April 20, 2014 | 1725 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Bath and Body Works - Sweet on Paris

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2014 7:51:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

If you like sweet scents then you will like this lotion. It smells like juicy fruit gum to me. It has a deep vanilla undertone to it that I'm not crazy about. I picked this up online during the after Christmas sale for $3 and I'm glad I got it so cheap. If I don't end up using it then it's a nice gift for someone who likes sweeter smelling lotions. I know my 19 year old niece would love this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2013 6:47:00 AM More reviews by Devildog4025

Like many of the other reviews I have posted, I didn't discover this until it was already discontinued. I found it during the semi-annual sale in 2012. I bought 2 bottles of lotion to give as gifts. Well, stuff in life happens and those people ended up no longer being part of my life anymore. Well, lucky me! 'Cause I got to keep this wonderful scent. The lotion all by it self lasts all day, but this year for the sale they had the shimmer spray so I stocked up (not crazy about glitter, but it's mild- just don't spray it on your clothes). I get a lot of compliments when I wear this. BUT, it can be sickingly sweet if you over apply it. It smells like innocence and lollipops; thats truly the only way to say it. This is a day or night scent, in my opinion (although I wouldn't recommend it on a hot summer day).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by LightPink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Sweet On Paris is so delicious !!! This needs to be available on the Bath & Body Works site so everyone can buy it online.

This first came out in August 2012 and at the time I only bought one lotion of this scent and since I also bought so many other fragrances at once I never got the chance to really fall in love with this scent and find out how much I really loved it. I pretty much wore it a few times and very much enjoyed it but I didn't view it as a middle/end of summer fragrance or even a Fall and Winter fragrance so thought I would save it for spring and it would be the perfect fragrance to wear around Easter. Although I did wear this at least once a month up until spring to every birthday party I went to which was pretty much every month and the more I wore it the more I fell in love with it.

I am so upset that I missed my chance at stocking up on this! At this moment the big sale is going on and some stores around the USA have a few products of Sweet On Paris. I wish Bath & Body Works would have also offered it online so those of us who can't find it at near by stores could still have the chance to buy it online since at least a few of us are buying stuff from the big sale online anyway.

I have had a couple of recent dreams about this fragrance being available again at Bath & Body Works again soon! So hopefully if this really is selling good at the big sale right now there could be a slight chance it could come back again soon...

If I ever see this come back then I will stock up and buy every single product available in this scent! Lotion, fine fragrance mist, shower gel etc.

Top Notes: Sparkling Tangerine, Raspberry Kir, Luscious Blackberry, Lemon Meringue
Mid Notes: Jasmine, Macaroon, Apricot, Pink Peony, Juicy Nectarine
Dry Notes: Sugared Musk, Pink Marshmallow, Creamy Sandalwood, Vanilla Infusion

This is the perfect Gourmand fragrance!

*UPDATE December 2013 / January 2014 * YAY!!! So Happy! Bath & Body Works brought this back for the huge SAS sale! What a wonderful surprise. Also a huge Thank You to Bath & Body Works. I stocked up on Sweet On Paris lotion and shower gels! I don't understand why they didn't bring the fine fragrance mist back? We all need a fragrance mist to layer and wear with our Shower gel and lotion?! Either way I know for a fact many people appreciate that Sweet On Paris is back!

Any chance this could become an online exclusive that could be available in all products? Even a candle?

Thank You!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by LovelyLita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product smells so good. I am very sensitive when it comes to perfume but not this one. It's smells so girly and it doesn't smell like alcohol right when you spray it. Smells good from the moment you spray it to the dry down notes.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by HeyThereDelilah9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was quite surprised to find that I really like this. Originally I bought it for my roommate, but then after I came home with it I found that I liked it more than I thought I would, and a few days later I bought another for myself.
It's a gourmand, but it's different from other BBW gourmands in a way. It's not a one dimensional vanilla, it doesn't smell like cookies, and it's not obnoxiously fruity. In a way it reminds me of Carried Away, but more unique and less immediately fruity. On me (with my body chemistry which seems to bring out warmer/deeper/spicier notes in virtually everything, and with the body wash I use, which is mainly patchouli scented) it smells a lot like Victoria's Secret Dream Angels Forever and layers well with it.
I did not expect to like this all that much; I'm more of a spicy/woodsy/ambery/oriental person; most gourmands were never really my thing. I definitely did not expect to like this and despise Paris Nights, which was marketed to seem a lot more like what I like than it actually is *coughONEDIMENSIONALOLDLADYFLORALcough.* But this is nice. If they bring it back some semi-annual or another I may buy it again, although it will never replace my beloved BBW Aromatherapy Black Currant Vanilla.

