December 20, 2014 | 1118 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Lancome - Genifique Eye Light-Pearl Illuminating Youth Activating Concentrate

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by remychic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this serum a lot. I have some pretty dark circles under my eyes which are enhanced this time of year due to allergies. I just finished my first bottle and have noticed a real difference in the overall lightness and brightness under my eyes. But the ball wand is totally worthless in my opinion. So I just put some of the serum on my finger and pat it under my eyes rather than use the wand. So if this serum came in a hygienic pump I would give it 5 stars. I plan on buying it again because I have noticed such a difference in the appearance of my skin under my eyes. Maybe if I had bags under my eyes I would appreciate the ball wand but it did nothing for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by goodnightluck

I have now been using this product for over a month. About 5 weeks. This is an incredible product put in horrible, gimmicky packaging. The "pearl" wand is kind of a joke. It puts way too much product out and feels nice on the eyes, but doesn't really do anything. I would be giving this product 5 stars if it were in a small pump. The serum itself is amazing, it sinks right in and packs in the moisture. It's got a watery, thin texture. So you'd think that it would be less moisturizing than say a cream, but it's not. I'm only 25 so I don't know how this works on legit wrinkles. But I absolutely feel like this is preventing future ones. I also put some of this on my forehead because wrinkles show up there pretty fast. My eye area and forehead are sooo smooth and soft from this stuff. It's the best eye product I've used thus far.

PS: If you choose to buy this, your best bet for applying would be to take out the wand, remove excess serum, dab the wand a couple times on your upper eye and underneath, then gently pat in with your finger tips.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2013 4:06:00 AM More reviews by marie85

This product did nothing for me! Did not see any improvement whatsoever even after using for 1 month. Am really disappointed because I paid so much for this little bottle. And as the previous reviewer said, applying with the wand is such a waste of product. Just use your fingers.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2013 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Ruskydoll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is incredible. The most effective way, as a first defence, to reduce the appearance of fine lines is to dry the skin so much that if feels like parchment. Oh, hang on. No it isn't. That would make your fine lines looks worse, wouldn't it? Yes. Yes it does.

I got two samples of this from a Lancome counter. 'You won't need another eye cream over this, no', said Lancome Lady. 'Are you sure?', I said. 'I have dehydrated skin.' 'No,' she said, 'and I would say it would really help with your dark circles and puffiness.'

My dark circles and puffiness were, that day, the direct result of wine, and my issue is fine lines. Anyway, no matter. I go home. I use this as instructed, for two weeks. Day 1, after half an hour, unable to cope with the fact that my eyes felt as if they had been vacuum packed, I put another moisturizer over the eye cream. That felt better. Nevertheless, after two weeks of religious use, day and night, applying it with the surgical steel thingy they gave me, my under eyes look marginally worse.

By the way, they claim the product is cooling. No, it isn't. Putting a piece of steel next to your eyes, is cooling. You could be applying vaseline with it, and it would feel cooling.

I stopped using Prevage because of the price, but the stuff does actually work, so I may have to start buying it again. SIGH.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Maggc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I like this product as it is very light and easily absorbed when it is pat lightly on the eye area. The after feeling is very refreshing and you don;t feel any weight of it. No milia seeds formation too, which is extremely important to me. It also works very well under my eye makeup. However, I must say after using it for 2 weeks, I don;t see much improvement to my dark circles although the eye area did feel more hydrated. In addition, the suggested way of application using the wand is totally useless. There is too much wastage if you apply using the wand and the product does not get absorbed. Totally waste of time. Application using patting of my finger is more efficient.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by gcpecor

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This very well may be a great product trapped in "gimmicky packaging". It is not practical for daily use. If you are not sure how to apply, utube has a Lancome video. It's ridiculously time-consuming. The wand is great for Lancome. Why? Because the product you waste every single application is crazy upsetting. This product will be a "do-over".