August 21, 2014 | 1921 users online

Lip Treatments - MD Formulations - Lip Balm SPF20

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 7:34:00 AM More reviews by janeerackley

At last! A decent lip balm with spf!

I work outside in all weathers and a good quality, moisturing lip balm with spf is vital to me. I have been using Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour lip balm quite happily, other than it's so expensive. This is less than half the price and works equally well, if not better.

It goes on smoothly, has a light natural vanilla scent, is very moisturising and doesn't leave that wierd, white gummy residue in the corners of my mouth. It doesn't make my lips look strangely white, either, which a lot of spf products tend to do.

Top marks.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by tamilves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is the best lip balm I've ever used (but I need to say I didn't use many!).
Is comes in a nice stick format which you can twist with one hand - this is great when you are holding your stuff on the street and your lips are dry. It has some interesting ingredients, like Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tribehenin, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Oil. (yeah, I copied it from ingredients list!) Its smell is really subtle, of vanilla and mint.
I used to have a problem with permanently dry lips, notwithstanding the weather or the amout of water I drank. I found a solution on M.A.C.'s Lip contitioner on the pot format - which is SO unconvinient to apply! Also, it seemed to me to be basically petroleum jelly. I thought of trying the stick format but saw people saying - even here at MUA - it just wasn't as good.
I saw this md formulations lip balm on a sale and tried it. I was insecure because there are so little reviews of it! Well, it turned out to be even better than M.A.C.'s lip conditioner! It lasts a LOOONG time (I'd say 4 hours) on the lips even if you drink and eat (eating rubs it off a bit tho). It really conditions the lips and you can see an improvement. Also, it has SPF20 due to titanium dioxide! What else could a girl want? This is HG.