October 22, 2014 | 1654 users online

Lip Liners - Marcelle - 2 In 1 Retractable Plumping Lipliner

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2012 8:38:00 PM More reviews by hebrides

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was surprised when I went to add my review that this product is not reviewed yet. I realized lately that it was my best lipliner. The CG Smoothers one was the other favourite as it is the same type of twist automatic pencil, but that has been discontinued and CG's current line all have to be sharpened. I hate that kind as it is gone in no time, and is never soft enough. The other good swivel automatic liner is Revlon, but I cannot recommend it because it dries out and becomes a pain to use.

A lipliner must go on easily, yet not be too soft. It is to add believable regularity and form to the aging lipline, which has lost its crisp definition (it happens sometime after the age of 50 or so). It is also to minimize a crooked lipline by slightly drawing one side higher and one side lower (tips I learned from some makeup artists' books, such as Way Bandy and Kevin Aucoin).

Anyway, I bought this Marcelle lipliner around 3 years ago. There were as I recall several perfect shades for a neutral/brownish/pink and I chose the best one, Nude Attitude. It is still good but I went to see if they still have them, and they do, so I got it in Natural. The neutral shades are all great - some are pinker than others but I prefer a more natural to brownish tone. If it is too dark, when your lipstick wears off after eating, you are left with the line and nothing inside it, which looks unacceptable.

This is a fabulous pencil because, besides the swivel tip which always works and does not break off, the other end has both a sharpener if you are picky and want to make it brand new and pointed again (I tried it and it is fun!), plus a cute little lip brush with a point! So you can use that to apply lipstick.

I don't know where the "plumping" comes in. They don't say. But my lips look better wearing this and using the brush to apply lipstick.

I can say this is a perfect lipliner pencil. It has never failed me. They are $10.99 in Canada but they do go on sale.