October 30, 2014 | 1590 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous Power Collagen 24H

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by beautyflower

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok so I'm a really difficult person when it comes to mascaras... I have nearly 40, so... I have to say, I ADORE this! It's a fabulous mascara that totally lenghtens and thickens your lashes like crazy! Plus, something that doesn't happen often; it keeps the curl all day for my stubborn lashes. Some might find the brush to be sort of big, but I find it alright. It can clump up if you're not careful, but I don't mind if it gets a little clumpy.... not too much. As for the formula, it's not wet but not dry either. The brush is sort of flimsy but it stills can give great definition. Totally recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 2:12:00 AM More reviews by Pamxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ok so this mascara is perfection. I've been using this for a year or so and bought during that time PLENTY other mascaras. Simply because others' reviews made other brands appear like miracles and I just had to try. I've been disappointed by so many cheap, poorly made drugstore mascaras such as cover girl lashblast, and by high end ones that did nothing and are overrated. Most of them end up in my makeup storage but this is my THIRD one. And really, i'm not the type of person to buy the same thing twice.
This doesn't clump if you take your time to apply it well, it gives length and a lot of volume.
The wand is by far the best i've seen, i don't know why but it just really works for me.
I used to use only waterproof mascara because others would smudge. I took this one by accident and this DOESN'T SMUDGE! It's so easy to remove in a swipe of makeup remover but stays on all day.
+ The price is really ok for what you get!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2013 10:12:00 AM More reviews by Angelique79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just bought this yesterday, put it on this morning and:
I have length.
Checked package as I was sure I bought a volume boosting mascara. I dont need length, my lashes are already super long I just want them to appear thicker. Yep, package says the formula is supposed to provide "fuller looking plumped up lashes".
I have length.
And what lesson have I learned this day? Dont stray from the Original Voluminous formula you've been using forever, even if you cant, for some reason, find it in waterproof that day. Dang it.

**UPDATE** Ok, after playing with it, I have noticed the following:

1. First application: Wipe wand and apply. Lashes lengthen. Give a second to dry.
2. Second application: Do not wipe wand and apply. Lashes THICKEN.

OHHHHHHHH....wow okay, I love this stuff I look like I have false lashes on. Sorry L'Oreal, I should have been patient. My grade goes from 2 to 4, you lose a star because I had to figure this out over the course of a few days.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by shoewhore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to love the original L'Oreal Voluminous & then I started using Maybelline Full & Soft. But the past few months I've just been wanting to try different mascaras, see what's out there. I've been using the Maybelline for so long, I thought there might be something that has come out that I would like even better. So far, not the case. And this Voluminous Collagen has been a huge disappointment. It did add length but not so much on the volume. Pretty much on the clumpy side. And the worst part is that it left smudges under my eyes & even on my brow bone where my lashes touched. For me, that's the biggest offense for any mascara. Not a fan, would never repurchase, nor recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by MoodySunshine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Just so so. I've bought other l'oreal mascaras and I usually have really good luck with them, but I was quite disappointed with this one. It was a bit on the clumpy side and it didn't do any that special with my lashes as I hoped it would. Wouldn't buy this one again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by kategrey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my holy grail mascara for a long long long time until I found the 2000 calorie by max factor. It is an excellent mascara that volumises and thickens lashes. Is really does last 24 hours. Even when I cry it doesn't come off, however it is really easy to remove with just some warm water so you don't need to tug and pull and loose your lashes. Only flake a tiny tiny bit for me and the reason it isn't my hg any more is because i have gotten much more into length than volume recently. But anyway amazing mascara would recommend it to any one.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by jadeblu14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

One of my favorite drugstore mascaras, not my all time HG, but I was happy for the price and performance. It made my lashes full and voluminous. I got it for $3 something and figured it was worth a try. This gave a ton of volume without all the flaking and clumping I got from Maybelline Falsies.This wand is soft and the bristles are very close together. Just like with any new tube it will be wet on the first couple applications, but as air gets into the tube, it gets better. I find that after a week, my mascara is at its best. I hate hate hate getting it in my eyes and the burning (always seems to happen with cover girl for some reason) but this didn't do that. I do agree that you cannot "comb" through your lashes with this brush, so if you want major length and separation, don't get this one. It will plump them up and give some length and drama. I have medium length lashes and usually curl them before applying mascara. I do notice flaking once in a while at the end of the day, but you get that with the collagen mascaras. I still think it's worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by bek72

Flaky nightmare! Put it on at 10am and it flaked off onto my cheeks by 1pm. Will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 10:06:00 AM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm confused as to why this has such horrid reviews, though I am aware that mascara is one of those beauty products that is not one size/type fits all. But I positively adore this mascara. It is one of my drugstore faves. I've been using more and more drugstore makeup towards the end of 2012 and on into 2013. I have to say that I really do not miss my high end items and I can successfully remove them from my arsenal once they run out.

This mascara provides volume, length and seperation to my lashes. I have pretty good lashes to begin with and this mascara makes them stand out. The Very Black is indeed quite black and gives my lashes an inky darkness, this is not a matte/dry looking mascara finish. Will definitely repurchase again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 8:53:00 AM More reviews by BreaMarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this mascara. I used to use a much more expensive Estee Lauder one, but I find this works just as well with fewer clumps. I do put on quite a few coats, but I'm used to doing this with other mascaras. I get asked all the time if I'm wearing false lashes. I tried DiorShow mascara recently, and I think they perform very comparably.