Living Proof Prime Style Extender

Water/Eau/Aqua, Octafluoropentylmethacrylate (Polyfluoroester), Myristyl Alcohol, Polyacrylate-13, PEG-8 Stearate, PPG-2 Myristyl Ether Proponiate, Polyisobutene, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Fragrance/Parfum, Polysorbate 20, Sorbic Acid, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropionol, Limonene, Citral, Geraniol.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

How does this stuff work so well?? It's really amazing that it can keep my fine hair looking clean after a couple days. I wasn't expecting much when I tried a sample of it, but it impressed me so much that I ended up buying a full bottle right away. I have long (bottom of shoulder blades) hair that's highlighted and fine, but I have tons of it and it's healthy. But it looks pretty lank and oily at the roots the second day, so I have to wash it every other day and it's never volumized or super great looking on Day 2. But this stuff makes my second day hair looks so fresh-- no oily roots or lank looking style. And when I run my hands through my hair it feels clean too, so it's not just a masking effect. I really love it!

I sometimes go three days without washing when I use this, but that's definitely a ponytail type of hair day since I do feel like I'm pushing it as far as cleanliness goes. I exercise almost every day so I feel a little worse for wear hair-wise if I don't wash frequently. But this stuff has just become a staple for keeping my hair looking good longer, and when I flat iron it or add waves it keeps everything intact too.

I like the lightweight texture and it doesn't make my hair crunchy or separated. The clear, gel consistency works with my hair's texture well and absorbs quickly. My only complaint with this would be the fragrance, which is true of this whole line for me. I avoided it for a long time because I find the scent so strong. I like fresh scents but the lemon/citronella fragrance seems sort of taste specific rather than generally appealing and reminds me of household cleaners. It fades quickly thankfully but I'm not a fan.

I can't go without this now and I'll repurchase it as long as they keep making it.

This truly changed the dynamic of my hair texture and ill be forever using it.

I tried this product when I was in Vegas this summer and it helped keep my hair matte and volumnized for two whole days before washing it. Normally I'd have to wash my hair everyday, but this has allowed me to go longer. I learned that heat application is crucial in infusing & distributing the product all over your hair and in the process it can be drying. This product doesnt provide heat protection ( i used the hotel dryer vs. a ion hair dryer ) The results are quite magical with patience and a round brush .

A+ packaging.
This tube lasts forever for me!

I don't get the love for this product at all. I can't tell it does anything.

I'm of mixed opinions on this product. On the one hand, it really does keep hair clean longer. I have no idea how it does it, but it really does seem to repel the accumulation of dirt, oil, and skin particles. It also smells amazing, and it doesn't take very much product to see results. Your hair will look fantastic the day after you wash it. Normally I wash my hair every day, and this allowed me to go every other day.

On the other hand, this did absolutely nothing to tame blow dryer-induced frizz. There's only so many products I can goop in my hair, and I would really like whatever treatment I put in my hair when it's damp to help out with frizz, as that's my main hair concern.

I did end up repurchasing this, but I did so at Marshall's so I didn't have to pay full price. I don't think I'd shell out for it at full price.

I initially thought this was a really reat product-- because I have very fine hair and most styling creams of this type are way too heavy in my hair and weigh it down.

This product is super light weight and fool proof. I LOVE living proof as a whole because I feel like their stuff really caters to fine, Limp hair when most styling products really don't..

The thing is I notice this really makes a minimal difference in priming my hair or extending a style/controlling frizz. PHD is light years better and phd also has a heat protectent

In short I only reach for prime style extender on days I am staying home and not really going out. I think it mildly contributes to adding shape and volume and maybe controls my oily scalp a bit-- by a bit I mean a BIT-- like its a little better than nothing

Phd much more effective

This does extend your style, but not enough to warrant the price. ON humid days my fine hair loses the style as usual. I bought this product to help keep the style and prevent frizz on humid days, which it doesn't do, so it's a fail for me. The smell is overwhelming, even if you like it at first. My room smells like citrus the entire day.

