July 30, 2014 | 1587 users online

Self Tanners - St.Tropez - Bronzing Mousse

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm a self tan junkie. If I am unable to airbrush my tan (I love my lumpiness tan system), this mousse is my second choice. I'm pretty fair and this mousse leaves a lovely tan to my skin. I highly recommend to apply with a mitt for more even results.

Also recommend to use a barrier cream (I use body shop coconut body butter) to my elbows, knees, hands and feet to prevent too much of the product from causing darker up take.

Dries quickly, can get dressed in about 5 minutes. No odor-always a plus.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by maconly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is good, but not a miracle. Like all self tanners, it takes a number of applications before you get the hang of how to apply it so it looks even and natural.
The positives: It looks the most natural of any I've tried, You can see it going on, and have more control over streaking and unevenness at the point of application, It smells pretty good and not too strong, the mitt is awesome and saves your hands, it fades naturally.
The Negatives: It's pricey, I've had streaks and patchiness and I'm still getting the hang of it, It fades quick, this tanner is eliminated with soap and water. For example, I was washing my hands and splashed my legs with soapy water accidentally, looked down and saw that I had totally white streaks running down my thighs where the water hit my skin- not good. If I had been out somewhere I would have been tying my sweater around my legs to cover it.
I find with all self tanners you have to bathe less to keep it strong and even.
And.. the Youtube videos on how to apply it are really helpful :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2014 6:24:00 PM More reviews by mixedtape

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am sitting here having just applied this for the second time. The first time, I had it on about 6 hrs. before I showered. I think the directions said to leave it 4-8. The color is very nice and not orange at all. Probably on the light side, but that can be good! I'm NC20-25 and naturally tan very well. And it didn't smell that bad, actually! It is fragranced and I smelled a little of that tan smell but really not bad, probably the best I've ever used, considering everything from the drugstore just stinks! I'm not all that experienced with a bunch of different brands, especially on the higher end (this is my first foray into something I can't get off the shelf at CVS). But I give it a thumbs up! I applied it with one of those gloves for self tanner that I also got at Ulta. No streaks! Feet didn't look too weird, hands looked fine. My only complaint about this product (besides the ridiculous price) is that it faded very quickly. I would probably have to reapply every 3 days or so to keep a nice level of color. I may try the new darker shade next time. I'm torn between that one and the Vita Liberata Phenomenal such & such 2-3 week one.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Pam113

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love love love! I have been using the St Tropez Mousse for a couple of years now. I have tried others off and on, some were a lot more expensive, but always come back to this one. I apply it with a buffing brush that came with the BE self tanner and the application is a snap. I'm not going to say it has no self-tanner smell, because it does, but as self-tanners go the St Tropez has the least smell and as soon as you shower, the smell is gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by schonest

why damage your skin for a bronze glow when this product does it for you 100% safely. Its easy to apply and to blend and it dries quickly then develops into a gentle soft caramel colour that looks super natural on my fair to medium skin. Some tips, Exfoliate the day before tanning The St. Tropes exfoliating mit is great and can also be used for dry skin brushing to buff and smooth the skin with or without the tanner. Use a light moisture lotion on knees, elbows and ankles to stop the colour going dark in these tricky places. Invest in the application mit, Its reusable and makes the whole process of applying the tan easier and keeps the hands 100% stain free. If you tan before bed, the next morning you'll wake up as if just back from a long weekend at the beach. Colour fades naturally, no patchyness and can easily be toppoed up without fear of uneven layers of colour or streakiness. BEST EVER SELF TANNER.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by mikkazz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Love love love this tanning mousse. The color is perfect and it dries very fast. The only minus is that it fades fast

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by whiteparfait

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't know what my opinion on this product actually is. I kept buying it for months but I'm not a hundred per cent sure that I really like it. Firstly, I can't get a good result on my hands. I exfoliate them (with the clinique sparkle skin body exfoliator AND the St Tropez body polish) and use the St Tropez moisturizer before tanning: The result is always very disappointing on the hands. The rest of my body is just fine but I think the tan is a bit orange. It's not VERY orange (I wouldn't keep using it then). When I wake up in the morning I LOVE the color. I guess it's the guide color I like cause when I have showered there almost isn't any tan to see besides a glow. The tan (glow) fades very fast - almost as fast as the gradual mousse. Now I've bought the dark one and I can't wait to use it, but I'm a little scared though. Since I'm a redhead I'm afraid this color will be too dark. But I'll try it out.

BUT I must say St Tropez is lovely as a brand. They ALWAYS reply to my, sometimes stupid, messages. Very kind and good service. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by jem10608

This product is pretty good, not the absolute holy grail tanner (in my opinion), but it lives up to its claims.

Application is made really easy with the color guide instant tint and the mitt used to apply. I don't think I've ever had any streaking or missed any spots with this product, unless it was some fault of my own. It also dries really quickly and hasn't transferred on my clothes so far.

The packaging I've had no problems with. The pump is really nice and efficient. The smell is quite strong and floral. I've no problem with scent really so it didn't bother me, but it may be different for others. But it will make my whole room smell of it when I apply it.

The color it gives is not fake looking or orangey, but dark. I'm pretty fair skinned and it took about 2 or 3 showers for the color to fade to a shade that looks natural on me. I would only get to enjoy that color for about two days and then it would just seem to disappear in the shower. This product is not long lasting; maybe only 4 days of wear. But it fades evenly and isn't patchy. So there's that.

I also found this product was quite drying, so I had to moisturize everyday or else the tan looked scaly and gross.

I'm not sure if I would repurchase this.. maybe if I got a really good deal on it. But it doesn't seem worth it to me; only 4 days of wear meaning I have to constantly exfoliate and reapply, moisturize daily to keep it from drying out my skin more, plus the massive price tag.

This product delivers a nice color but is very high maintenance, especially for those with fair skin. Be prepared to care for it properly if you want a nice tan.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by pinaro

Dries very quick, without chemical smell. Super expensive but it works well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by PandoraBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a natural red head with pale skin and freckles. I NEVER tan. NEVER. This is my HG tanner. I have used every self tanner imaginable and this is the best one I have ever used. The price is a little high but you def get what you pay for. The color is perfect. The smell is minimal, almost non existent as far as self tanners are concerned. Easy application with the mitt. Dries super fast!! Greatest product ever for self tanning.