November 27, 2014 | 1383 users online

Styling Products - Living Proof - Prime Style Extender

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my fave styling product for blow drying (above gels, mousses, other creams/sprays both drugstore and high end). I only gave 4 stars cause it doesn't make my style hold longer as it says - it's just a truly awesome product that adds thickness and body, and an incredible shine and softness. Mousse used in conjunction with this does make it last longer. But I use alone a lot. Doesn't have same effect without blow drying. My hair is short for now (growing it), previous color damage I'm repairing using a lot of natural methods and I always spray on beauty protector detangler first. I found a lot of prime works better (don't be stingy). I'm on my 3rd full sized tube.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2014 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Cestsibon

Style did not last any longer than other products I've used or currently use. The real issue is that it gives my hair static - as in a lot. Nothing special here with this product, plus an added annoyance.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

A little sticky as far as texture goes but once hair is blown out does not make hair feel sticky or weighed down. Subtle, nice herbal scent typical of LP brand. Despite the fact that it says to use from roots to tips, definitely do less on the roots (as with all products).

Makes hair feel super soft and gives a great allover volume boost, which I love about this. Does make for a bit of frizz, though, as volumizers sometimes do.

However, as far as extending style, this doesn't do anything. It actually makes my roots look greasier after two days than using without, and I still have to wash on third day like I do normally without using this. So for what it's billed for, it doesn't do the job. But for volume, softness and overall styling, it's pretty good. I bought the travel size at $12 but not sure I would invest in the full size as it's kinda pricey.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by glitterkitteneyes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ever since Sali Hughes beauty journalist from the guardianUK mentioned this brilliant product, I was on the hunt for it. This may very well be THE HG hair product of all time for me.
It's this idiot proof hair serum that simply repels dirt and oil/grime through out the DAY and night I apply a nickel to quarter sized blob and apply to my fringe. I work retail and my hair tends to get quite oily around lunchtime and this product makes my blow-out STAY through out. I don't even need dry shampoo anymore. My straight asian hair stays smooth with an extra bounce with no oily fringes. Just brilliant.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by 4ever29

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My hair is problematic, unmanageable, humidity-frizzed, fried/highlighted and graying hair, which as a result of all that had turned into a knotted, and left to it own devices are a dreadlocked mess. So after using this for two weeks in this seriously awful east coast humidity.... OMG, I just use this primer on wet hair and lo and behold it blow dries into silk! It was seriously a miracle. No other product has ever softened and made it silky like this! Holy Grail status!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 7:28:00 AM More reviews by chloecharlton

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Fantastic. I usually don't like any leave in type products as my hair is so fine and it usually just makes it greasy and stiff. But this product makes my hair so silky and smooth...like a have had a professional blow dry! Will purchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I LOVE this product!! I've used almost every product from this line, & I haven't been impressed enough to repurchase anything else....until I tried a sample of this. Once I finished my sample, I immediately went back to Sephora to purchase the $20 full sized bottle. This is a hair primer, so you put this on FIRST after you get out of the shower. Then, put on any other hair stylers/serums you want. This shields hair from dirt, makes any style last longer (I straighten my hair usually), Amps up the effects of any other styling product you use as well, & this allows me to go longer between washing my hair because my hair doesn't get greasy or oily as fast while using this. I will definitely repurchase this & I highly reccommend at least trying a sample first because everyone's hair reacts differently, but this one was a win for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2014 10:48:00 AM More reviews by wixter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was going away for a weekend and didn't want to wash my hair while I was away, so I used a sample of this when I styled it. I wish that I tried it sooner!

I have curly hair and second day hair turns into a wavy, frizzy mess. This stopped that! My hair looked just as shiny, curly, and frizz-free as the day that I washed it.

This smells like citrus to me. Very yummy! The scent is strong, though. It doesn't give me headaches, but I can see this clashing with strong perfumes. I find that the more that I use, the better. I don't apply a huge glop of this, but if I got overboard squeezing some out, I don't find that it weighs down my hair or affects how the style turns out.

This product would be best for curly hair. I haven't tried this while styling straight hair because that's not how I style my hair. But this really brings out my curls, so this might make straight hair more wavy.

This isn't drugstore cheap, but for a full sized bottle, it's only $20. Not bad! I bought a travel sized one for now for just $12, but I think that I'm going to buy the full sized when I run out. Well worth it!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by boclit7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this in a Black Friday kit for $10 at Sephora. I just used it for the first time yesterday when I straightened my hair. I applied it to wet hair and then put my usual styling products in. My hair doesn't feel gross or anything, but I cannot get a brush to run through it without tangling. I've combed it over and over again and can't even run my hands through it. I went in for a bang trim today and my hairstylist couldn't get her comb through it either and even said my hair seemed so tangled. It's straight, but it didn't help extend my style either. I woke up with kinky/wavy hair like I do every time I straighten it (I get hot at night I guess!). It didn't flat iron any easier either. I would definitely not buy this again and I don't plan on using it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by hunnybunnyipm

I bought this hoping to get an extra day out of my style - my hair goes greasy and limp like crazy. I go back and forth on this, but my final ruling is that I like it. For the first time I can wake up and only new a few touch ups, not a total redo. I put some dry shampoo (powder) in at night and in the morning it's good to go. Works really well combined with other products.

I also really like that the nozzle doesn't get gummy and gross like it does on other products. It has a mild scent that I really like - if anything, I wish it was stronger so that my hair smelled more like it!