October 22, 2014 | 1954 users online

Eye Shadow - L'Oreal - Lavender Smokes Quad #536

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by fennecfox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the colors in this quad. They blend nicely together and compliment my skin tone well. My only complaint with this and other L'Oreal quads is that the tiny little brush falls apart after a couple uses.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by tango2470

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this quad after Michelle Phan did a tutorial with it (picture day) and was kind of dissapointed. First of all, I keep hearing people say that L'Oreal is a cheaper brand, but here in Canada, compared to other drugstore brands, its actually somewhat expensive. This cost me nearly 15$ with tax, which could have bougth me three Wet n Wild quads (which work way better).

Secondly, the packaging is terrible. It is flimsier than Maybelline and Covergirl quads, and broke almost instantly. I do not expect fancy packaging, but I do expect something that is going to hold up nicely.

Thirdly, the color selection is not all that great, If there was one matte shade in the palette I would be happier.

Lastly, the pigmentation is very poor, even for drugstore eyeshadows. I am so tired of seeing people put down all drugstore makeup due to a few fail products, because there are plents of good products they simply haven't found. The quad comes with a pretty gold color that is lighter when applied (my favorite shadow in the quad) a dark plum color (this shade is similar to MAC's beauty marked, OK pigmentation) a pink purple shade with no pigmentation, a pale copper gold shade with hardly any pigmentation. This is OK for a beginner to play around with (If you can find it on sale). But otherwise, I am sticking to wet n wild because it is cheaper and better quality.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by misanders

This quad comes with a pink, purple, gold, and copper shade. The colors are beautiful and worked great with my brown eyes. Pigmentation was good and lasted most of the day. The only negative would be a little fall out from gold and copper shade. Would buy again.