October 24, 2014 | 1648 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Bath and Body Works - Paris Nights

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me start by saying that I'm not a huge fan of B&BWs regular lotions in the first place- I prefer the body butters or even creams over the plain lotion.
However, as far as this scent goes, I like it. Paris Nights (now discontinued) is a good, girly, sweet scent, but I feel like its not overbearing like Sweet on Paris. It's a nice scent and I usually receive compliments when wearing it, however it's still not my favorite. I have this in a lotion, body wash and spray, and I intend to use them sparingly, as this product is no longer available. :( 3 lippies

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by YanyCosmetics

This is my favorite fragrance from the Paris collection and is great for evenings out!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by HeyThereDelilah9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This just made me mad. My roommate got it for me because she looked at the fragrance notes/how it was marketed, etc. and it seemed like a woodsy/spicy/ambery oriental, which she knows is what I like.
So I get excited and open it and ugh. Seductive blend of jasmine, cabernet and musk, my rear end. It was floral. Pure and unadulterated old lady floral. No amber/vanilla/musk, not even fruit or vanilla to mellow out the old lady. Like Velvet Tuberose, but worse. I expected it to be a deeper, less sweet version of Dark Kiss, or a Dark Kiss/Black Amethyst hybrid. It is neither. Even Black Amethyst isn't this much of a letdown, and I thought BA was the definition of a scent that despite being marketed as deep/rich/sexy was nothing more than a one-dimensional floral on me.
And did I mention florals smell awful on me in general? Like dead flowers. They change on me like you wouldn't believe and this one was no exception. So no. Never thought I'd be saying this but I much preferred Sweet on Paris (a light sweet gourmand, kind of like Carried Away but different) to Paris Nights (a supposed deep, rich, seductive oriental...Hah. Yeah right.)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by marquita19

This is not a bad scent but it is the least favorite of the three that were release with the Paris in Love collections. To me this scent reminds me of the Paris Amour scent but with a lot more powder on the dry down. It would be a more sophisticated scent to wear for night time or on a date. I am not a fan of powdery scents so that is why I gave this a 4 although it still smells very pleasant to me. I have a mini that I purchased for $1 dollar and I keep that in my car to use. I will use it up but would not repurchase as there are other scents at BBW that I like a lot more.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 2:11:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bath&BodyWorks Paris Nights is a "seductive blend of French jasmine, clementines, and cabernet musk". This is the second of the three new Paris inspired scents. This is my second favorite of the trio. I'm unsure if this line is limited edition or not, but I assume it is because the three scents are available in four products; shower gel, body lotion, fine fragrance mist, and a beautifully packaged shimmer mist. Bath&BodyWorks claims that their body lotion formula is the perfect daily moisturizer. The formula contains good stuff like jojoba oil, vitamin e, and shea butter, and is meant to be quick absorbing and and non greasy. Bath&BodyWorks products are cruelty free and made in the USA. I purchased the 2fl oz preview bottle in a bundle pack with the other two scents. Full sized body lotions contain 8fl oz of product and sell for $11.
This sample bottle is made of clear, recyclable plastic and is the same curvy shape as all Bath&BodyWorks bottles. The bottle is topped off with a white pop up cap. The label is pretty, but not what I think of when I think "Paris Nights". An Eiffle Tower and a fancy necklace sit against a dusky purple background. The name of the scent is written in reflective purple letters. The full ingredient list and some company info can be found on the back of the bottle.
Paris Nights is considered by many to be a near exact dupe of Dark Kiss. While they share a lot of scent notes, I they're unique enough from each other to own both. If you want to that is, I'm not sure why you'd want to though, Dark Kiss is icky! Here's the list of scent notes:

Top Notes: Bergamot Italian, Camellia, Fresh Dewberry, Clementine, Waterlily
Mid Notes: Quince, Red Rose, Wild Orchid, Night Blooming Jasmine, Blueberry Blossom, Purple Freesia
Dry Notes: Patchouli Leaf, Sandalwood, Amber, Vanilla, Mahogany Wood

Paris Nights is interesting. It's a little bit similar to Sweet on Paris, no where near as gourmand. It's heavier, and more of a floral base scent. I don't know what a lot of those notes smell like, honestly. I mostly pick up jasmine, vanilla, freesia, and a little bit of sandalwood. It's not unique by any means. I think every brand makes a scent similar to this one. I can't even really go into detail about it, it's so generic. Everyone knows this kind of scent.
The lotion is no different from any other Bath&BodyWorks lotion. It's light purple, thin consistency, non greasy, and fast absorbing. Bath&BodyWorks lotions are decently moisturizing, but not the "perfect daily moisturizer".
Paris Nights smells good, but it's really generic, borderline boring. Every brand makes a scent just like this one. This definitely doesn't smell like Paris at night, it smells like an American drugstore fragrance section. It clings to the skin nicely, and is a little heavy and wintery, a mainly floral scent. I like it, but I wouldn't buy it again. Check it out next time you hit Bath&BodyWorks, it probably won't excite you.