Too Faced La Creme Color Drenched Lip Cream - Spice Spice Baby

4.5

This is truly the best lipstick I've ever used. The colour is so neutral yet pigmented. I can use it for different makeup style and look polished without trying too hard. The lipstick is so moist and it feels so good on the lips. When used with the toofaced lipliner in spice, the staying power and colour is amplified further. It suits a wide variety of skintones, even my medium yellow undertone skin. Packaging is simple and classy. Im already finishing my second stick. Even though it is relatively expensive, i will still repurchase because of its good quality and versatility.

on 7/20/2015 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've always liked the brand Too Faced. Some of the products are a bit gimmicky but the majority of them are good quality and fun. I recently got a terrible sunburn on my lips and now that it has finally healed, I wanted to try out a softer, less drying lipstick.

A YouTuber with similar coloring mentioned that this product works well for dry lips so I decided to head to Sephora to try it out. I wasn't sold on this color at first.

I tried just about every color except the dark ones. I have to tell you I'm a little disappointed that TF doesn't have more blue toned shades. Too many corals and melons for me. Anyway, since I wanted an everyday lipstick, I choose this shade.

It's not my typical color but it's quite flattering. This color looks professional and enhances the natural shade of your lips. It applies evenly and does not suck all the moisture out of your lips. In fact, it smooths over fine lines and cracks.

The one con is that this does not last. As soon as you eat or drink, it's gone. At least it wears off evenly. I will say that this stuff is so easy to apply that putting it back on is no big deal. I may try a lip liner under it to see if that helps.

Will repurchase down the line.

ETA: There is an issue with reapplication here. As it wears off the first time, everything looks fine. No patches. No ring around your lips. However, once you reapply it and it wears off again (and it will because it doesn't last through food or drink), you will see a ring around your lips if you're like me at least.

A primer might help but I was a little disappointed to discover this. I'd give it 3.5 lippies if I could.

on 1/13/2015 1:40:00 PM

Bought this after hearing frmheadtotoe (Youtube make up guru) raving about this. I had to get it and it's the best lipstick I've ever tried. The formula is so unique, soft, shiny, moisturizing... so perfect! MLBB but I will definitely get many other colors.

on 12/20/2014 11:34:00 PM

This is a holy grail MLBB for me! It's a beautiful rosy nude that doesn't wash me out at all. The formula is super creamy and moisturizing. I will definitely re-purchase.

on 10/30/2014 7:31:00 AM

I have a huge drawer full of I would say like 60 to 70 lipsticks and this is in my top 5. The color is so pretty and natural looking yet somehow it brightens my face too. The finish has a light sheen to it but doesn't look wet or oily like a gloss. The scent is lemon cookies and the gold packaging is sturdy and feels glamourous.

on 9/25/2014 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

First of all- Fellow fair/light nuetral gals- try this stick!! This shade finally put my face into complete HARMONY!
Following some found spare time in the city after a Dr.'s appt. yesterday, I walked into a Sephora to test out a few foundations for my upcoming passport photo. "They" say us neutrals can wear about anything... With clothing, fine, but I find the opposite to be true when it comes to cosmetics, finding myself in the Goldilocks conundrum 95% of the time. And I'm serious- Being exactly in the middle of cool/warm neutral in every way with 1 degree more cool, from hair (Strawberry/auburn- bronde-lght-ash-brunette), to eyes(Jewel green-grayed-blue with gold that goes brown in shadow/bad lighting) , to tone and undertone... (Awkwardly, an obgyn recently made comment on my "unusual" all-over natural coloring) even my freckles are a mix of cool & warm. How frustrating is THAT?! Must be the heinze lineage to blame. :)
But back to the lipstick...
I'm always having to "settle", mix, or just make do with most colors when it comes to makeup and esp. lipstick, but not with this one.
Color aside, and moving on to quality...
Before my mirror-check, the first thing I noticed was how it melted on the toss-away applicator, how thick and consistant the color was, how it felt wet, but not dripping, creamy, but didn't overly cling to any flakes, stayed put, but didn't feel sticky, not too glossy, and I can't remember any kind of scent... If there is one, I was so impressed with the formula that it went unnoticed. Wanting to test this on the streets, I delayed the buy. I still freaking LOVE this. And not just the color- The creamy, velvety texture, the way it stuck to my lips without being overly cakey... Just beautiful. I usually will not buy lipstick in a nude, spice, or anything other than "special occassion" reds/merlots for more than $10, but I am regretting not buying this on the spot. I really thought this would be just another overpriced cream lipstick with"meh" results. THe only thing I can't attest to is how well it applies from the tube.
Guess what's going in my sephora online bin tonight? :)

on 4/10/2014 4:28:00 PM

I have used up 2/3 of my tube and I can guarantee that I will use the entire tube up. The formula is shiny, smooth, moisturizing, and comfortable on the lips. The colour is absolutely beautiful. It's quite neutral but leans just a little bit red, especially compared to my other pinky-neutral lipsticks. The packaging is amazing, I love the weighty gold casing. There is a very slight lemony scent that is lovely and not at all offensive and doesn't linger. Overall I absolutely adore this lipstick, I always have it with me to throw on.

on 2/7/2014 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a beautiful, buildable rose color with a creamy consistency. It can be applied without a mirror and still look flawless. Loved the packaging until the twisting mechanism of my tube broke. Very sad. However, I'll still repurchase when I'm done fishing the product out with a brush.

The most amazing everyday lipstick color I have ever tried. It's not pink, it's not peach, it's a beautiful blend of both with a touch of neutral. It's the cliche of your lips but better,....but I mean much much better!! The name and weird online swatches make it seem like it will be brownish toned but it is not. The packaging is also very nice. Heavy, gold, beautiful. I will repurchase. It is moisturizing, long-lasting and smells like lemon cream.

on 10/16/2013 6:28:00 PM

Don't waste your money, yes the packaging and colour is so dreamy, and the creamy consistency is nice but believe me it won't last you maybe more than 20 minutes if you don't kiss, eat, or drink (basically anything) or else it'll be gone. Not something I would repurchase nor recommend. I spent approximately $30 on this bad boy and damn, it ain't worth it.

Recommended for Medium Skin