Living Proof Prime Style Extender

Water/Eau/Aqua, Octafluoropentylmethacrylate (Polyfluoroester), Myristyl Alcohol, Polyacrylate-13, PEG-8 Stearate, PPG-2 Myristyl Ether Proponiate, Polyisobutene, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Fragrance/Parfum, Polysorbate 20, Sorbic Acid, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropionol, Limonene, Citral, Geraniol.

on 8/16/2015 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Why a primer for your hair I asked. I still don't know and yet I am very happy with the results. I was reluctant to add another product into the mix fearing build up in my fine, voluminous hair. On top of a quarter sized amount of this combed through I added Wen styling cream and Redken Heat Glide. Came out with very silky hair that is holding its style. No perceptible feel of product so I guess what they say is true. I have used other LP products and I wasn't thrilled with them but this one makes the grade. It's expensive but it's worth it since it is keeping my style longer and that makes me much happier.

on 8/8/2015 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this product. I've been using it for a few months and it's been a really great addition to my styling regimen. I use this cream on clean damp hair, first concentrating on the roots and then working it down to the ends. It's supposed to repel dirt and oil, extending the time between shampoos. I have to say that I've found this to be true. I can go an extra day, sometimes two, without shampooing. It also helps fight frizz and it increases the effectiveness of styling products. I've also discovered that it often helps my style last into a second day so that I don't have to recurl or restyle at all, I just brush my hair gently and I'm out the door. This isn't true all the time, but it does happen frequently. The primer definitely hydrates and improves the condition of my hair, making it the perfect canvas for my styling efforts. I was able to purchase the 24 ounce salon size on Amazon for $43, which is an incredible deal given that the 5 ounce size sells for $20. I'm really liking it and it's definitely made a positive impact on my styling routine. I only wish it had thermal protection:( And for that reason, I'm giving it four stars instead of five. But the less I wash my hair, the brighter and fresher my hair color will be. And to that end, this cream really does add a day or two. I highly recommend it.

on 7/30/2015 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Its the shiznit. Hands down, best styling product I have tried and I think I may have tried them all. Seems totally weightless on my fine straight hair. My hair looked healthy and shiny and stayed perfect through a hectic 10 hour work day. I have never had that happen before, especially in the height of a hot humid summer. Totally impressed with this.

on 7/28/2015 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I was really iffy about trying this product based on my only other experience with Living Proof (Perfect Hair Day leave in stuff, which did nothing at all for my hair) but I am glad I did give this a try and I will certainly buy this again and again!

Style Extender does help a lot with my ongoing battle with frizz (I can leave a hot yoga class looking almost presentable!) but it really does extend the style of my hair too. My hair is cut into a layered bob and now it keeps it lovely curved shape overnight, rather than getting flattened out when I sleep. And my hair actually seems to stay cleaner longer, meaning I don't need to shampoo nearly as often. Honestly, this is one of the best hair treatment/styling products I've tried (I prefer it to all the Aveda Smoothing products I've purchased) and I will certainly be repurchasing it. I wish Sephora had the honkin' huge size of this but, alas, they don't and it seems to be sold out online too so I'll keep purchasing the 5 oz. size.

on 7/7/2015 9:43:00 AM

This stuff is magic! The first time I used it, I applied this, blow dried my hair, and did not use anything else on it. I then ended up walking in the rain for ten minutes (under an umbrella). I expected to have to put my hair up when I got where I was going, but my hair still looked great and was not puffy! I have wavy and frizzy hair that is very sensitive to humidity and this is the only styling product I've used that's different from the rest. I know this brand makes humidity specific products and I'm excited to see how well they work after trying this one.

on 5/5/2015 7:37:00 PM

Hair: thick, coloured and with some greys, which makes it a bit coarse and frizzy. This product leaves my hair feeling super soft, like I just had it professionally done, something that I never thought that I could do. I played with a couple of samples that a SA gave me at Sephora, using it on my clean damped hair and, to test it out, I let my hair naturally dry and also tried blow drying it. Both gave me amazing soft hair. It does extend the lifetime of my style and I notice less frizz. Of course I went back and purchase the full size. Took off one lippie just because the prices of Sephora in my country are rude. Just rude.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

It worked quite well to hold my straightened hair together for nights out. I didn't repurchase though, since I found that it accelerated in oil accumulation at my follicle roots.

on 4/3/2015 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My HG staying product for dry, frizzy, and unruly hair. I've tried dozens of products to tame my hair and this works great. It really does smoth, tame, and somehow extend my hairstyle(when I straighten my hair.) Give it a try

on 2/18/2015 5:53:00 AM

This product is AWESOME, it's giving my Alterna Caviar CC 10-in-1 a run for its money. I am so glad I tried this because I haven't been impressed with most of the LP products I've used. First of all, this brand is expensive. And almost every one of their products has either dried my hair out or left it feeling sticky and weighed down. But this leave-in is a five star gem!
For reference, I have hair that is thick, wavy-textured, color-treated, and I heat-style it regularly. And I always use some type of leave-in on my damp hair before blow drying. I need something for added smoothness and control, and this product delivers. It makes my hair shiny, smooth, and frizz-free. No stickiness or dryness, doesn't weigh my hair down in the least.
But what impressed me the most was that I got caught in some bad weather and I expected my hair to turn into a frizzy, poofy mess afterward. But no. With this in my hair, my style held perfectly. I was amazed.
This product is worth every penny and I will definitely buy it again. Recommended!

on 2/14/2015 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've used a few generous sample sizes over the last several months. It smells incredible but I don't think it really helps my hair style last longer or staves off oil. I do think it gives extra oomph to my so so hair products, if used together.

Top Rated Living Proof Products