April 20, 2014 | 1199 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous in Smoky Rose

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by auburngal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

How did I not review this lipstick yet?

I love it. It's the perfect rose-nude color for me (NW15). Perfect for casual, perfect for work, perfect for interviews, perfect with a highly done eye. Just enough subtle shimmer to make it gleam. Creamy enough to apply well (I'm always wearing some lip balm), not so moist that it smears right off. I also expect to reapply after eating or over the course of a day. One lippie off because a color this gorgeous deserves a gorgeous case. Price is ultra-cheap. I usually pay around $5 for Revlon lipstitcks not on sale.

Did I mention how much I love this color? Which reminds me, I need to buy a few back-up tubes of it right away.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by reallyrita

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This lipstick color is "my lips but better." It is a dusky rose..not too pink but not too brown. Hard to describe, really, but if it works for you, it really works. I recently bought a back up and that is something I rarely do. I find that the Revlon lip products are every bit as good if not better than high end, high priced lines. I am, by the way, an NC20.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by kimk

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am surprised I haven't reviewed this yet, considering how long I've had it and how much I like it. This is a creamy, medium nude/rose shade. I don't find it drying, but it's not moisturizing; I'd call it neutral, and that's ok by me, since I find moisturizing lippies smear all over creation. This is a great shade for my nc25-30 skintone. I wear it all the time - I actually got mad this morning when I had to hunt for where I'd laid it down, becuase it's my go-to "business" lipstick, and I had "business" to attend to. :) It adds enough color to make me not look dead, but doesn't scream "LOOK AT THE LIPSTICK." I would absolutely buy this again, and again, and again. Hope Revlon doesn't change the color or it or the formula. The whole super lustrous line is pretty darned amazing, esp. for a drugstore line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 8:55:00 AM More reviews by MrMontyBurns

If I was forced to choose only one pink-ish lippie for the rest of my life (the horror!) this would be it, no questions asked. It's a beautiful warm pink shade with a just a little oomph but no glitter, very natural looking. Looks great with absolutely any color I'm wearing. Lasting power is average for a lipstick. Goes on smoothly and feels moisturizing. HG for me!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I hate this lipstick color. There is not hint of rose at all. It just looks like a grayish brown to me. I didn't find it flattering at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2012 1:07:00 AM More reviews by valerie12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am a NC45 skin tone and I really love this shade. I was looking for a nude colour that would suit my skin tone and I found it in the form of this lipstick.

The texture is also good, it does feel creamy and a tip if you wish to make it long lasting, simply apply your first coat of lipstick, blot it, dab a layer of powder and dab the lipstick again. You may repeat up to 3 times...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really liked this lipstick. Against my caramel brown skin and mauvey brown lips, this showed up as a lovely nudey pink. The formula is good, as with most of the SL lipsticks I've tried. I only returned it because it's too similar on me to Revlon SL in Mink, which I already own and is a touch browner than this. I'd buy it again with I finish Mink though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by chrisie

Yes! I would definitely buy "Smoky Rose" again.I always seem to pass this color up,when picking out another shade.When I intially unwrapped this,I was thinking "oh,no..color is so dark/brown",but to my pleasant surprise it was not how it looked on my lips,beautiful & much lighter shade of a nude-brownish-pink.Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Smoky rose is a medium brown-pink. It`s a satin formula. It last fairly long with a lip pencil.I like to pair this one with a nude lip gloss. It`s a verry nice autumn nude! Goes well with any neutral eyes or smokey eyes! Love it!