L'Oreal Lavender Smokes Quad #536

3.5

on 1/18/2015 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a nice quad to pick up if you want to try something a little different than the usual neutral look. The colors are very pretty and nicely pigmented. Depending on your skin tone, you may have to wear a primer. This (in my own opinion) can be regarded as a sort of sampler of the overall look of the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette. The darkest color is a definite color dupe for UD Blackheart, while the rest are close contenders for what you will find in the palette. They are all shimmers, while color #2 borders on more of a satin. The wear time is reasonable, but many hours later you will get some creasing. The packaging is terrible, so treat it gently because its Game Over if you drop it. Overall, it is a nice quad considering the brand and price...and if you want to get a cheap thrill until you get your hands on the UD3 palette.

on 1/4/2013 2:25:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love the colors in this quad. They blend nicely together and compliment my skin tone well. My only complaint with this and other L'Oreal quads is that the tiny little brush falls apart after a couple uses.

on 12/11/2012 10:58:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this quad after Michelle Phan did a tutorial with it (picture day) and was kind of dissapointed. First of all, I keep hearing people say that L'Oreal is a cheaper brand, but here in Canada, compared to other drugstore brands, its actually somewhat expensive. This cost me nearly 15$ with tax, which could have bougth me three Wet n Wild quads (which work way better).

Secondly, the packaging is terrible. It is flimsier than Maybelline and Covergirl quads, and broke almost instantly. I do not expect fancy packaging, but I do expect something that is going to hold up nicely.

Thirdly, the color selection is not all that great, If there was one matte shade in the palette I would be happier.

Lastly, the pigmentation is very poor, even for drugstore eyeshadows. I am so tired of seeing people put down all drugstore makeup due to a few fail products, because there are plents of good products they simply haven't found. The quad comes with a pretty gold color that is lighter when applied (my favorite shadow in the quad) a dark plum color (this shade is similar to MAC's beauty marked, OK pigmentation) a pink purple shade with no pigmentation, a pale copper gold shade with hardly any pigmentation. This is OK for a beginner to play around with (If you can find it on sale). But otherwise, I am sticking to wet n wild because it is cheaper and better quality.

on 9/23/2012 2:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This quad comes with a pink, purple, gold, and copper shade. The colors are beautiful and worked great with my brown eyes. Pigmentation was good and lasted most of the day. The only negative would be a little fall out from gold and copper shade. Would buy again.