As I Am - Smoothing Gel

4.4

on 4/3/2014 8:39:00 AM

I'm not sure if I was applying this right or what. I did differently each time to see if I could get it to work. it's VERY thick & hard to apply. I would take my hair into sections & I still couldn't get it to apply right. I'd have patches of frizz. I bought the curling jelly & absolutely LOVE IT. I use the CG method. The jelly leaves my 3a-b-c curls soft, versatile, & frizz free.

on 4/23/2013 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Finally found this line at a Sally's in south Carolina while visiting family. I could not find it anywhere by me in Connecticut! At the advice of lotusfairy, I decided
I had to have this stuff. Well, what a great choice! Thanks for the great advice. This is the perfect gel for my crazy curly wavy cowlick laden hair! I use it whether I am leaving it natural or blow drying straight. It smooths and gives control without greasiness or poofiness. U don't need a lot of it and there is no offensive smell or stickiness. I also had been using the gel soufflé from Shea moisture (see review) but like this a lot better! I will still use the Shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie and gel in the summer when i leave my hair completely natural bc I feel like it may be more moisturizing. BUT I will use it with this stuff. The Shea moisture can get sticky if I use too much yet I feel like I have to use a lot for control so it can be a little finicky. Once I finish up the Shea I don't know if I will repurchase bc I love this gel so much. I have so many gels and products and I finally think I have found the one for my hair! Yay!!! Thx again for the reviews.

on 1/19/2013 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this at Walgreens for $8.99. It has a great fruity scent- sort of a coconut/pineapple scent. It has a very thick gel texture, but what amazed me the most was how shiny it made my hair! It really does an excellent job of smoothing down any frizz I have without being crunchy or leaving any residue. It is best worked into damp or wet hair in my experience. You can also find this at Sally's or Walmart as well. If you have thick or curly hair, I would give this a try.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This will replace my usual gel when I need to stick my curly mane in an updo. This stuff keeps my hair perfectly slicked back without leaving one hair out of place and zero crunch. My hair looks shiny and soft to touch. I plan on stocking up on this great buy.

on 9/20/2012 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Holy grail product for me! As I Am claims that you can use this gel to smooth down any hair that you want to stay smooth and down, and this product does exactly that. It doesn't flake, leave residue, and it doesn't dry to a crunchy feel. Leaves hair shiny. I use this anytime I want to put my hair in an updo of some sort, like in a chignon style. I'd buy this again and again!