L'Oreal Colour Riche Caresse in Sunset Angora

4.4

This is the only coral lip product I own, but it's absolutely lovely!
I own three of the Colour Riche Caresses, and I love all three, but Sunset Angora is definitely one of the more unique ones. The color is not orangey enough to create a the impression of tangerines on your mouth, but it is instead a very sheer red-orange hue. In my opinion, the title of this entire lipstick line is uncannily accurate; the gentleness of the color actually makes it incredibly wearable and gives an attractive softness to the look. Some coral lipsticks look simply cartoonish because of the obvious "dry lipstick" look, but Sunset Angora's sheer, soft texture gives a natural, full, and effortless effect. It's very, very flattering.
As aforementioned, the texture is sheer, and it is also very buttery and quite willing to yield when applied. It takes you several coats to build a full color, and- note- the color fully builds after you reapply it several times to dried layers of lipstick. It sounds so weirdly worded, I know, but it actually works if your goal is a noticeable coral tint on your lips.
Its staying power is its one real drawback, however. As with many moisturizing lip products, it compromises longevity for buttery texture. However, I don't mind; reapplying these lipsticks is akin to reapplying a generic lip balm. They're very easy to do and redo, even if they do tend to have a low life span once applied.
The Colour Riche Caresse comes in golden tubes with a sample of the color and an elegant twist tube, so I love displaying these. Also, I'd call these affordable drugstore steals; I'm sure they go for about $6 a pop. There is a wide range of beautiful colors to choose from, and I've had great experiences with several colors, so the line is consistent. Overall, I loooove Sunset Angora. It's a refreshing take on the bold coral look that I think can be universally appreciated.

on 11/28/2014 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

'Sunset Angora' is a sheer warm coral that is perfect for daytime wear. It is a creme finish and has a lipstick/lipgloss hybrid texture and consistency similar to the Revlon lip butters. The formula is moisturizing and comfortable to wear. They don't last too long, but you wouldn't expect them too based on the finish of this product. If you want to try a coral shade that isn't too harsh this is a good start.

on 7/11/2014 1:06:00 PM

I give this a 5 for the color and a 1 for the formula. This is my first purchase from this particular line of lipsticks from L'Oreal. It will be my last. I love the color. It is not at all a color I would normally wear, but it was on clearance, and it did look pretty. It is such a soft, pretty, wearable shade of coral. I do like the way it looks on. But the formula, I do not like at all. I am reapplying it every half hour or so. It just wears off so fast, just from talking and drinking from a straw. I will use it when I am taking a quick run somewhere, or maybe for shopping, but never again will I wear it to work. I don't have time to be reapplying that frequently.

on 6/26/2014 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I found this shade on clearance at Target. I usually struggle with corals with my fair skin but since it was cheap I figured I'd give it a try. It is a beautiful, wearable coral. It is not too bright and I think it would work on every skin tone. The formula is also great - smooth and doesn't dry out my lips. I'll definitely be purchasing more from this line!

on 5/27/2014 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm surprised by this color in a good way. I thought I couldn't wear coral (I avoided oranges like plague for years- I have a weird pink/peach undertone that's warm and cool at the same time) but this is very wearable and pretty. The lightweight formula feels very good on my lips and it's has good pigmentation and no stupid fake fruit flavor. Would purchase again!

on 5/21/2013 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Sunset angora is a beautiful, incredibly wearable coral I wouldn't have noticed if it weren't for the reviews on here so thank you once again MUA :) I find a lot of corals to be bright on me but sunset angora is a very soft shade of coral. The formula is shiny, slightly moisturizing, and the color shows up surprisingly well after a couple of swipes. I took off one lippie however because it has a slight tendency to settle into lip lines. As with most of the shades in the chapstick/lipstick/gloss hybrids (color whispers, lip butters, colour riche caresse) its lasting power is extremely short.

on 5/13/2013 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is another version of the sheer lipstick/balm hybrids (ie Revlon Lip Butters, Maybelline color whisper). They glide on super silky yet are the most opaque of the three (L'oreal, revlon, and maybelline). Not very long lasting, and not moisturizing (even though it feels very nice on the lips) but not drying either. This color is so pretty. It's a muted medium peachy orangey shade. Very every day and easy to wear. I can't think of anything similar right now, maybe less orange than MAC ravishing or a darker version of MAC shy girl.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I purchased this product a while ago and used it maybe once or twice before it got lost in my other lip products, but pulled it out again and was in love! I didn't expect it to be as creamy and smooth as it is! It feels great on my lips without a balm and doesn't dry my lips out! I find the color payoff to perfect as it's not too sheer but doesn't go on too dark. I also love how the packaging can be used as a mirror! I definitely am glad I rediscovered this product and will probably be picking up a few other shades as well!

on 3/17/2013 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I ADORE THIS COLOR. This was my first color from this line and I am obsessed with it. It gives me the perfect color to my face when I don't want to put too much on the eyes and just want some pop of color on the lips. This lipstick isn't advertised as acting as a stain but it leaves just a perfect hint of color on my lips for hours after the lipstick has worn off. I hope they don't stop making this...I am going to need a new tube soon. I haven't tried other colors in this line but this one is just a great coral shade that compliments any face.

on 3/15/2013 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had an old gift card I forgot about and used it yesterday for some much needed cosmetic retail therapy. I was feeling very into coral colors yesterday and wanted to pick up a sweet coral pink lipstick. I have had some in the past, but they have all been really drying and not really appropriate for real life.

I have tried L'Oreal lipsticks in the past and the quality is nice, but I have always avoided them because of their nasty perfume smells. I decided to give this lipstick a chance because it didn't have an overpowering smell and it looks nice and moisturizing. The cute packaging and color really won me over too.

The staying power of this lipstick isn't really much. You will have to reapply this A LOT, but I find I'm the type of person that likes to reapply and reapply and then reapply some more. I usually am the person that ends up with a kool-aid kid ring around my mouth by the end of the day from reapplying my lipstick over and over again. So reapplying isn't a deal breaker for me. I would avoid this lipstick line if reapplying is a deal breaker for you.

The one thing I did notice that kind of bothered me is that the color can sort of collect in dry lines if you have dry lips. I currently have dry lips, which is more my fault than the lipsticks, but be aware of this when purchasing. I think once spring comes to the Midwest I won't have to worry too much about chapped lips! :)

Overall I really like this color and the formula and I'm glad I gave this lippie a try. :)

Recommended for Medium Skin