Living Proof Prime Style Extender

Water/Eau/Aqua, Octafluoropentylmethacrylate (Polyfluoroester), Myristyl Alcohol, Polyacrylate-13, PEG-8 Stearate, PPG-2 Myristyl Ether Proponiate, Polyisobutene, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Fragrance/Parfum, Polysorbate 20, Sorbic Acid, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropionol, Limonene, Citral, Geraniol.

on 7/28/2015 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I was really iffy about trying this product based on my only other experience with Living Proof (Perfect Hair Day leave in stuff, which did nothing at all for my hair) but I am glad I did give this a try and I will certainly buy this again and again!

Style Extender does help a lot with my ongoing battle with frizz (I can leave a hot yoga class looking almost presentable!) but it really does extend the style of my hair too. My hair is cut into a layered bob and now it keeps it lovely curved shape overnight, rather than getting flattened out when I sleep. And my hair actually seems to stay cleaner longer, meaning I don't need to shampoo nearly as often. Honestly, this is one of the best hair treatment/styling products I've tried (I prefer it to all the Aveda Smoothing products I've purchased) and I will certainly be repurchasing it. I wish Sephora had the honkin' huge size of this but, alas, they don't and it seems to be sold out online too so I'll keep purchasing the 5 oz. size.

on 7/7/2015 9:43:00 AM

This stuff is magic! The first time I used it, I applied this, blow dried my hair, and did not use anything else on it. I then ended up walking in the rain for ten minutes (under an umbrella). I expected to have to put my hair up when I got where I was going, but my hair still looked great and was not puffy! I have wavy and frizzy hair that is very sensitive to humidity and this is the only styling product I've used that's different from the rest. I know this brand makes humidity specific products and I'm excited to see how well they work after trying this one.

on 5/5/2015 7:37:00 PM

Hair: thick, coloured and with some greys, which makes it a bit coarse and frizzy. This product leaves my hair feeling super soft, like I just had it professionally done, something that I never thought that I could do. I played with a couple of samples that a SA gave me at Sephora, using it on my clean damped hair and, to test it out, I let my hair naturally dry and also tried blow drying it. Both gave me amazing soft hair. It does extend the lifetime of my style and I notice less frizz. Of course I went back and purchase the full size. Took off one lippie just because the prices of Sephora in my country are rude. Just rude.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

It worked quite well to hold my straightened hair together for nights out. I didn't repurchase though, since I found that it accelerated in oil accumulation at my follicle roots.

on 4/3/2015 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My HG staying product for dry, frizzy, and unruly hair. I've tried dozens of products to tame my hair and this works great. It really does smoth, tame, and somehow extend my hairstyle(when I straighten my hair.) Give it a try

on 2/18/2015 5:53:00 AM

This product is AWESOME, it's giving my Alterna Caviar CC 10-in-1 a run for its money. I am so glad I tried this because I haven't been impressed with most of the LP products I've used. First of all, this brand is expensive. And almost every one of their products has either dried my hair out or left it feeling sticky and weighed down. But this leave-in is a five star gem!
For reference, I have hair that is thick, wavy-textured, color-treated, and I heat-style it regularly. And I always use some type of leave-in on my damp hair before blow drying. I need something for added smoothness and control, and this product delivers. It makes my hair shiny, smooth, and frizz-free. No stickiness or dryness, doesn't weigh my hair down in the least.
But what impressed me the most was that I got caught in some bad weather and I expected my hair to turn into a frizzy, poofy mess afterward. But no. With this in my hair, my style held perfectly. I was amazed.
This product is worth every penny and I will definitely buy it again. Recommended!

on 2/14/2015 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've used a few generous sample sizes over the last several months. It smells incredible but I don't think it really helps my hair style last longer or staves off oil. I have to wash my hair every day due to oiliness and I don't find that this helps at all. I've actually had much better luck with the Not Your Mother's Style Extender is much, much cheaper. It actually does help even my lackluster styling products, gives them an extra oomph.

on 12/9/2014 5:03:00 PM

I just recently picked this up after reading the great reviews on makeup alley. Let me just say I'm in love! I use a few sprays of Kenras blow dry mist and then a little of this product. This made my curly hair so smooth, shiny, and easy to blowout! It is definitely a new fave.

on 12/3/2014 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use about 6 or 7 sprays of John Frieda 3-Day Straight on damp hair. Then I run a small amount of this through my hair (1 tsp maybe). I let it air dry (to prevent a little damage from blowdrying) and then flat iron. After a day, I spray in dry shampoo 2x a day. This method keeps my spiral curly hair straight for 5-7 days.

on 11/10/2014 10:31:00 PM

This is my fave styling product for blow drying (above gels, mousses, other creams/sprays both drugstore and high end). I only gave 4 stars cause it doesn't make my style hold longer as it says - it's just a truly awesome product that adds thickness and body, and an incredible shine and softness. Mousse used in conjunction with this does make it last longer. But I use alone a lot. Doesn't have same effect without blow drying. My hair is short for now (growing it), previous color damage I'm repairing using a lot of natural methods and I always spray on beauty protector detangler first. I found a lot of prime works better (don't be stingy). I'm on my 3rd full sized tube.

Top Rated Living Proof Products