October 23, 2014 | 914 users online

Eyeliner - Rimmel - Waterproof Gel Eyeliner

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2014 2:09:00 AM More reviews by Envee

When I used this for the first time it was ok. After the the second use my eyes were extremely irritated and the next day it puffed up to the point of me being unable to open them up. This came such a shock to me as this is the first time ever in my life I've reacted badly to anything. At first I wasn't sure that this was the product that made be irritated so I tested everything I used on my eye that day on my jawline. Nothing came up. On the the third time I used this gel liner I noticed it irritating my eyes immediately and despite giving that eye a thorough clean I had a 'red liner' on my eye where I used the product for 2 days after. I found this gel liner irritating only on my eye which is where it's meant to be used =_='.

This aside the pros were:
- intense opaque colour (mine was black)
- smooth gel was easy to use
- brush was ok, relatively easy to use even with my tiny tiny lid space
- compact, great for travelling

Cons:
- Big negative for me is I was allergic to it if I used it on the eye area. Can't really use anywhere else.....
- took long to dry
- not smudge proof, especially in summer or your lids get oily. It will not stay.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2014 8:02:00 AM More reviews by oonallee

This transfers to above my crease which I absolutely hate. Definitely not waterproof!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 5:17:00 PM More reviews by ibbyrocks

I think that this is one of the best eyeliners I have ever used honestly. It stays on until I want to take it off and it doesn't run. It is easy to apply and I love the mini eyeliner brush that comes with it. Overall I really don't have any complaints, hope this helped!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2014 10:15:00 AM More reviews by atrimmer91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Intense colour, no smudge (once dry), no flaking.

The brush it comes with is S***. The package is huge for such a small amount of product, could definitely think of a better design. Loose the brush and keep in a sleek little pot.

You don't get a huge amount of product, but there's definitely enough for 6months+ and I use this EVERY day.

This is NOT water proof. Resistant maybe, but I wouldn't swim or break up with someone wearing this.

Great product for the price and would buy again, but still looking for HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by mollymare

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really like this eyeliner. I have it in the brown color and it is a very soft brown. I love the brush, you can make a thin line or a thicker line, it's easy to apply and looks very pretty. Stays on really good. Definitely want to try the black!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2014 3:30:00 AM More reviews by vivienvanessa

In a nutshell: Good to great eyeliner. Gives of an amazing colour, great pigmentation, love the packaging which is suitable for travelling however the brush that came with the pot did not live to it's full expectations, it's rather small and tends to bend too easily so I prefer to use my own angled liner brush. The package states that it is waterproof yet it my smudges on my eyelids?! - Definitely a turn off. However, I love the colour and the consistency, very smooth and creamy.

Pros:
- Great colour payoff - stunning black and great pigmentation
- Love the creamy, smooth texture much better than a liquid consistency which is harder to apply and does not look as good.
- Love the packaging but the brush isn't the best as it tends to bend too much and I prefer using my own angled liner brush.

Cons:
- Smudges from time to time.
- Slightly pricey for a small drugstore pot of eyeliner ($13 AUD).
- Brush that came with it made it hard to apply.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2014 6:27:00 AM More reviews by MissCan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

hummmmm, I thought I really liked this at first, but then I tried L'Oreals telescopic and realised eyeliner isn't meant to smudge during the day especially if it says 'waterproof'.

The price was ok, if you don't mind eyeliner that doesn't really do what it says.

It's too creamy as apposed to liquidy--

The container is cool -a brush on top of the glass tub of eyeliner.... but a bit fidgety when you go to do your other eye. Great if you are travelling though.

I wouldn't buy this again... I like my eyeliner to stay put alllll day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 3:59:00 PM More reviews by dirtyblondeee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this is my HG eyeliner. pencils are useless to me as they just smudge and wear off quickly. liquid liners have great staying power, but I find they aren't forgiving if you make a mistake. but this gel liner is perfect! its waterproof and stays in place all day, yet removes easily with my makeup removing oil. I do a cat eye a lot on the top lid, and as long as you move fairly quickly, you can easily wipe off and fix any mistakes. the brush fits in my hand perfectly and is stiff enough to get a precise line, but has JUST enough softness so you can mold it into the shape you want depending which eye effect you're going for. (I personally mold it into a point which works fantastic for me)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by AlexisTeeHee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First off, I've never used a gel eyeliner in all my life. I got a gift card and just picked this up on amazon. I've only tried Rimmel's kohl eyeliner in nude and I ABSOLUTELY love it. The eyeliner arrived in about three days I immediately had to try it out. I've been trying to use liquid eyeliner but it always smudges on my lower lashes or smear and my hands are terribly shaky! My eyes are two different shapes. My lid space on my right eye is bigger than my left. It's always been difficult to make them the same size. I have the weirdest greenish blue eyes that's so hard to make them pop, plus I have glasses which is a other downer. I only have one eyeliner brush for my brows and it's very flimsy so I didn't use it. Instead, I used the brush with it AND I FREAKING LOVE IT. Hands down my favorite I wish they sold it separately with a lager handle! So right off the back I put it on it was so easy to apply and line my upper lash line. The wing was perfect everytime. My right eye always turns out perfect and my left eye is sadly the worst I thought I was going to end up like all the other eyeliners and not match. It matched perfectly! I put on my glasses and my eyes popped they were almost blue and it made my eyes appear larger and wider. I would say this is semi-waterproof I wore it in the shower without washing my face and it stayed on! My boyfriend constantly makes me laugh until I cry and this didn't budge at all! My boyfriend said it preferred it better than my everyday look. I so hope they have it at u cvs I don't see it available anywhere so far. My sister is a beginner at makeup and she's been stealing this and using it! It's so sad I never had to hide makeup before! She stabs a whole really big in it thinking she needs a lot. When really you just need to run your brush ever so slightly in the jar and you can do both eyes with it! The color isn't the darkest black I have seen, it's a lighter black which seems to make my eyes pop I recommend this to anyone with trouble with any kind of eyeliner! Longest I had this on for was 10 hours and it was still perfect just like that morning! I got it around 4 bucks too can't argue much with that!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Eyeris555

I love this eyeliner. I can not stress that enough. I loveeeee it. It is not really sold in stores, so I am actually thinking about stockpiling this eyeliner so I can have more.

First off, I really don't like eyeliner pencils. I feel like I have to constantly sharpen them, and the color payoff isn't worth it for the effort. As for liquid eyeliner, I wear contacts, and that can prove to be a bit of an issue. So that means I am stuck with using a good gel eyeliner.

The texture of the gel is perfect, and glides on without issue. It is very a deep color, and I personally really like the brush that comes with it. Also, the packaging with the brush in the handle is genius. The feeling of the gel is perfect. I can not feel it on my eyes, which is what I want.

I have not had any issues with smearing. It dries very quickly with me. I have been able to do a flawless winged eyeliner with every try. My boyfriend has even been commenting that he likes my eyeliner. Have I said that I love this eyeliner? Because for real, I love it.