April 20, 2014 | 1313 users online

Concealers - Bare Escentuals - Correcting Concealer

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2014 10:27:00 AM More reviews by kat313

I bought this because I really like Bare Minerals' powder foundation, but I was sorely disappointed. As mentioned by previous reviewers, it really settles into fine lines around the eyes, and I think it looks very chalky. It look worse than if I didn't wear anything at all! It's not so bad in other areas of my face, but I mainly purchased this as an under-eye concealer. I might just chuck it in the trash.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by makeupenthusiast1994

Extremely disappointed. It does tend to settle into fine lines and creases and can accentuate dryness. Coverage is not so great as well-but it is easy to blend. The only pro is that it's not too expensive, and didn't break me out + the shade medium 2 matched me perfectly.
Pretty bummed as bare minerals is my favorite makeup line.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I have tried everything under the BE name pretty much because for a LONG time they were my HG company. This is just meh...it's a good concealer but wow does it crease. It's very emollient. Setting it with powder doesn't help a lot. It will accentuate the lines and settle into the creases. As far as correcting? It's decent.

I think it's pretty expensive for what it does but it is chemical free so I give it a pass on some stuff I am picky about. A little goes a long way and it doesn't dry up like others have. Would I buy again? No, I will stick with other things now, but it's ok if you want something for around the face and not the under eye area and are concerned about chemicals.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Loved10

Bought this after reading some decent reviews. I thought gee, I like the mineral powder so why not?? Well I was wrong. I mainly need coverage under my eyes for dark circles. This concealer is not for that. It settled in my lines I never knew I had and rubbed off with a slight tough. It gave splotchy coverage I wiped off half way through the day because it looked so bad. I have tried it over my foundation, under my foundation, with and without powder. I give up. This is not worth the $$$!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2013 11:09:00 AM More reviews by aelskar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this concealer in Light, and it is a lovely shade- not at all orangey like so many others!

The texture is smooth, not sticky or powdery.

A little goes a long way and I find it is better at covering my blemishes rather than under-eyes. It can settle into fine lines if you apply too much!

The best concealer I've tried so far, but loses a lippy for not being as long lasting as I would expect for the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2013 3:29:00 AM More reviews by RingofFire

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted to like this but it creased like a MO FO (eyes only) on me. Nothing I did, not even set with translucent powder to make it stay in place helped. In fact looked 10 years older. Love the packaging with the mirror though. For 20 bucks too expensive. My search to cover my dark circles goes on.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by HeatherDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was drawn to this concealer because of the SPF, but I will definitely not repurchase. I have dark hereditary undereye circles and this is just not enough coverage for me. Moreover, it starts to wear off almost immediately after application.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 6:17:00 AM More reviews by slc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this to cover hyper-pigmented areas on my face and have not tried it under my eyes. I'm using Light 2 (I'm Fairly Light in Ready Foundation.) I've always had a hard time covering darker spots on my face since my skin is fair but this will make them disappear and the concealer also disappears into my skin. The only downside is that it doesn't last long in certain places. It comes off the spot on my cheek most easily -- I probably touch my face there more often -- but on my chin it stays all day. If I remember to use Touch Up Veil on top of it, it lasts longer. I like the consistency -- it's not too creamy and not too powdery. I use only a tiny amount. For the spot on my cheek, I put a small dot on it after I apply blush. This is the only concealer I've been able to do that with.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by 54ndy93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

well well well... I really wanted to like this. I ran into Ulta like a kid to get it when my acne got really red and inflamed. I have to admit, it did not break me out. BUT this thing is useless in covering acne on oily skin. It is verry slippery feeling. When I wore it, I felt the need to just scratch my face where I had applied it. It smears like nobody's business on me. I can't set it right no matter what. I also noticed it clings on dry patches and dead skin that you missed when exfoliating. I tried it on my eye area and oh my god... I never realized how many skin folds and fine lines I had there!! I never even tried to set it. It was useless. Also, the color range is for people with yellow undertones only. Ahh....

In a nutshell, if you have oily skin, look elsewhere... this will make your face feel more oily and icky :P

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is okay (I used it to cover blemishes and discoloration, not under my eyes). The coverage is not fantastic, and I find that if I try to layer it, the first layer comes off. I also find that it comes off if I put setting powder over it. It doesn't last very well either. The plus side is that one container lasted me almost seven months.