Revlon Super Lustrous in Smoky Rose

4.3

on 6/3/2015 8:00:00 PM

i love this shade of lipstick, natural-looking, very flattering, smooth, moisturizing, and very affordable.

on 1/23/2015 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This lipstick is of one of my all-time HGs :) I originally saw it years ago in my mother's makeup bag and thought it was too dark and brown in the tube (I was all about pale, glossy lips like MAC Prrr lipglass at the time). Fast forward to the present, when I gave this a whirl while on the hunt for more sophisticated colors than what I used to wear. Smoky Rose is a lovely dusky brownish rose with fine shimmer, with a creamy finish and terrific staying power. This is a natural but polished lip color that looks wonderful with many different eye and makeup looks. It pairs nicely with MAC Beurre cremestick lipliner or MAC Whirl, and as a side note, give this a shot if you are looking for an affordable version of the "Kylie Jenner" lip color.

on 12/21/2014 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my absolute favorite lipstick. It's my holy grail color. I am very very pale, so this is a little bolder on me. Any product that is named something like "dusty rose" or "dusky rose" almost always looks great on my skin tone, and this is no different.

It isn't super long-lasting, but it's lasting power is pretty good for such a glossy texture. It wears away evenly, so I don't have to worry about looking silly when I wear it for a long time. Some lipsticks come off in patches or unevenly, and it makes me really selfconscious, but this lipstick definitely doesn't do that.

It is very wearable for everyday use.

The formula is shiny. It has a sheen to it, but I DEFINITELY wouldn't call it shimmer or glitter. It is MUCH more subtle and natural looking.

I love this lipstick and I own two of them (one in my purse, one in my makeup collection) and I plan to keep wearing and repurchasing forever.

on 7/15/2014 4:44:00 AM

One of my favorite lip colors. I just repurchased this color. I have dark ash blonde hair and blue eyes. This is a really nice color. It adds a good amount of color to my face without being too dark and has just the slightest hint of shimmer so it is not frosty. It is appropriate for any occasion. Highly recommend Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks.

on 5/4/2014 7:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Honestly, I got really disappointed when I tried out this one. Revlon has amazing lip products, they're never a fail. However (in MY opinion), I think that this particular one is a let down. Not the lipstick line- just this one lipstick. I got really disappointed in this one because first of all when I swatched it while at was at the store, it was gorgeous and all that but when I tried it out at home, it just turned into some weird shit on my lips which I think is because of the lighting in the store (they always make things look pretty). Then usually a pearl finish is fun to work with but this one was just awful! It just makes your lips look like you have glitter clumps on your lips and it just isn't flattering at all and plus, you could also feel the glitter on your lips which is definitely something that you wouldn't want. The colour is nice, don't get me wrong- I mean that's why I bought it, HOWEVER it's got this slight orange undertone to it which is completely odd add as the colour of the lipstick wears of, the orangey tone stays and so does the glitter which is just disgusting. And this is under humid weather by the way.

on 3/12/2014 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

How did I not review this lipstick yet?

I love it. It's the perfect rose-nude color for me (NW15). Perfect for casual, perfect for work, perfect for interviews, perfect with a highly done eye. Just enough subtle shimmer to make it gleam. Creamy enough to apply well (I'm always wearing some lip balm), not so moist that it smears right off. I also expect to reapply after eating or over the course of a day. One lippie off because a color this gorgeous deserves a gorgeous case. Price is ultra-cheap. I usually pay around $5 for Revlon lipstitcks not on sale.

Did I mention how much I love this color? Which reminds me, I need to buy a few back-up tubes of it right away.

on 10/24/2013 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This lipstick color is "my lips but better." It is a dusky rose..not too pink but not too brown. Hard to describe, really, but if it works for you, it really works. I recently bought a back up and that is something I rarely do. I find that the Revlon lip products are every bit as good if not better than high end, high priced lines. I am, by the way, an NC20.

on 10/8/2013 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am surprised I haven't reviewed this yet, considering how long I've had it and how much I like it. This is a creamy, medium nude/rose shade. I don't find it drying, but it's not moisturizing; I'd call it neutral, and that's ok by me, since I find moisturizing lippies smear all over creation. This is a great shade for my nc25-30 skintone. I wear it all the time - I actually got mad this morning when I had to hunt for where I'd laid it down, becuase it's my go-to "business" lipstick, and I had "business" to attend to. :) It adds enough color to make me not look dead, but doesn't scream "LOOK AT THE LIPSTICK." I would absolutely buy this again, and again, and again. Hope Revlon doesn't change the color or it or the formula. The whole super lustrous line is pretty darned amazing, esp. for a drugstore line.

on 9/26/2013 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If I was forced to choose only one pink-ish lippie for the rest of my life (the horror!) this would be it, no questions asked. It's a beautiful warm pink shade with a just a little oomph but no glitter, very natural looking. Looks great with absolutely any color I'm wearing. Lasting power is average for a lipstick. Goes on smoothly and feels moisturizing. HG for me!

on 2/3/2013 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I hate this lipstick color. There is not hint of rose at all. It just looks like a grayish brown to me. I didn't find it flattering at all.

Popular Lipsticks