Thierry Mugler Alien Les Parfums de Cuir

3.5

on 5/26/2013 8:57:00 PM

first off Thierry Mugler perfume bottles are tacky, there I said it, I much prefer a minimalist bottle then this grenade-star that Thierry seems to love.
As for the perfume, I do not like Angel and was ambivalent to Alien (original) but when he came up with the leather collections I wanted to buy them all.
Alien is my favorite, rich,warm and creamy. I love leather sent and orientals, Alien really fit the bills with a touch of white flower but dissolve after at the dried down and then come the dried fruits, amber and the leather.
It is a more for winter and it can be overpowering for people who prefer those fruity-florals you see so much now in department stores.

on 9/26/2012 2:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

As someone who detests the original Alien, as do many others (i wrote a negative review for it under my old account that got a lot of feedback from MUAers messaging me how much they agreed!)..I (cautiously) recommend this. (I can say the same of the Angel version of this line--I HATE original Angel, love the leather one, possibly more than this Alien one.) It is the same old Alien, effect of heat and dust, but softer/smoother, blended better, and the leather note is PERFECT, it gives an effect of harmony rather than the jarring, awkwardly positioned, ugly effect I think of as characteristic to Alien.This one is superior, I feel, though DH disagrees and prefers the original, and maybe you will too. I wish they gave a bigger bottle for this.

Popular Fragrances