August 23, 2014 | 933 users online

Bath Treatments - BeneFit Cosmetics - Bathina "Take a picture it lasts longer..." body balm

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2014 9:08:00 AM More reviews by Snugsack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wonderful product if you're looking for a nice sheen to your legs, especially if you're wearing heels! I remember someone took a picture of my boyfriend and I with a DSLR and my legs looked incredible with this on my legs!

It has a sheer pinkish glow to it and smells wonderful, but it is the kind of smell where you either love it or hate it.

4 stars because I just wish there was an easier way to apply it other than the cushion!
But it's worth the effort if you want those sexy toned legs. Also can be used on your collar bone.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2013 8:08:00 AM More reviews by kellystars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Cons:

Expensive!
Not an effective body gleamer. I see no difference before and after.
Pee yew! Old lady perfume/Cat pee/Central Hospital smell.

Pros:

Cute tin, right?
Not greasy. Not moisturizing either, but there you go.

I paid for it, and will use it spitefully, but do not buy assuming you will like this smell given the positive reviews. A definite love/hate!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've been using some version of this product for years and years. Prior to "Take a picture it lasts longer", this balm was called "Bathina Body So Fine". It used to be in a longer, more awkward "tin", and the more compact package, as well as the smaller sponge, make Take A Picture portable, and easier to apply smoothly. The Take a Picture balm itself is slightly different from the old Body So Fine balm. It has a more concentrated fragrance, and a smoother, silkier feel. Take A Picture can be worn alone, as perfume, and my old Body So Fine was barely detectable after application. Take A Picture balm has an extremely feminine, white floral scent, that's similar to the floral notes in Maybe Baby, without any of the fruity notes. I think it smells like gardenia, jasmine, and lily of the valley. It's a very "classic" fragrance, but it's gentle, and clean-smelling. I wouldn't try to wear another fragrance with this, because it would clash badly, but I like the scent enough to enjoy getting whiffs of it all day long. I think I remember that Body So Fine had silver glittery stuff in it. The replacement of the glitter with "glow" in Take a Picture is an improvement for me. This balm is easily wearable at any time. I especially like to apply this on my legs right after shaving. I hate the feel of creams on my skin, and this feels like nothing. It adds a beautiful radiance to my skin, without adding color, glitter, or looking like body makeup. Take A Picture is similar to Dr. Feelgood, only for the body, instead of the face. It doesn't really have a matte finish, though, but it works in the same way to "fill in" stuff, like scars, and it evens out skin tone. Fortunately, it smells WAY better than Dr. Feelgood, which smells like a citronella candle. I love Take A Picture balm, and I wish there were more products like this around! Maybe BeneFit will eventually have a balm to match their Crescent Row fragrances? It would be fun to have more variety.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by KGJxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

A good idea for a product but it doesn't totally hit the spot with me. It smells lovely, but the flowery rosy scent can get a bit tiring after a while - it's really strong and it does linger! It adds a very subtle sexy sheen but when I say subtle I mean it.. you'd need to use a lot to make a noticeable difference. It's nice to be used all over just to give yourself a bit of an added glow and make your skin scented all over, nice after a bath or shower on freshly shaved legs. The texture of the balm is very silky and smooth, I don't find it to be sticky or greasy but you do need to let it dry a bit before dressing. I find that Soap & Glory Glow Lotion does exactly what this does for a lot cheaper, maybe even a tad better at giving skin a shimmering glow, however doesn't smell as good. The packaging of this product is really nice, not as amazing as the old "Body So Fine" tin but it's still cool and I will be keeping the tin after the product is used. It is very expensive but it won't need to be repurchased often as the balm lasts quite a long time. Overall it's a good effort from Benefit!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 8:06:00 AM More reviews by MichelleTessy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

this body balm smells amazing, wow. and the product is not too shimmery that makes your body sparkly but its glowing if that make sense. its pink but when u apply it to you skin it blends with your skin color and im in love with it. and its a lot of product so you can use it for a long time. I usually put it on my shoulders and cellar bone, even my face, and its very flawless

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by moonlightflower

I actually also use this body balm on my face after a shower. It leaves my skin smoother, more polished, and smelling very fresh. If you're looking for a more understated dewy feel on your skin instead of sparkly glitz and glitter, then I would highly recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2011 6:00:00 PM More reviews by CommerceCitySister

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hmm...hrm. I like this in theory, and it does smell wonderful, a bit like roses and cinnamon if you can imagine. I've had this product a couple of weeks now and I've used it on my skin maybe...um...two times? I didn't notice much of a 'glow' per se, more of a well-moisturized (but not greasy) look. Since it's still winter ,I've only put it on my collar bones and upper chest. I'm looking forward to trying it in spring and summer on my legs, arms and feet...we'll see. The Benefit website recommends using it to smooth down flyaway hair and I must say, a couple swipes of this over my hair does work to keep it down and it adds a nice sheen. Overall it's a nice product, sort of a luxury because of the price but worth checking out if you want to smell good and feel pretty for special occasions. Package is darling, however.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2010 10:16:00 PM More reviews by barbiiex3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

i bought this body balm and i am in love with it < 3 it smells so amazing ! the packaging is really cute, and the little puff is a nice touch :-) it adds a nice glow to your skin and it makes you feel soft and velvet like. i would definitely buy this product again :-)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2010 10:05:00 AM More reviews by Rachelesque

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really, really wanted to like this product. I loved the package, and I was looking for a product that would make my pasty legs look more attractive without resorting to a fake tan. It claims to be a glossing balm with a hint of blush.

It leaves a glossy finish, OK, but that's from a slick coating of grease on the skin that melts off any makeup you may be using to cover spider veins or bruises, and I'm sure it would leave grease marks on upholstery. I didn't notice any color change or shimmer, and the smell is AWFUL. Like your grandma's rancid old perfume that she refuses to throw out awful. To add insult to injury, it's a really strong scent that lasts all day!

I definitely don't think it's worth the money, and honestly, I wouldn't take it if someone was passing it out for free. I saw a review somewhere else where the writer claimed it helped make their tattoo pop, but there is no sunblock in this product. All it would do is help the sun destroy your ink.

The concept is good, it just needs a lot of work.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No