L'Oreal Effasol Color Remover

1.7

on 2/12/2015 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm just writing this review to warn everyone that Effasol has bleach in it and thus is not a damage-free color remover option. I don't think Loreal discloses this information properly so I figured it wouldn't hurt to warn y'all.

If you're looking for a damage free color remover, go with either Colorfix or Color Oops as they both use sulfur to shrink dye molecules (AKA get rid of them). Another option is the vitamin c dye removal method (note that it isn't as effective as Colorfix or Color Opps, but it's worth a shot). Both will dry out your hair because of the main ingredients - but that is TEMPORARY. Vs using a color remover with bleach in it...which will cause permanent damage because it messes with the structure of your hair.

on 7/28/2013 10:15:00 PM

I guess it does what it is supposed to do - remove color, except it bleaches the heck out of your roots and leaves ends flaming red, (I had black + disgusting copper brown) it was pretty scary but I guess if you are planning to re-dye it into darker color it is OK. It smells absolutely awful, very very strong ammonia smell, I started coughing and sneezing like mad, oh and it fried the life out of my naturally thin hair. I think I am going to go to salon next time lol

on 9/28/2012 11:18:00 PM

I've used a demi permanent color in dark brown that came out almost black and didn't like it at all. I tried many natural remedies to remove the color but all they did was to dry out my hair. Three months later without applying any color I had new hair growth showing and because decided to go back to my natural brown hair I bought this. Like it says on the package,I really tried to not touch the new natural hair but of course it did :(. The dark brown-black hair came out a medium-dark orange red and my natural hair was bright light orange-yellow. I mixed it with 20% developer and left it on for about an hour. Prior to the dark brown demi color I had some clear henna in my hair also and maybe that's why this product didn't do much for the dark area. Used a deep protein treatment the day before and another one the day after because got a little "gummy" after the process. At least didn't damage it very badly...