October 24, 2014 | 1625 users online

Mascara - Milani - Runway Lashes Instant Volume Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2014 8:52:00 AM More reviews by ACVR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's perfect lengthening mascara. It can get a little clumpy sometimes, but not always. Affordable like a lot of Milani product and so worth it. It separated and lengthened so nicely to give a feathered look to the eyes. I wish it was a deeper black but other than that I recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Paintedlily62

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is decently thickening (and lengthening) and the black one is incredibly dark black. Very rich and intense. It's pretty good at not budging (maybe the tiniest bit of flaking, not always, though). I walked about 7 miles in the heat and it still looked nice after I was done. That surprised me! Great go to mascara for a good price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by lurketylurk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Surprisingly awesome. You can't beat the price and it works so well. Great separation and lengthening effect. No smudging or flaking, no eye irritation. Lasts all day and comes off easily.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love so many Milani products, but this isn't one of them.

Makes for straight, stubby lashes. Doesn't hold curl; practically kills curl. Doesn't add length and makes lashes stick together in clumps. No crumbles but makes for short, spiky lashes. Thickness or volume isn't really enhanced by this at all. Wet formula that becomes sort of crunchy when dry.

The brush has super short bristles, but I don't really know what that does, good or bad. The only positive of this is the deep black pigmentation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Green_Tea

Instantly straightened my just curled lashes! Absolutely horrible. Runny formula.

Won't be purchasing again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by NadyasMom

I really love this mascara i wish it had a waterproof option. Also the packaging is a little cheap as the color and words rub off but the mascara itself is great adds great length and volume for me it doesnt hold s curl as great as i would like but i always buy another one when i run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by kerseya15

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I never write a review unless I love something and I love this mascara! It's a must try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 4:39:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: It's because of MakeupAlley that I found this hidden treasure. I've always passed by Milani. I tried this just to try something new. Gives good length and good volume to my very sparse and short lashes. Applies easily (see my application tips.) Does well with separate coats if I want to amp it up. Long, voluminous (if I apply in layers), feathery, natural, beautiful, very black lashes. Inexpensive. Removes fine when washing off at night. No extra plastic to create giant packaging that is hard to fit in purse.

CONS: Without my clarins double fix on top, doesn't last all day without any smudging. (But I use the Double Fix on top, and it solves the problem.) If you want to be able to just throw it on, you can, but it will be a very light and natural looking coat. If you want to build coats with combing, etc, this is a bit more time consuming. (see application tips.) Not the best at holding curl but not the worst either.

APPLICATION TIPS: Shiseido's primer (even the new one) helps this stay on with WAY less smudging/transfer/flaking. I am a recent convert to using Shiseido's popular curler too.

This works best when using a light and feathery touch, instead of dragging the brush through the lashes. When I want to amp up the volume and get a lot out of this, I apply in coats. And it does much better if I let the coats dry just a bit in between. I then comb through for beautiful feathery lashes.

I often like to put a light coat of a waterproof mascara (like Rocket Volum Express in waterproof or Telescopic in waterproof) under one of my very volumizing mascaras (like Manga or this one so that my curl will hold much better.

ALTERNATES: The waterproof version of this one (Telescopic) is good too. The Rocket Volum Express - waterproof by Maybelline and L'Oreal's new Manga mascara are better for volume and length that are much more noticable and don't smudge/flake easily. The Rocket stays on without smudging the longest of the two, but the Manga has a TON of volume in one or two coats. I also really like Miliani's Runway Lashes for feathery, soft volume. But it needs to have multiple coats (and just cover it with Clarins Double Fix to make it "more" waterproofed.)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

Bought this after a personal rec but this didn't work for my pin straight fine lashes. It removed all curl I painstakingly put in my lashes immediately. Also I ended up with the look of 5 lashes on each eye instead of voluminous full lashes. Fail on that front.

But I had no smudging or flaking during the day and the spiky 5 lash look lasted all day. Too bad that wasn't the look I was going for.

I found the formula too wet to work with. Maybe after a month this formula is great but for me this mascara will not work and I don't have the patience to wait for this to become great.

If you have curly fine lashes this may be a great mascara for you--do those kind of lashes exist--or if you have beautiful lashes to begin with and are looking for a bargain then this may be your mascara. For me, I need so much more help in the lash department.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by gracie114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara! It holds a curl very well, as well as providing volume and definition. I also love Prestige My Biggest Lashes, but have been using this one more frequently because it holds a curl better.