November 27, 2014 | 1169 users online

Eye Shadow - Estee Lauder - Pure Color Eyeshadow - Wild Truffle

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Arabendurance

I have been looking for an eyeshadow that is good for the , "grunge look" under on and under the eye.... Think Burberry and Cara Delevingne. This is it. Perfect single.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by bijoux27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has been my HG eyebrow filler for a few years now. I have light brown eyebrows (see pic) that have no red in them (my hair is naturally an ashy brown) with hair that is fine, but neither very sparse nor thick. I also frequently dye my hair (anywhere from medium blonde to henna red to dark brown) and find that using this on my eyebrows never clashes with those hair colours.

This is a very ashy/cool toned matte taupe. Somewhere in between a brown and a grey. It's a very soft and easily blendable eyeshadow, great for creasework! It does not smudge and it lasts all day on me. Estee Lauder Pure Color eyeshadows are fragrance-free, opthamologist and dermatologist tested.

As for my eyebrow application, I use a cheap slanted eyeliner brush that is soft, not stiff, to pick up some product and I apply it mostly to the bottom middle areas of my eyebrows - because that is where a few sparse hairs are. I bring it out toward the end of my brows to form a point but I do so with increasing softness to keep it natural looking. If I want to go for a more bold look, I fill in my arch a little more. Rarely do i go near the inner ends of my brows as I find that it tends to look unnatural on me. I always use a light hand and go over the same area twice if it needs more fill.

Would I repurchase? Absolutely! I first received this as a mini GWP eyeshadow duo and repurchased when I finished the product about a year later. It was $24 CDN for 2.1g of product that will last me at LEAST 5 years if not more. The packaging itself is very classy and sturdy. In order to make sure I don't accidently crush the powder by dropping it around my makeup drawer, I keep the plastic cover in the case whenever it's not in use. I've thrown away the sponge applicator a long time ago.

This is one of the products I can ALWAYS count on to make me look my best and it's such a simple, easy part of my routine. :)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Meriel65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am surprised not to find a review for this item. I got this color in a swap some while ago and had to buy a full-sized eyeshadow. I had a coupon at Herberger's to get 15% off; this is one of the most expensive items I own but I think it is worth it because it is the best neutral/cool brown/taupe I've ever found, and because it will last a long time. I LOVE the Sally Girl eyeshadow single in Bark but it is discontinued and this is the closest I've ever come. Wild Truffle is a true matte, very soft and blendable, nicely pigmented. The compact is a little bit too glitzy for me; I'd rather have a more modest compact at a few dollars' less but oh well. The applicator sponge is fine, it's just that the handle is too short to be practical. I would call this a medium depth shade--not dark enough to act as an eyeliner, but good for the whole lid or in the crease if you are interested in more elaborate eye designs. I just love the color though: a brown with tones of gray, no warmth at all. I have the hardest time finding truly neutral or cool-toned browns. They always seem to have a touch of orange/red/yellow. It is absolutely perfect for my eyebrows as well. I am getting gray hairs in my brows--sigh--and this is so nice in my brows--not too dark, not too light and again, no trace of warmth. I hope they never discontinue this color. I visited the Bobbi Brown area once, knowing she had tons of natural browns and grays in matte finishes. The problem there was that so many colors looked the same to me or variations of the same color. It was so hard to find the right color, oddly enough. I got Birch, but that just wasn't right. I hope more people discover what a lovely brown this shade is.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No