January 26, 2015 | 942 users online

Styling Products - Living Proof - Prime Style Extender

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2015 6:34:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

This product is awesome, it's giving my Alterna CC 10-in-1 a run for its money. I am so glad I tried this because I haven't been impressed with most of the LP products I've used. They are expensive and most of them either dried my hair out or left it feeling sticky and weighed down. But this leave-in is a five star gem!
For reference, I have hair that is thick, wavy-textured, color-treated, and I heat-style it regularly. And I always use some type of leave-in on my damp hair before blow drying. I need something for added smoothness and control, and this product delivers. It makes my hair shiny, smooth, and frizz-free. No stickiness or dryness, doesn't weigh my hair down in the least.
I got caught in some bad weather and I expected my hair to look like a frizzy, poofy mess afterward. But no. With this in my hair, my style held perfectly. I was amazed.
This product is worth every penny and I will definitely buy it again. Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by acarroccia

I just recently picked this up after reading the great reviews on makeup alley. Let me just say I'm in love! I use a few sprays of Kenras blow dry mist and then a little of this product. This made my curly hair so smooth, shiny, and easy to blowout! It is definitely a new fave.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2014 7:18:00 PM More reviews by tmilstein

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use about 6 or 7 sprays of John Frieda 3-Day Straight on damp hair. Then I run a small amount of this through my hair (1 tsp maybe). I let it air dry (to prevent a little damage from blowdrying) and then flat iron. After a day, I spray in dry shampoo 2x a day. This method keeps my spiral curly hair straight for 5-7 days.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my fave styling product for blow drying (above gels, mousses, other creams/sprays both drugstore and high end). I only gave 4 stars cause it doesn't make my style hold longer as it says - it's just a truly awesome product that adds thickness and body, and an incredible shine and softness. Mousse used in conjunction with this does make it last longer. But I use alone a lot. Doesn't have same effect without blow drying. My hair is short for now (growing it), previous color damage I'm repairing using a lot of natural methods and I always spray on beauty protector detangler first. I found a lot of prime works better (don't be stingy). I'm on my 3rd full sized tube.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2014 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Cestsibon

Style did not last any longer than other products I've used or currently use. The real issue is that it gives my hair static - as in a lot. Nothing special here with this product, plus an added annoyance.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

A little sticky as far as texture goes but once hair is blown out does not make hair feel sticky or weighed down. Subtle, herbal (grass? Juniper?) scent typical of LP brand. Despite the fact that it says to use from roots to tips, definitely do less on the roots (as with all products, obviously) to prevent becoming quickly prone to a greasy look.

Makes hair feel super soft and gives a great allover volume boost, which I love about this. However, like all of the volumizing products I've used from
LP, it makes me really frizzy. The frizziness outweighs the volume and softness boost, no matter how good that is.

As far as extending style, this doesn't do anything. I still have to wash on third day like I do normally without using this. So for what it's billed for, it doesn't do the job. Overall, not worth it to me and glad I bought the travel size, not the pricey full size bottle, to try it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by glitterkitteneyes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ever since Sali Hughes beauty journalist from the guardianUK mentioned this brilliant product, I was on the hunt for it. This may very well be THE HG hair product of all time for me.
It's this idiot proof hair serum that simply repels dirt and oil/grime through out the DAY and night I apply a nickel to quarter sized blob and apply to my fringe. I work retail and my hair tends to get quite oily around lunchtime and this product makes my blow-out STAY through out. I don't even need dry shampoo anymore. My straight asian hair stays smooth with an extra bounce with no oily fringes. Just brilliant.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by 4ever29

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My hair is problematic, unmanageable, humidity-frizzed, fried/highlighted and graying hair, which as a result of all that had turned into a knotted, and left to it own devices are a dreadlocked mess. So after using this for two weeks in this seriously awful east coast humidity.... OMG, I just use this primer on wet hair and lo and behold it blow dries into silk! It was seriously a miracle. No other product has ever softened and made it silky like this! Holy Grail status!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 7:28:00 AM More reviews by chloecharlton

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Fantastic. I usually don't like any leave in type products as my hair is so fine and it usually just makes it greasy and stiff. But this product makes my hair so silky and smooth...like a have had a professional blow dry! Will purchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I LOVE this product!! I've used almost every product from this line, & I haven't been impressed enough to repurchase anything else....until I tried a sample of this. Once I finished my sample, I immediately went back to Sephora to purchase the $20 full sized bottle. This is a hair primer, so you put this on FIRST after you get out of the shower. Then, put on any other hair stylers/serums you want. This shields hair from dirt, makes any style last longer (I straighten my hair usually), Amps up the effects of any other styling product you use as well, & this allows me to go longer between washing my hair because my hair doesn't get greasy or oily as fast while using this. I will definitely repurchase this & I highly reccommend at least trying a sample first because everyone's hair reacts differently, but this one was a win for me!