December 18, 2014 | 828 users online

Eyeliner - Sephora - Long-Lasting Eyeliner in Glitter Kaki

rated 1.0(1 review)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This liquid eyeliner in "Glitter Kaki" is an absolutely gorgeous color when you swatch it. It's even gorgeous when you first apply it. But "long-lasting"? C'mon, Sephora, that's where the love affair with this product ended for me. What initially drew me to the product: 1) it was supposed to be long lasting, 2) the color and, 3) the glitter in this is not obnoxious, large glitter. What you see is a classy glitter-induced sheen. But I digress. I put this on my lower lashline and was so pleased with the look. Within 30 minutes of wearing it, however, all that was left of it was a slight trace of color and a little glitter here and there. I did not wear any type of primer with this, and I never do, not with any eyeliner I'm wearing on my lower lashline, and I've never had a problem with others. To be fair, although it's September, where I live it was 87 degrees today and a bit humid when I tried this and I had slight perspiration on my face. Whenever this is the case, I use something absorbent to gently blot at any area where perspiration has formed, and under my eyes was one such area. I was well aware of the presence of the eyeliner and made sure to stay away from the actual eye area/lash line, to no avail. Maybe this will hold up better on me once it finally gets cool here. But when I see the term "long-lasting" on a cosmetic product, that's exactly what I expect from it, no matter the weather.