September 3, 2014 | 1434 users online

Styling Products - Living Proof - Prime Style Extender

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by glitterkitteneyes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ever since Sali Hughes beauty journalist from the guardianUK mentioned this brilliant product, I was on the hunt for it. This may very well be THE HG hair product of all time for me.
It's this idiot proof hair serum that simply repels dirt and oil/grime through out the DAY and night I apply a nickel to quarter sized blob and apply to my fringe. I work retail and my hair tends to get quite oily around lunchtime and this product makes my blow-out STAY through out. I don't even need dry shampoo anymore. My straight asian hair stays smooth with an extra bounce with no oily fringes. Just brilliant.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by 4ever29

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My hair is problematic, unmanageable, humidity-frizzed, fried/highlighted and graying hair, which as a result of all that had turned into a knotted, and left to it own devices are a dreadlocked mess. So after using this for two weeks in this seriously awful east coast humidity.... OMG, I just use this primer on wet hair and lo and behold it blow dries into silk! It was seriously a miracle. No other product has ever softened and made it silky like this! Holy Grail status!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 7:28:00 AM More reviews by chloecharlton

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Fantastic. I usually don't like any leave in type products as my hair is so fine and it usually just makes it greasy and stiff. But this product makes my hair so silky and smooth...like a have had a professional blow dry! Will purchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I LOVE this product!! I've used almost every product from this line, & I haven't been impressed enough to repurchase anything else....until I tried a sample of this. Once I finished my sample, I immediately went back to Sephora to purchase the $20 full sized bottle. This is a hair primer, so you put this on FIRST after you get out of the shower. Then, put on any other hair stylers/serums you want. This shields hair from dirt, makes any style last longer (I straighten my hair usually), Amps up the effects of any other styling product you use as well, & this allows me to go longer between washing my hair because my hair doesn't get greasy or oily as fast while using this. I will definitely repurchase this & I highly reccommend at least trying a sample first because everyone's hair reacts differently, but this one was a win for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 10:48:00 AM More reviews by wixter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was going away for a weekend and didn't want to wash my hair while I was away, so I used a sample of this when I styled it. I wish that I tried it sooner!

I have curly hair and second day hair turns into a wavy, frizzy mess. This stopped that! My hair looked just as shiny, curly, and frizz-free as the day that I washed it.

This smells like citrus to me. Very yummy! The scent is strong, though. It doesn't give me headaches, but I can see this clashing with strong perfumes. I find that the more that I use, the better. I don't apply a huge glop of this, but if I got overboard squeezing some out, I don't find that it weighs down my hair or affects how the style turns out.

This product would be best for curly hair. I haven't tried this while styling straight hair because that's not how I style my hair. But this really brings out my curls, so this might make straight hair more wavy.

This isn't drugstore cheap, but for a full sized bottle, it's only $20. Not bad! I bought a travel sized one for now for just $12, but I think that I'm going to buy the full sized when I run out. Well worth it!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by boclit7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this in a Black Friday kit for $10 at Sephora. I just used it for the first time yesterday when I straightened my hair. I applied it to wet hair and then put my usual styling products in. My hair doesn't feel gross or anything, but I cannot get a brush to run through it without tangling. I've combed it over and over again and can't even run my hands through it. I went in for a bang trim today and my hairstylist couldn't get her comb through it either and even said my hair seemed so tangled. It's straight, but it didn't help extend my style either. I woke up with kinky/wavy hair like I do every time I straighten it (I get hot at night I guess!). It didn't flat iron any easier either. I would definitely not buy this again and I don't plan on using it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by hunnybunnyipm

I bought this hoping to get an extra day out of my style - my hair goes greasy and limp like crazy. I go back and forth on this, but my final ruling is that I like it. For the first time I can wake up and only new a few touch ups, not a total redo. I put some dry shampoo (powder) in at night and in the morning it's good to go. Works really well combined with other products.

I also really like that the nozzle doesn't get gummy and gross like it does on other products. It has a mild scent that I really like - if anything, I wish it was stronger so that my hair smelled more like it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by CherryVanillaA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My hair has oily roots, is long, straight and thin ... and won't hold up a style unless I use half bottle of hairspray (and I hate hairspray!!). It's sad, whenever I go to the saloon to have my hair done for a wedding or an important event, the curls won't last more than 2-3 hours ... it's not nice when your mother in law tells you "Ohhh poor thing, your hairstyle is gone!!!"

One day a friend told me about some MIT chemists that developed a line of hair products, I'm a bit geeky so I decided to try Living Proof because ... it's the MIT!!

I bought this primer and the travel kit for the FULL line ..... and it's a miracle!!!
If I use the shampoo and conditioner + full cream and primer, the style will hold!!! I used some hot rolls to make light waves for christmas eve ... I washed my hair today (Dec 27) and wow ...... you could still see the waves in my hair after 3 days!!! Not at a 100% but a nice 70% ... and I didn't use hairspray ... zero! nada! And my roots were not super oily... I could have gone another day without washing it.

I'm in love!!!!!!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Retromom104

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

First off my hair is fine, shoulder length and very wavy/curly. I prefer to dry it out straight most days. If there is any hint of humidity, my hair will start to frizz or curl. If I do not use a flat iron on the ends, my hair will have a mind of its own and do what it feels like. Also, I am a daily washer.

I received a 1 oz sample of this product using my rewards points at Sephora. At this time, I believe this product is only available at Sephora but I am not sure for how long.

I noticed a difference in how my hair looked great all day using this product first before any other styling products. You only need a pea size or dime size amount for my amount of hair and it does not weigh it down or feel greasy when using. Its a big deal for me that I dont have to worry about how my hair. Just style and go.

I have tried this primer along with the Full styling cream from LP and really like it. I also use Perfect Hair Day (PHD) from LP and use that on a regular basis. I think that once my bottle of PHD is done, I will switch to the Full cream. But, I have already bought a full size tube of the Prime. I really dont want to be without it.

The only reason why I left off one lippie was because this is a pricey product even if you only need a tiny bit at a time plus it's not available everywhere. But that should change in time.

Because of this experience, I am open to trying more from LP in the future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 2:27:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a sample size as part of Sephora's 100 point perk and after a few uses, I was hooked. I ended up getting the full size tube during the VIB promotion. This stuff really does help with the longevity of hair styling.
My hair:
fine but lots of it
chemically treated (professionally coloured every 6-8 weeks)
armpit length with layers

I wash my hair about three times a week and must blow dry my hair otherwise it takes forever to dry. I use a flat iron about twice a week.
Because of the time it takes me to work on my hair on the mornings when I wash it, I don't want to have it fuss with it on the non washing days. This Prime Style Extender helps me with this goal. I apply is underneath my layers before any other styling products and it gives my hair such bounce. (I use volumizing mousse which helps too)
My hair still has that bounce and shine for the next couple of days and all I need to do is apply a bit of serum to tame any flyaways and then brush and lightly spray.

This line is expensive but hair is a prize accessory and you need just a dollop of this product.