Murad Intensive-C Radiance Peel

3.3

Water, Kaolin, Synthetic Beeswax, Glycerin, Glycolic Acid, Ethyl Ester of PVM/MA Copolymer, Cetearyl Alcohol, Pentylene Glycol, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Urea, Yeast Amino Acids, Trehalose, Inositol, Taurine, Betaine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrolyzed Opuntia Ficus Indica Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Myrtus Communis Leaf Extract, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Butylene Glycol, Fomes Officinalis (Mushroom) Extract, Cimicifuga Racemosa Root Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Chitosan, Propyl Gallate, Zinc Gluconate, Methyl Diisopropyl Propionamide, Ethyl Menthane Carboxamide, Menthyl Lactate, Hydrated Silica, Lauryl Laurate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch Octenylsuccinate, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Aminomethyl Propanol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Ceteareth-20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Limonene, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Ocimum Basilicum (Basil) Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Ferula Galbaniflua (Galbanum) Resin Oil.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

For reference I have dry, flaky skin.
This product is a decent chemical exfoliant. Its results are nowhere near what you would have in a salon- in its desciption on the Sephora website it claims to have "brightening results comparable to a professional peel", which I do not find at all. It does a good job of getting rid of my flaky dry patches without making my skin feel tight or stripped. If your skin isn't thoroughly cleaned and really dried well, though, it has a hard time getting through anything that might be on the skin- I often have issues with it around the edges of my nose where I get a lot of dead skin buildup. I maybe see a bit of bightening, but nothing drastic. I have masks that do a better job for much cheaper.

When I use this, it takes a decent amount to get the "tingling" effect it advertizes- the first 2 or 3 times I used it I didn't notice any tingling until I added a thicker layer. I'm not particularly sensitive to those types of sensations so others might need to use less. It was not painful in any way and wears off after about 2 or 3 minutes. I also let the product sit for the full 10 minutes, but it's mostly dry at 5 minutes so you could get away with less time.

I don't like that it doesn't give the percentage of Glycolic Acid, although it is high on the ingredient list. Another thing that bothers me is the packaging. I had the smaller size, so I don't know if this is true for the full size, but the packaging is clear. Vitamin C is very light sensitive, so having it in a clear container renders it useless. If the product has C in the name I would not only expect it to be higher on the ingredient list, but I would also hope the packaging could protect that beneficial ingredient. I find tat this is a problem with a lot of Murad products, and it turns me off from purchasing from them again in the future.

Overall, this does the job for chemical exfoliation but there are much better options at cheaper price points. It does not have spa-like results and does not live up to its brightening claims, at least for me. The packaging, at least for the smaller size, does not preserve the ingredients properly. Not a terrible product, but I would not recommend it.

Very pleased with the results. I chose a Murad product because they're cruelty free, and I like bunnies. I'm very pale with some redness around my nose, and some sunspots on top of my cheek bones. This product does feel tingly (which I don't love), and I use a somewhat heavy layer of it over my face and neck, avoiding the eye area. I think it creates a smoother, less pigmented porcelain look that I like. From a cursory google search, I think it contains hydroquinone, which is also in Obagi as a skin lightening agent. It does make my skin glowy and clear. I usually use a retinol every other night, and the Murad spot lightening serum on the alternates.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I definitely feel a tingle/cooling sensation when I use this product. It doesn't irritate my eyes at all. A lot of peel products, even though I don't put it around or near my eyes, tend to irritate my overly sensitive eyes from the fumes? of the peel. It does work nicely and my skin is left glowing and exfoliated. However that being said, I do think this is a rather expensive product and I don't know if I would repurchase it. If it was given to me as a gift though I would totally use the whole container. It has a rather thick texture with a light citrus/orange odor. Pleasant to apply and use. I just personally think it is a little over priced for what it is, a rinse off chemical exfoliant.

This product is okay-no great shakes. It is expensive, and I didn't notice much difference when I used it, but I used it til the end of the bottle anyway--too expensive to waste. I think next time I will try a vitamin c SERUM rather than a lotion. Won't purchase again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have been using this product for about 2 months now. I started using it once a week before bed. When I didn't notice any results I began using it twice a week. I left it on according to the directions and wiped it off with a warm washcloth. It has a creamy consistency like lotion but dries on the face. I really didn't see any improvements while using this product. While it did tingle on my skin making it feel like it was clean and refreshed, that was the only real effect. My skin only appeared brighter for the first 10 minutes. I didn't see any reduction in redness or overall brightening of my skin. I actually found that my pores looked much bigger after using this. This product is super expensive; fifty dollars for not even two ounces. I definitely would not purchase or recommend this.

It brightens my skin instantly. I enjoy the tingling feeling while I leave it on my face.

This is a great product for oily skin. It makes my skin glow for several days after I use it so I think the effect is quite long-lasting. The tingling feeling makes me believe that it has high concentration of vitamins and is effective.

I truly enjoy this product. I use it when I am feeling dull and lackluster. It does not take much a thin layer is perfect. I love the tingle and super refreshed feeling it gives.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Although this product does not brighten the skin like other peels, it does leave my skin very smooth. I have combination skin, which usually means my t-zone gets flaky (especially during the winter). This product really helps balance and even out my skin. it is expensive, but my 1.7 oz tube has lasted for over 6 months and I use it about once a week in conjunction with a weekly exfoliant.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I hate a love hate relationship with this product . Is claims to be a peel yet it doesn't give the brightness of peels. I do have to say that I continue to use this because of the tingling and deep clean feeling that continues for 10 min after you rinse it out!