April 20, 2014 | 1674 users online

Lips - Make Up For Ever - Aqua Rouge

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2014 1:55:00 AM More reviews by regrebs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This review is for #15 Pink, a bright rose shade. The cream is opaque with one swipe and dries to a very tacky matte in a few seconds, so work quickly! I leave my mouth open while it dries to keep my lips from feeling glued together. I hate lip gloss and tried topping the color with all of my lip balms to avoid using the gloss, but it's the only thing that made my lips feel comfortable. I'm in love with the staying power of this product. This is the only lip cream that's worked for me so far, so I'm excited to try other colors.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

I think that this product is distinctly average. I own the colour #20 'Baby Pink', and you really need to go over your lips 3-4 times, building up the colour to get it to maximum opacity - one swipe and you just about get a hint of colour. Once built up, the colour is a bright, bordering on fluorescent pink. As it dries, it feels tacky on the lips, and if you want to add another swipe of colour, you need to work very fast as it dries quickly. It looks super-matte once it's dry, which is why the gloss is a necessity. It goes without saying that your lips need to be in excellent condition before you even think about applying the Aqua Rouge to them - I apply lip balm, wait, then add 'Prep + Prime Lip', wait then apply Aqua Rouge. The gloss is actually pretty great, not too sticky, or heavy feeling which I hate. It feels comfortable to wear and adds some much needed shine to the colour. Quite honestly, I think that Aqua Rouge is no different to any matte lipstick - if you eat or drink with this on, it will come off, and will flake as it does so - leaving your lips looking crusty and blotchy. For the price, I'd rather buy one of Lime Crime's 'Velvetines' or one of MAC's matte lipsticks. I still have my eye on shade #8 'Iconic Red', but I definitely won't repurchase this colour.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2013 6:45:00 AM More reviews by Moremi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow, just wow. The staying power is AMAZING, yet not drying, and I'm the kind of girl who can't handle matte formulas since my lips are so dry.

I wan't to highlight two drawbacks:

• You don't get a lot product and will go through the product quickly. I'd say that the lifespan of this is counted in weeks, not months, as with a regular lipstick.
• The colored part of the lipstick does not BUDGE, however, the gloss tends to slip of the lips and make it looks like you have a sweaty over lip. (Really easy to wipe off, you just have to remember it)

I WILL repurchase the red one (8), as well as trying the other ones.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 5:19:00 AM More reviews by mrsyogantoro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this blindly after hearing some good and bad reviews in internet. I didn't know why but I was really keen to have one, since it is a liquid lipstick and it will turn into matte finish with promise to stay all day long. Apparently, it does. I applied this in the morning and the color stays until after lunch. I pick #4 Chesnut and this has been my signature color since first time I applied. It is nude color with deep brownish base, and for me it becomes my MLBS (My Lips But Sexier) color. It plumps my lips, create lip statement that no lipstick could do after decades. If wearing alone without the gloss, it is too drying but after you applied with the clear gloss, it feels fine. Just mind with the price tag, it costs US$ 24 just for 2,5mlx2 products. So damn expensive. After using it daily, It's almost empty now...just in 2 months!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by lechickpea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Such a shame. This lipstick has one flaw that makes this totally unusable for me- it wears off in big FLAKES. And you don't feel or see it happening somehow- halfway through the day, you just look at yourself in the mirror and see big chunks of lipstick missing, while the other parts are bright and visible. Very, very bizarre looking. I couldn't in good conscience recommend this to someone, it's pretty embarrassing when you realize that you've been walking around like that for hours without noticing. Yikes.

It's disappointing because otherwise this is a gorgeous shade. I have this in 19 Pomegranate Pink- a lovely reddish pink that is definitely more pink than red. Very flattering colour that would be pretty for day as well as evening. When I first put it on I was sure this would quickly become one of my favourite lipsticks, especially since it didn't feel *too* drying considering the longwear claims.

