October 21, 2014 | 1235 users online

Lipstick - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Caresse in Sunset Angora

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2014 1:06:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I give this a 5 for the color and a 1 for the formula. This is my first purchase from this particular line of lipsticks from L'Oreal. It will be my last. I love the color. It is not at all a color I would normally wear, but it was on clearance, and it did look pretty. It is such a soft, pretty, wearable shade of coral. I do like the way it looks on. But the formula, I do not like at all. I am reapplying it every half hour or so. It just wears off so fast, just from talking and drinking from a straw. I will use it when I am taking a quick run somewhere, or maybe for shopping, but never again will I wear it to work. I don't have time to be reapplying that frequently.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by tinatac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I found this shade on clearance at Target. I usually struggle with corals with my fair skin but since it was cheap I figured I'd give it a try. It is a beautiful, wearable coral. It is not too bright and I think it would work on every skin tone. The formula is also great - smooth and doesn't dry out my lips. I'll definitely be purchasing more from this line!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by aredore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm surprised by this color in a good way. I thought I couldn't wear coral (I avoided oranges like plague for years- I have a weird pink/peach undertone that's warm and cool at the same time) but this is very wearable and pretty. The lightweight formula feels very good on my lips and it's has good pigmentation and no stupid fake fruit flavor. Would purchase again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by desertrose08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sunset angora is a beautiful, incredibly wearable coral I wouldn't have noticed if it weren't for the reviews on here so thank you once again MUA :) I find a lot of corals to be bright on me but sunset angora is a very soft shade of coral. The formula is shiny, slightly moisturizing, and the color shows up surprisingly well after a couple of swipes. I took off one lippie however because it has a slight tendency to settle into lip lines. As with most of the shades in the chapstick/lipstick/gloss hybrids (color whispers, lip butters, colour riche caresse) its lasting power is extremely short.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is another version of the sheer lipstick/balm hybrids (ie Revlon Lip Butters, Maybelline color whisper). They glide on super silky yet are the most opaque of the three (L'oreal, revlon, and maybelline). Not very long lasting, and not moisturizing (even though it feels very nice on the lips) but not drying either. This color is so pretty. It's a muted medium peachy orangey shade. Very every day and easy to wear. I can't think of anything similar right now, maybe less orange than MAC ravishing or a darker version of MAC shy girl.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by starburst1824

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product a while ago and used it maybe once or twice before it got lost in my other lip products, but pulled it out again and was in love! I didn't expect it to be as creamy and smooth as it is! It feels great on my lips without a balm and doesn't dry my lips out! I find the color payoff to perfect as it's not too sheer but doesn't go on too dark. I also love how the packaging can be used as a mirror! I definitely am glad I rediscovered this product and will probably be picking up a few other shades as well!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by blissful3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I ADORE THIS COLOR. This was my first color from this line and I am obsessed with it. It gives me the perfect color to my face when I don't want to put too much on the eyes and just want some pop of color on the lips. This lipstick isn't advertised as acting as a stain but it leaves just a perfect hint of color on my lips for hours after the lipstick has worn off. I hope they don't stop making this...I am going to need a new tube soon. I haven't tried other colors in this line but this one is just a great coral shade that compliments any face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

I had an old gift card I forgot about and used it yesterday for some much needed cosmetic retail therapy. I was feeling very into coral colors yesterday and wanted to pick up a sweet coral pink lipstick. I have had some in the past, but they have all been really drying and not really appropriate for real life.

I have tried L'Oreal lipsticks in the past and the quality is nice, but I have always avoided them because of their nasty perfume smells. I decided to give this lipstick a chance because it didn't have an overpowering smell and it looks nice and moisturizing. The cute packaging and color really won me over too.

The staying power of this lipstick isn't really much. You will have to reapply this A LOT, but I find I'm the type of person that likes to reapply and reapply and then reapply some more. I usually am the person that ends up with a kool-aid kid ring around my mouth by the end of the day from reapplying my lipstick over and over again. So reapplying isn't a deal breaker for me. I would avoid this lipstick line if reapplying is a deal breaker for you.

The one thing I did notice that kind of bothered me is that the color can sort of collect in dry lines if you have dry lips. I currently have dry lips, which is more my fault than the lipsticks, but be aware of this when purchasing. I think once spring comes to the Midwest I won't have to worry too much about chapped lips! :)

Overall I really like this color and the formula and I'm glad I gave this lippie a try. :)

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by Shelbsca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this lipstick. Being extremely fair skinned, I have a very hard time finding coral shades that aren't too orangy on me. Even lip products and blushes that look so pretty and pinky on other girls just honestly always end up looking more orange than pink! Finally, finally, finally I have found the perfect, prime coral shade. It isn't too orangey, and it's honestly the essence of what every coral shade should look like. It's a perfect corally pink color, and it's so hard to find something I can wear daily that doesn't stand out or clash against my pale skin! I could see myself wearing this a lot in the spring, but it's the sort of color I can also pull off in winter when I want to. Even though this would work for pale skin, I can see this being lovely on all skin tones. (I picked this up based on a review of a darker-skinned girl, and in the video she wears it, and it looked like such a lovely, wonderful and wearable shade).

The staying power, however, isn't great. But even for lipsticks that don't have good staying power at all, I have a trick I learned online, which is basically to apply it normally from the tube- then, using a one ply tissue and a makeup sponge or cotton pad, sort of stamp the sponge/pad on your lips with the one ply tissue covering your lips. Then, apply the lip product with a lip brush, and voila! Even after eating and kissing, while obviously the majority of it will be gone, there is a stain of the original color because of how I stamped it onto my lips when I first applied it.

If I could, I would probably give this product a 4.5, simply because the staying power could be better, and also because while it is a beautiful color, I just don't think it could be an everyday, all seasons shade, at least not for my skintone. On less pale people, it might wear a tad less corally, which would slightly mute the color but then again also make it more wearable.

For reference, I haven't tried this yet but I'm going to say with certainty that in the spring, this lipstick would look beautiful and match almost perfectly with ELF's cream blush in Tease.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2013 8:50:00 PM More reviews by plumblush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This leans more towards a gorgeous, highly-pigmented balm than a lipstick. In that way, it reminds me of another favorite of mine--the Korres lip butter in Pomegranate. I can slap this on without even looking in the mirror for a nice touch of color when I'm going to they gym or grocery store, or anywhere else where I'm probably not wearing real makeup but want to just perk my face up a bit. I like this a lot and will buy it again when I run out of it.