August 21, 2014 | 2094 users online

Concealers - Bare Escentuals - Correcting Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2014 3:39:00 AM More reviews by anishayunus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To begin with, I'm around NC25-30 and use this in Tan 2, it's a perfect match. That being said, though they do have 8 shades, they do not cater well to darker skin tones. They have 2 shades which are darker but.. you know what I'm saying. But to all those fair skinned ladies, good news! A better selection for you, especially since they take into consideration the undertones as well. All the 1s are cool tones and 2s are neutral/warm. (eg Tan 1 is cool toned and Tan 2 is neutral/warm)
I have terrible, and I mean TERRIBLE, hereditary under eye circles. They are brown, not purple or blue (for which most under eye correctors/concealers target). My circles are SO BAD that none of MAC's concealers can cover them. Yup, that bad.
First off, yes. This does crease. Not the most sanitary if you use fingers, but I don't mind. I actually like the packaging. It's sleek and all. It's slightly pricey for the amount of product you're getting, but for what it does to my circles; I will repurchase.
By setting this concealer with any random powder it prevents ANY creasing. And I didn't have foundation or BB cream or anything underneath either. For me, it stays put really long.. at least around 6 hours, but I'm sure it will last longer, I just haven't tried (I've only used it twice). It doesn't break me out, but I'm not sensitive to anything (tough Eastern genes!).
It does not completely cover my undereyes, but does a very good job. I would say around 85-90%. The kind where people looking at you won't know you have dark circles but when you stare at the mirror you just SEE IT a tad. That little bit of unsatisfaction, lol. I'm sure when it's paired with a medium-high coverage foundation that would be solved though.
For ultimate coverage, after applying this with my fingers, I put a little bit of Rimmel's Match Perfection concealer (in Classic Beige 030), also with my fingers, and then use an eyeshadow brush (don't ask me why, lol. I just want to pack the powder in) to apply in a stippling motion a pigmented powder (aka not translucent.. but one that has colour, for a little extra coverage and skin-matching, if either are your issues), I currently use Maybelline's Clear Smooth Powder (specific to Asia - or at least I know they're in Singapore and Malaysia) and tadah! No dark circles!
I've been dreaming of the day I would know how I look like without any darkness under my eyes, and it's like a genie fulfilled my wish! Yaayyy! I already have a backup in case they do any sneaky stuff and change the formulation or discontinue the product :D

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by solisortum

I have really dark circles under my eyes. This product somewhat reduces the appearance of them but it settles into my fine lines. Even if I have a primer underneath or put a translucent powder on top of this concealer, it does not stop the concealer from settling into the fine lines. This concealer is a complete waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2014 6:24:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Got a free sample of this (actually a sample card with 3 shades) and used Light 2 - the fairest one on the sample. IRL I think I need even lighter.

Too thick and not a good concealer at all. Made my under eye area sticky and foundation did not lay well. I much prefer Jane Iredale's Circle Delete or Sue Devitt (d/ce'd) Quiet & Still. For now I will stick with BeautControl's "Extra Help" concealer.

I will not purchase this.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2014 10:27:00 AM More reviews by kat313

I bought this because I really like Bare Minerals' powder foundation, but I was sorely disappointed. As mentioned by previous reviewers, it really settles into fine lines around the eyes, and I think it looks very chalky. It look worse than if I didn't wear anything at all! It's not so bad in other areas of my face, but I mainly purchased this as an under-eye concealer. I might just chuck it in the trash.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by makeupenthusiast1994

Extremely disappointed. It does tend to settle into fine lines and creases and can accentuate dryness. Coverage is not so great as well-but it is easy to blend. The only pro is that it's not too expensive, and didn't break me out + the shade medium 2 matched me perfectly.
Pretty bummed as bare minerals is my favorite makeup line.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I have tried everything under the BE name pretty much because for a LONG time they were my HG company. This is just meh...it's a good concealer but wow does it crease. It's very emollient. Setting it with powder doesn't help a lot. It will accentuate the lines and settle into the creases. As far as correcting? It's decent.

I think it's pretty expensive for what it does but it is chemical free so I give it a pass on some stuff I am picky about. A little goes a long way and it doesn't dry up like others have. Would I buy again? No, I will stick with other things now, but it's ok if you want something for around the face and not the under eye area and are concerned about chemicals.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Loved10

Bought this after reading some decent reviews. I thought gee, I like the mineral powder so why not?? Well I was wrong. I mainly need coverage under my eyes for dark circles. This concealer is not for that. It settled in my lines I never knew I had and rubbed off with a slight tough. It gave splotchy coverage I wiped off half way through the day because it looked so bad. I have tried it over my foundation, under my foundation, with and without powder. I give up. This is not worth the $$$!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2013 11:09:00 AM More reviews by aelskar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this concealer in Light, and it is a lovely shade- not at all orangey like so many others!

The texture is smooth, not sticky or powdery.

A little goes a long way and I find it is better at covering my blemishes rather than under-eyes. It can settle into fine lines if you apply too much!

The best concealer I've tried so far, but loses a lippy for not being as long lasting as I would expect for the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2013 3:29:00 AM More reviews by RingofFire

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted to like this but it creased like a MO FO (eyes only) on me. Nothing I did, not even set with translucent powder to make it stay in place helped. In fact looked 10 years older. Love the packaging with the mirror though. For 20 bucks too expensive. My search to cover my dark circles goes on.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by HeatherDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was drawn to this concealer because of the SPF, but I will definitely not repurchase. I have dark hereditary undereye circles and this is just not enough coverage for me. Moreover, it starts to wear off almost immediately after application.