It pains me to say it, but give this one a miss. Make up forever usually puts out great quality stuff, but there is no possible way I can make this lipstick work for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Gandhilama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I got this in the color 18 and noooooo. This is crap. It's a coral shade but it just looks nasty on my lips. It does not go on evenly and it leaves residue of lipstick. It just looks gross.. I washed it off and took the rest off with oil makeup remover! Sorry try again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by dyingforyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

i honestly have never had any product i've owned turn out like this ever. even the "long lasting" claims on other products just CANNOT compare. normal lipsticks wear off on me in under two hours, even with lip liners. this lipstick is a whooooleee different story.

i actually bought my first one last night in 10 raspberry. in sephora, i put multiple different shades on my hand and i went through THREE normal makeup remover pads that hardly budged it, until an associate came over with something way stronger. and i thought, okay, if this isn't going to budge on my hand, i'm going to try this out at work tomorrow [aka today] and so i did.

i applied this roughly around 5:15am and i don't get the complaints about it being hard to apply or it turning out patchy. i applied it with the applicator itself and it turned out even and opaque in the one go, and when i went a little outside my lip line, i just wiped it away and it didn't stain. i let it dry and then put the top gloss over it. on my way to work/at work, i drank half a tumbler of coffee and had some breakfast, and by 8am after i had eaten a little more at break time, it was still flawless. by 11am it had worn off a little in the corners of my mouth and on the inside of my lips, but i just put that off as me because i lick my lips a lot. by 1pm, it was still going and with my finger i rubbed a bit of the product to my inner lip to make it a little more even. by the time i got home at 3pm, it had worn off a bit more but it was still more than just a stain. i had to rub it off with makeup remover before i took a shower and then THAT was a stain. i'm so impressed because even if it had lasted only until lunch, that's 6 hours right there and more than any other product i've tried. the only reason i haven't tried an aqua rouge before now is because of the price, which is a little steep for me, but i decided to splurge because i had a gift card as well. now that i know they're like this, i would willingly pay that price again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 5:33:00 AM More reviews by n1ks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stays on. FOR.EVER. If you're going to swatch these in a shop, make sure you have some heavy duty makeup remover nearby, coz they're gonna stay on your hand for a long, long time.

This is a great waterproof lip lacquer but boy, it is a pain to apply. You need a lot of time and patience to get the application down right, You definitely need a lip brush to apply evenly, and lots of cotton swabs for quick clean ups. If you've made a mistake, clean it up immediately, coz that is going to STAIN!

Long ass lasting power, doesn't transfer, and you will only need touch ups if you're eating oily (salads with dressing?) and greasy (not a good idea to grab a burger with a red lip on)

If you're looking for a quick no-fuss red lip that you can apply in a couple of minutes then this isn't the product for you.

But it you're looking for something that will carry you through the day/night with minimum touch ups, and you have some time for proper application - this is it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

Like reviewer desertrose08 so aptly described, her experience was the exact same as mine. I purchased no. 18 and although it is a very hydrating and budge proof product and comes in so many beautiful colors, it is IMPOSSIBLE to apply evenly. On multiple occasions it was streaky, goopy, and let me tell you, it WILL set streaky if you don't take your time.

Now I have the product and don't know what to do with it. Maybe I'll try it with a lip brush, because the long lasting claim is real. Very, very real. As in, you won't be able to fix your mistakes for 8 hours if you've left the tube at home kind of real. This stuff will not come off even if you scrub your lips with a wet paper towel in the bathroom while crying.

Plus, it smells like artificial lychee. Nasty!!!

I have a full review at my website behonestbeauty.com if you're interested, but trust me, you shouldn't be.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by desertrose08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

As much as I wanted this to work for me, because I'm not a fan of touching up my makeup, it didn't. No matter how I applied the color, I couldn't get it to look even. I tried putting on one coat, letting it set, and applying the top coat and it went on patchy. I then tried putting on one thin coat, letting it set, then applying another thin coat and it somehow managed to look even worse. I tried it with nothing on my lips and I also tried it over lip balm. Regardless of what I did, every time it would go on uneven and it would make my lips look shriveled and prune-like, even with the gloss/top coat, which isn't exactly what I want from my lip color. The only reason I gave it an extra lippie is because this does not budge, like at all. I swatched it on my hand at Sephora and later had to rub it with makeup remover like there was no tomorrow because it refused to come off. I purchased this in 18 which is a mid-tone coral shade that sets to be a few shades darker than how it appears in the tube.