December 27, 2014 | 1575 users online

Concealers - Bare Escentuals - Correcting Concealer

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by xoslshopaholic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this concealer on a whim, I'm always on the lookout for the best under eye concealer, and this one is a strong contender. It goes on smooth, it's so creamy and hides my dark circles without looking cakey. It looks beautiful at first, but I have noticed that it can settle into my fine lines. This can quickly be fixed with a pat over my under eyes, but it's frustrating that it peforms so well up until the point I notice it has settled. I was so close to finding my HG concealer, but because this is almost impossible to set, I still haven't found it. I think it's worth a try, to decide for yourself, and I'm not upset that I purchased a full size, I will happily use it until it's gone, but everything about it is perfect, except for the settling an hour into my day. I'll continue to try and find the best way to set it, but If I can't figure it out, I won't repurchase,

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by tamedDOLL

This is an OK concealer. I use NC30 in MAC and Medium 2 is a great match for my skin. I didn't have much expectations for this concealer due to the reviews on here, but I really wanted an under eye concealer with SPF. I find that it works for my under eye area and on blemishes (but I prefer Studio finish for that ;]). It provides medium coverage and is very creamy and smooth. But then as the day goes on, it starts to get drier, and drier. This concealer also lacks staying powder. Personally it starts fading around the 3 hour mark without setting powder. With powder, I find the concealer fading after 4-5 hours. I can see myself finishing the product, but I wish I realized this sooner so I could have returned it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by kaseykorcal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This concealer works well for covering up acne marks, but as someone with HEAVY dark circles (I was born with them, doctors used to think my mother kept me up all night) it does nothing but make them look yellow-y purple and settles into my fine lines. The weirdest part about this stuff is that it is drying out and making my eyelids look scaly and droopy! But other than it NOT working for my eye circles, it works well on freckles and acne marks.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2014 3:39:00 AM More reviews by anishayunus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To begin with, I'm around NC25-30 and use this in Tan 2, it's a perfect match. That being said, though they do have 8 shades, they do not cater well to darker skin tones. They have 2 shades which are darker but.. you know what I'm saying. But to all those fair skinned ladies, good news! A better selection for you, especially since they take into consideration the undertones as well. All the 1s are cool tones and 2s are neutral/warm. (eg Tan 1 is cool toned and Tan 2 is neutral/warm)
I have terrible, and I mean TERRIBLE, hereditary under eye circles. They are brown, not purple or blue (for which most under eye correctors/concealers target). My circles are SO BAD that none of MAC's concealers can cover them. Yup, that bad.
First off, yes. This does crease. Not the most sanitary if you use fingers, but I don't mind. I actually like the packaging. It's sleek and all. It's slightly pricey for the amount of product you're getting, but for what it does to my circles; I will repurchase.
By setting this concealer with any random powder it prevents ANY creasing. And I didn't have foundation or BB cream or anything underneath either. For me, it stays put really long.. at least around 6 hours, but I'm sure it will last longer, I just haven't tried (I've only used it twice). It doesn't break me out, but I'm not sensitive to anything (tough Eastern genes!).
It does not completely cover my undereyes, but does a very good job. I would say around 85-90%. The kind where people looking at you won't know you have dark circles but when you stare at the mirror you just SEE IT a tad. That little bit of unsatisfaction, lol. I'm sure when it's paired with a medium-high coverage foundation that would be solved though.
For ultimate coverage, after applying this with my fingers, I put a little bit of Rimmel's Match Perfection concealer (in Classic Beige 030), also with my fingers, and then use an eyeshadow brush (don't ask me why, lol. I just want to pack the powder in) to apply in a stippling motion a pigmented powder (aka not translucent.. but one that has colour, for a little extra coverage and skin-matching, if either are your issues), I currently use Maybelline's Clear Smooth Powder (specific to Asia - or at least I know they're in Singapore and Malaysia) and tadah! No dark circles!
I've been dreaming of the day I would know how I look like without any darkness under my eyes, and it's like a genie fulfilled my wish! Yaayyy! I already have a backup in case they do any sneaky stuff and change the formulation or discontinue the product :D

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by solisortum

I have really dark circles under my eyes. This product somewhat reduces the appearance of them but it settles into my fine lines. Even if I have a primer underneath or put a translucent powder on top of this concealer, it does not stop the concealer from settling into the fine lines. This concealer is a complete waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2014 6:24:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Got a free sample of this (actually a sample card with 3 shades) and used Light 2 - the fairest one on the sample. IRL I think I need even lighter.

Too thick and not a good concealer at all. Made my under eye area sticky and foundation did not lay well. I much prefer Jane Iredale's Circle Delete or Sue Devitt (d/ce'd) Quiet & Still. For now I will stick with BeautControl's "Extra Help" concealer.

I will not purchase this.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2014 10:27:00 AM More reviews by kat313

I bought this because I really like Bare Minerals' powder foundation, but I was sorely disappointed. As mentioned by previous reviewers, it really settles into fine lines around the eyes, and I think it looks very chalky. It look worse than if I didn't wear anything at all! It's not so bad in other areas of my face, but I mainly purchased this as an under-eye concealer. I might just chuck it in the trash.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by makeupenthusiast1994

Extremely disappointed. It does tend to settle into fine lines and creases and can accentuate dryness. Coverage is not so great as well-but it is easy to blend. The only pro is that it's not too expensive, and didn't break me out + the shade medium 2 matched me perfectly.
Pretty bummed as bare minerals is my favorite makeup line.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I have tried everything under the BE name pretty much because for a LONG time they were my HG company. This is just meh...it's a good concealer but wow does it crease. It's very emollient. Setting it with powder doesn't help a lot. It will accentuate the lines and settle into the creases. As far as correcting? It's decent.

I think it's pretty expensive for what it does but it is chemical free so I give it a pass on some stuff I am picky about. A little goes a long way and it doesn't dry up like others have. Would I buy again? No, I will stick with other things now, but it's ok if you want something for around the face and not the under eye area and are concerned about chemicals.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Loved10

Bought this after reading some decent reviews. I thought gee, I like the mineral powder so why not?? Well I was wrong. I mainly need coverage under my eyes for dark circles. This concealer is not for that. It settled in my lines I never knew I had and rubbed off with a slight tough. It gave splotchy coverage I wiped off half way through the day because it looked so bad. I have tried it over my foundation, under my foundation, with and without powder. I give up. This is not worth the $$$!