EDIT: People who, like me, prefer spicier/deeper scents should mix this with BBW Aromatherapy Warm Milk and Honey lotion. The latter is spicy in a cinnamon/nutmeg/clove way and creamy but lacking the sweet/vanilla note that scents of its kind have, so Sweet on Paris sweetens and enlivens it, while Warm Milk and Honey deepens Sweet on Paris, and I for one love them mixed together. However be sure to use a tiny amount of Paris and more of the Aromatherapy stuff, as the former is much stronger and can overpower the latter.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by missbeautyqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Pros:
- Moisturizes
- Smells like HEAVEN
- non-greasy
- non-sticky
- relatively cheap
Cons:
- Somewhat hard to find
- Contains parabens
Overall:
I am in LOVE with this lotion. It smell sooooo good. I can't get enough of it. Whenever I put this on I just walk around smelling myself (I know sounds weird). Not only does it smell good it really does moisturize my skin well. It's non-greasy and non-sticky which is great because usually all the lotions I use are a little greasy. I hate putting on lotion because they are usually greasy but I love to put on this lotion. There's only 2 downside IMO. 1- it contains parabens which I'm not crazy about because I hate using products with parabens. 2- you can only get this lotion in bath and body works stores or online because its their brand. I would highly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 11:19:00 AM More reviews by marquita19

Love love love this scent! I am not usually a fan of foody or gourmand scents but this is just the perfect blend of sweetness and very airy and light. I didn't expect to like this but after I spritzed some on myself in the store, I could not stop smelling my wrist so I purchased the lotion and the fine fragrance mist. The lotion lasts a while but with the fragrance mist it will last longer. I also find the lotion moisturizing for my needs. Too bad this scent is being discontinued as it is my new favorite from BB&W.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2012 3:10:00 AM More reviews by nix19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really had high hopes for this product.
It had such great reviews online that I just had to buy it! It's very hard to find it here in the Philippines. I purchased the To Paris With Love Set with the 2 other scents( Paris NIghts and Paris Bloom).

When I finally got it, ULG. It smelled too sickly sweet. It is comparable to the taxi air fresheners. So sad. But Paris Nights, something that is not what I usually like, really appealed to me and smelled really great.

It's sad because the packaging is so cute and it came in my favorite color. I really wish I liked the smell better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 2:06:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bath&BodyWorks' Sweet on Paris is one of the three newly released Paris inspired scents. Sweet on Paris was inspired by the sweet temptations of a Parisian patisserie. This scent is an "enticing medley of juicy blackberry, lemon meringue, and creamy vanilla." I'm not sure if the Paris collection is limited edition or not, I assume it is because it's only available in four products; shower gel, body lotion, and fine fragrance mist, as well as the beautiful shimmer mist, which is sold in a bottle shaped like the Eiffel Tower. As always, Bath&BodyWorks boasts that their body lotion is the perfect daily moisturizer. The formula contains vitamin e, shea butter, and jojoba oil, and is promised to be non greasy and fast absorbing. Bath&BodyWorks products are cruelty free and and made in the USA. I bought the 2fl oz preview bottle in a bundle with the two other Paris scents. Full sized lotions sell for $11 for 8fl oz.
Like all Bath&BodyWorks lotions, Sweet on Paris comes in a clear, curvy, plastic, recyclable bottle, it's topped off with a white pop up cap. Sweet on Paris has a really cute label! A cupcake, some macaroons, a cake box and the Eiffel Tower sit against a French love letter written on blue paper. The name of the lotion is written in metallic pink lettering. Cute, girly, the label definitely suits the scent.
Sweet on Paris is my favorite scent of the three. Here's the scent notes:

Mid Notes: Jasmine, Macaroon, Apricot, Pink Peony, Juicy Nectarine
Dry Notes: Sugared Musk, Pink Marshmallow, Creamy Sandalwood, Vanilla Infusion

I don't know how Bath&BodyWorks did it, but Sweet on Paris smells just like a raspberry pastry! It's much more of a gourmand scent than I'd ever expect Bath&BodyWorks to make. It's sugary and sweet, but not in an artificial way. Sweet on Paris is very creamy, but it has a little bit of an edge as well to it, a slight tartness, probably the lemon meringue. I think I can pick up a bit of marshmallow as well. Scratch that, after a deep whiff, I can pick up a lot of marshmallow, and some vanilla. I don't understand how this scent is so realistic to a pastry, it's kinda amazing. To me Sweet on Paris seems like a pretty unique scent, at least for Bath&Bodyworks. It's sweet, but not sickeningly so. It seems like a year round scent to me. It also seems difficult to mix and match with other scents. Sweet on Paris is soft and sits close to the skin, lingering for a while.
The lotion is pretty much Bath&BodyWorks standard. A light blue, thin, non greasy, quick to absorb. Not the perfect daily moisturizer, but it gives me a good amount of moisture and softens my skin a little bit.
Sweet on Paris is a great scent, it may be in my top five from Bath&BodyWorks. The label artwork is really cute. The scent is interesting in a god way, it smells just like a berry pastry. I don't normally opt for gourmand type scents, but this one is lovely. It's sweet and a little sugary, in the best possible way. It's very girly without being juvenile. I want to buy the body spray, I may even splurge on the beautifully packaged shimmer body spray. Please check out this scent as soon as you can!