I am super impressed with this stuff. I have medium length hair of medium thickness and work somewhere between a dime and quarter size dollop over all my hair, roots and bangs even. Never had an issue with it weighing my hair down or making it look greasy. I notice a huge difference in my hair, particularly after blow drying. Normally, my hair would be quite poufy and I would need to spend a good 10 minutes straightening it and I could never seem to get my bangs to straighten properly or stay straight throughout the day. But after using this, my hair is so much more sleek after blow drying and I only have to run though a few parts of it with my flat iron. My bangs are definitely easier to style as well. Less wild to begin with and they actually stay straight throughout the day. My hair is also super soft and shiny and the product seems to help with static, which is fantastic. I really have no complaints. It is a little pricey but it's the best hair product I've used so it's worth it to me. I really love the black packaging as well, very nice.
I urge anyone who doesn't notice a difference using this to experiment with the amount you're using. The first few times I used it, I only used a tiny bit and mostly just on my ends and didn't notice much at all. But once I started using more product and actually worked it through ALL of my hair (including roots), that's when I realized how amazing it was and saw a huge difference in my hair. This stuff is really lightweight. I have even applied what I thought was too much to my bangs (which were only slightly damp) and they were still not weighed down or greasy looking whatsoever.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This is one of my 3 top products of all time. Like others say, it is indeed hard to describe what it does. It is like a very, VERY lightweight leave-in conditioner/gel combo and it also extends the time between shampoos. I hate the feeling of product in my hair but this is just perfect, not heavy at all.

These are the benefits for my fine, caucasian hair: noticeable softness, less frizz and fly-aways, one extra day of clean-looking hair (I normally wash every 3 days but with this the second day looks like the first day, the third day like the second, and so on), and a very, very like hold that's less "hold" and more "manageability". I also had a friend stay with me and use this product after shampoo. Her hair is very processed and straw-like (years of coloring from medium brown to blonde) so she normally puts it up because it just doesn't look that lively when she wears it down, but after using this, she went a whole day without putting her hair up and was amazed at the softness.

Lastly, a little goes a long way. Don't get me wrong, it's still an expensive product but at least it works and doesn't get spent down too quickly.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Why a primer for your hair I asked. I still don't know and yet I am very happy with the results. I was reluctant to add another product into the mix fearing build up in my fine, voluminous hair. On top of a quarter sized amount of this combed through I added Wen styling cream and Redken Heat Glide. Came out with very silky hair that is holding its style. No perceptible feel of product so I guess what they say is true. I have used other LP products and I wasn't thrilled with them but this one makes the grade. It's expensive but it's worth it since it is keeping my style longer and that makes me much happier.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this product. I've been using it for a few months and it's been a really great addition to my styling regimen. I use this cream on clean damp hair, first concentrating on the roots and then working it down to the ends. It's supposed to repel dirt and oil, extending the time between shampoos. I have to say that I've found this to be true. I can go an extra day, sometimes two, without shampooing. It also helps fight frizz and it increases the effectiveness of styling products. I've also discovered that it often helps my style last into a second day so that I don't have to recurl or restyle at all, I just brush my hair gently and I'm out the door. This isn't true all the time, but it does happen frequently. The primer definitely hydrates and improves the condition of my hair, making it the perfect canvas for my styling efforts. I was able to purchase the 24 ounce salon size on Amazon for $43, which is an incredible deal given that the 5 ounce size sells for $20. I'm really liking it and it's definitely made a positive impact on my styling routine. I only wish it had thermal protection:( And for that reason, I'm giving it four stars instead of five. But the less I wash my hair, the brighter and fresher my hair color will be. I use this primer two ways. I often use a thermal protection product (either Bumble and Bumble Invisible Oil Primer, It's a 10 or Agadir serum) on the midlengths and ends before LP No Frizz Weightless Styling Spray because this primer lacks heat protection, but it still works to keep my hair clean longer and my style often lasts an extra day without needing to be recurled. Or instead of one of the thermal protectants I mentioned, I can use LP Restore Revitalizing Spray on dry hair, which is LP's thermal product. It works great and adds shine, however, it's rather expensive to use because it comes in such a small can. But it is really good and I do feel my hair is protected when I use it. It also smells decent and doesn't weigh my hair down at all. I find that if I use the Prime Style Extender on the roots and using a generous amount down to the ends and then using my regular styling products on top and the Restore spray before heat styling, I get a good result. This primer would also be a godsend for those with oily hair. It really does repel dirt and oil and sometimes I only need to wash my hair once a week when I use it. But repeated use of styling products usually means that my hair has some buildup so shampooing is necessary even though my roots haven't gotten oily at all. All in all, this primer is an excellent product and a great addition to my styling routine. Not only does it keep my hair clean longer, it also extends the life of my finished style into a 2nd day. I definitely recommend it.

Popular Styling Products