and easily remove it. My sponges always come out like they're brand new out of the package.

This thing is magical. MAGICAL. BUY IT.

Works like a charm! It gets out everything and it's such great value for money, I've never been so pleased with a brush cleanser before! Just rub some product on your brush and rinse with water. Was only $2.80 at Daiso or ultimately could be purchased online

This WORKS.

I always use this to clean my loose powder puffs and it washes everything out absolutely brilliantly.

This stuff is AMAZING. Seriously, if you haven't, go buy this now.

I discovered this little bottle of awesomeness after having some foundation brushes badly stained by using Revlon Colorstay. Nothing would get rid of it so I was kind of accepting that the brushes would never be returned to their pristine shape again.

After a bit of research I found the glowing reviews of this detergent and ran to buy it on eBay, the only place where I could find it. I paid about 4€ which is fine with me. As soon as it arrived I went to grab my stained brushes to see what all the fuss was about.

I used it like I would my previous brush shampoos - wetting the brush and working a few drops directly into the bristles. Daiso's product is a bit more liquid that what I was used to, so beware of that if you don't want to spill a lot of product on your first try.

This took take of my stained brushes with hardly any effort. Where with other shampoos I tried and tried and still the stains were there, with this, the makeup just seemed to melt away from the brush. Seriously, I don't know what's in this stuff, but I couldn't quite believe how easy it was to remove those pesky stains.

Obviously I went to grab a couple of other brushes that needed cleaning. My two elf Powder brushes were also stained from being used so often. Once again, despite cleaning them religiously, nothing could take away all of the product until I got Daiso's detergent. I immediately went on eBay again to buy a bottle to have it stocked.

Some reviews I found mention the brushes getting a little bit stiff after using this but I did not experience the same. I actually think this left the bristles softer than they were before. However, I've only used this on synthetic brushes. Not sure how it would fare with natural hair.

Next time I plan to try mixing a few drops in water and swirling the brushes in it to see if it works just as well.

This is my holy grail! I have used this for years and it's so much better than all the expensive makeup brush cleaners out there. I'm so bummed that I have not been able to find it in stores for months now because it's out of stock. I resorted to buying an expensive cleaner today and it only removes 60% of my foundation stains. Would definitely suggest buying this in bulk as it's very popular and extremely cheap! My brushes and sponges look brand new after using this and I only need to use a minimal amount. One of the best products in the market and only $2!

This is so convenient and effective. I've about 7 bottles in stock at home. Just a few swishes and the makeup residue comes straight off the brushes! Definitely worth the price :)

The BEST. I was not satisfied with my regular soaps, and was about to bite the bullet and buy Cinema Secrets' cleanser but the price was quite a bit to swallow for something I'd be using so frequently. I saw someone mention that this was the only thing that made cleaning Sigma's F80 brush and it was super cheap as well. I got a bottle from eBay for a hefty markup but still very affordable. It should last quite a long time because you don't need a lot. I use a plastic container, fill it up with enough water to cover up the ferrules, and squeeze a few drops in. I let my brushes just sit in the soapy water for a minute or two (yes I know this isn't really good for all of my brushes, especially since I mix my face and eye brushes of different heights together, but this is SO FAST) and quickly rinse them out. Voila they're super clean. Eye brushes are clean after that quick soak, and only liquid foundation and concealer brushes need a second quick scrub, but the whole process is relatively painless. HG I will stock up the next time I get to Vancouver or Asia.

A MUST HAVE if you have a beauty blender or need to clean face-painting brushes - it will remove color smell and stains with a reasonable application - all other items recommended to me for brush cleaning have come up short and cost too much. This will not disappoint.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Best brush cleaner ever seriously. But omg. The daiso stores all within an hour of me NEVERRR have any stock. Soo annoying. So I have to resort to buying it on ebay for a 3 x price mark up and wait for it from Hong Kong ;( Anyway wow this will get everything out of your brushes. Especially good for heavy makeup stuck in your Sigma F80.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wow~ this is wonderful!!! I have yet to try it on brushes but I use it on the beauty blender and it cleans the whole thing in just less than a few minutes~ so good!!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools