April 21, 2014 | 1816 users online

Styling Products - Living Proof - Prime Style Extender

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 10:48:00 AM More reviews by wixter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was going away for a weekend and didn't want to wash my hair while I was away, so I used a sample of this when I styled it. I wish that I tried it sooner!

I have curly hair and second day hair turns into a wavy, frizzy mess. This stopped that! My hair looked just as shiny, curly, and frizz-free as the day that I washed it.

This smells like citrus to me. Very yummy! The scent is strong, though. It doesn't give me headaches, but I can see this clashing with strong perfumes. I find that the more that I use, the better. I don't apply a huge glop of this, but if I got overboard squeezing some out, I don't find that it weighs down my hair or affects how the style turns out.

This product would be best for curly hair. I haven't tried this while styling straight hair because that's not how I style my hair. But this really brings out my curls, so this might make straight hair more wavy.

This isn't drugstore cheap, but for a full sized bottle, it's only $20. Not bad! I bought a travel sized one for now for just $12, but I think that I'm going to buy the full sized when I run out. Well worth it!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by boclit7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this in a Black Friday kit for $10 at Sephora. I just used it for the first time yesterday when I straightened my hair. I applied it to wet hair and then put my usual styling products in. My hair doesn't feel gross or anything, but I cannot get a brush to run through it without tangling. I've combed it over and over again and can't even run my hands through it. I went in for a bang trim today and my hairstylist couldn't get her comb through it either and even said my hair seemed so tangled. It's straight, but it didn't help extend my style either. I woke up with kinky/wavy hair like I do every time I straighten it (I get hot at night I guess!). It didn't flat iron any easier either. I would definitely not buy this again and I don't plan on using it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by hunnybunnyipm

I bought this hoping to get an extra day out of my style - my hair goes greasy and limp like crazy. I go back and forth on this, but my final ruling is that I like it. For the first time I can wake up and only new a few touch ups, not a total redo. I put some dry shampoo (powder) in at night and in the morning it's good to go. Works really well combined with other products.

I also really like that the nozzle doesn't get gummy and gross like it does on other products. It has a mild scent that I really like - if anything, I wish it was stronger so that my hair smelled more like it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by CherryVanillaA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My hair has oily roots, is long, straight and thin ... and won't hold up a style unless I use half bottle of hairspray (and I hate hairspray!!). It's sad, whenever I go to the saloon to have my hair done for a wedding or an important event, the curls won't last more than 2-3 hours ... it's not nice when your mother in law tells you "Ohhh poor thing, your hairstyle is gone!!!"

One day a friend told me about some MIT chemists that developed a line of hair products, I'm a bit geeky so I decided to try Living Proof because ... it's the MIT!!

I bought this primer and the travel kit for the FULL line ..... and it's a miracle!!!
If I use the shampoo and conditioner + full cream and primer, the style will hold!!! I used some hot rolls to make light waves for christmas eve ... I washed my hair today (Dec 27) and wow ...... you could still see the waves in my hair after 3 days!!! Not at a 100% but a nice 70% ... and I didn't use hairspray ... zero! nada! And my roots were not super oily... I could have gone another day without washing it.

I'm in love!!!!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Retromom104

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

First off my hair is fine, shoulder length and very wavy/curly. I prefer to dry it out straight most days. If there is any hint of humidity, my hair will start to frizz or curl. If I do not use a flat iron on the ends, my hair will have a mind of its own and do what it feels like. Also, I am a daily washer.

I received a 1 oz sample of this product using my rewards points at Sephora. At this time, I believe this product is only available at Sephora but I am not sure for how long.

I noticed a difference in how my hair looked great all day using this product first before any other styling products. You only need a pea size or dime size amount for my amount of hair and it does not weigh it down or feel greasy when using. Its a big deal for me that I dont have to worry about how my hair. Just style and go.

I have tried this primer along with the Full styling cream from LP and really like it. I also use Perfect Hair Day (PHD) from LP and use that on a regular basis. I think that once my bottle of PHD is done, I will switch to the Full cream. But, I have already bought a full size tube of the Prime. I really dont want to be without it.

The only reason why I left off one lippie was because this is a pricey product even if you only need a tiny bit at a time plus it's not available everywhere. But that should change in time.

Because of this experience, I am open to trying more from LP in the future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 2:27:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a sample size as part of Sephora's 100 point perk and after a few uses, I was hooked. I ended up getting the full size tube during the VIB promotion. This stuff really does help with the longevity of hair styling.
My hair:
fine but lots of it
chemically treated (professionally coloured every 6-8 weeks)
armpit length with layers

I wash my hair about three times a week and must blow dry my hair otherwise it takes forever to dry. I use a flat iron about twice a week.
Because of the time it takes me to work on my hair on the mornings when I wash it, I don't want to have it fuss with it on the non washing days. This Prime Style Extender helps me with this goal. I apply is underneath my layers before any other styling products and it gives my hair such bounce. (I use volumizing mousse which helps too)
My hair still has that bounce and shine for the next couple of days and all I need to do is apply a bit of serum to tame any flyaways and then brush and lightly spray.

This line is expensive but hair is a prize accessory and you need just a dollop of this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by thesavagefamily

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this with a 20% off coupon, as I have wanted to try. I wasn't sure what it was supposed to do, but I liked the fact it would extend my style and repel dirt. I have very dry, heavily highlighted, naturally curl hair, so extending my blow out is a MUST. I used this after my leave in and before my straightening cream. My hair was very soft and bouncy after using my GHD. I really did not realize the beauty until I got sick. I had shampooed my hair then got very sick, so did not wash hair for about 5 days. I was able to run my hands through my hair and it look pretty good for not straightening each day, touching up or washing. It really did extend my washing time and help my hair to stay straight. I use about dime size amount on shoulder length hair and sometimes layer in more. I willrepurchase!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by liz48170

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This just did nothing for my thinning shoulder length hair. No matter how I used this, small amounts, more generous amounts, with other styling products, without other styling products -- I just got limp lifeless hair

The only time it seemed to have any effect at all was when I washed my hair, styled it and went to bed.

My hair seemed to keep its style (sort of) the next morning.

Not a 24 hour deal, perhaps 12

I will keep to a dry shampoo, cheap fast and easy

I have not found any Living Proof product to work at all - and have tried them all - as they all sound TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE - which in my sake is the truth

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 3:01:00 AM More reviews by babyboo13636

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This hair primer is so good!! like it really helps your style last longer and it smells good....The bottle also lasts for a good amount of time so I think it is really worth the price...I would definitely recommend this to other people I know

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by smashlers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received two samples of this from Sephora and I was so surprised how long they lasted! I am usually very cautious of putting products like this in my hair because it's oily, and a lot of hair products just weigh it down and add to the greasy stringy look that I end up with by 5pm each day after washing it. When I tried this product I really liked the smell, it's fresh and nice but not overpowering. And I was happy when it seemed to prolong my fine, thin, straight blonde hairstyle without making it look greasy or flat.
If I want a lot of volume or I am going to do something different with my hair (curl it, etc.) then I will use a different product instead of this, but on a daily basis (when I just plain blowdry) I like having this to add a nice scent to my hair and keep a fresh style. I bought a fairly large travel size from Sephora for $14 and after seeing how long the samples lasted, it should last me a very long time.